PDA

View Full Version : Obama Buys Hawaiian Estate Used In "Magnum P.I." TV Show

DR Owl Creek
03-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Obama apparently bought the Waimanalo beach-front estate, on Oahu, named Pahonu that was featured in the "Magnum P.I." TV show for $8.7 million. The 11,000 sq. ft., 5 bedroom, gated villa, sits on 3 acres, and has a private beach. The property will apparently be used for winter vacations and golf outings.

The transaction was handled by Seth Madorsky, a Chicago attorney and Obama donor. Everyone in the transaction had to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose the name of the actual buyer. The deed and mortgage were signed by Judy Grimanis, an employee of a Chicago based private capital firm run by Obama friend and golf buddy, Marty Nesbitt. Grimanis also worked for Penny Pritzker, another Obama fund-raiser and the current U.S. Secretary of Commerce.

The amount of the transaction included about another $1 million for renovation of the property, and to build a basketball court and heliport.

For more details, see: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/president-obama-buying-magnum-p-house-hawaii-article-1.2156151

Dave

s mac
03-20-2015, 11:51 AM
So is it now the home of Magnum BO?

jmort
03-20-2015, 11:56 AM
"So is it now the home of Magnum BO?"

That is funny. If it is obama standing behind the straw-buyer, and it appears he is, I feel for the neighbors. Right now, they don't seem to care, but they will when obama clogs things up. But, it will be nice when obama leaves office, and we don't have to pay for his flights to Hawaii. Hawaii deserves obama.

dragon813gt
03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Where did he get the money to buy it? If this is true it's going to kill Magnum for me. I watch it all the time on Netflix.

leeggen
03-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Does the pres. make that much money being in office??? He'll probably lease a living space to the S.S. that protect him and his other 3, That way no money is paid out of his pocket. Like the Clintons did!
CD

texaswoodworker
03-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Does the pres. make that much money being in office??? He'll probably lease a living space to the S.S. that protect him and his other 3, That way no money is paid out of his pocket. Like the Clintons did!
CD

The President makes $400,000 per year and has a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment. (Really? We're paying to entertain the ***?)

He's probably made a lot off his book, but considering all the vacations he goes on, all the golfing he does, and how much he spends on frivolous **** ($100,000 per year dog trainer), I'd say he's way out spent all of that and is stealing taxpayer money to live in luxury.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States#cite_note-salary_details-79)

starmac
03-20-2015, 10:50 PM
I seem to remember our industrious president pays taxes on over 2 million a year income. You just don't realise how much money you can stash back from a 10 thousand dollar a year community organizer job.

SciFiJim
03-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Darn. Spit. Dirty socks. I was set to spend a week in a vacation rental house three properties down from this house this summer. If this is true, this is going to ruin the peace and quiet of the vacation I was looking forward to.

I love visiting Hawaii. It is a tropical paradise with American money and American English. I may have to change my plans. Grrr.:sad::-x

Frank46
03-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Magnum BO. I love it. Frank

MaLar
03-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Madam Press makes buko bucks also.

NavyVet1959
03-21-2015, 03:07 AM
Darn. Spit. Dirty socks. I was set to spend a week in a vacation rental house three properties down from this house this summer. If this is true, this is going to ruin the peace and quiet of the vacation I was looking forward to.

I love visiting Hawaii. It is a tropical paradise with American money and American English. I may have to change my plans. Grrr.:sad::-x

I like the gun range over at Koko Head and although on the surface the island looks nice, I really wouldn't want to live there. Things are way overpriced and land ownership is kind of screwed up as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.realestate.com/advice/hawaii-real-estate-for-sale/

Looks like O'Bozo was not the one buying the house though.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/20/obamas-not-mystery-buyers-magnum-pi-home-says-white-house

Mystery solved?

The Obamas are not the secret buyers of the beach-front Hawaiian home Tom Selleck once roamed as the star of the 1980s television show "Magnum, P.I.," according to White House spokesman Josh Earnest and an Obama associate who says he and he alone is the proud new owner.

The house sold on Monday for $8.7 million in a tricky transaction that all parties signed a secrecy pledge to, prompting immediate speculation the home would be the post-White House abode of the Obamas. But Earnest said Friday the clues don't add up to the first family being the new owners of Hawaii's most-talked about house.

"They are not," Earnest said flatly.

On Thursday, Seth Madorsky, an attorney for Marty Nesbitt, said his client bought the property and didn't have any partners or co-investors in the deal. Nesbitt is a Chicago businessman who served as treasurer for Obama's first presidential run and is chairman of the Barack Obama Foundation, which will build the president's future library.

The buyer of the 11,054-square-foot home on three acres of Honolulu beach front was listed as "Waimanalo Paradise," and the deed and mortgage are signed by Judy Grimanis, an executive assistant at a Nesbitt's private equity firm, and a former employee of Penny Pritzker, the real estate millionaire Obama tapped to be Secretary of Commerce in 2013.

The denials may chill, but likely won't kill, speculation about the Obamas saying "Aloha" after the president's second term ends. The Obamas own a home in Chicago, but recent reports have said they may relocate to New York when his second term ends. Hawaii, however, where the president lived in his teenage years, has been a recurring vacation spot for the Obamas since moving to Washington. There has also been speculation Hawaii could be the natural choice for Obama's presidential library.

The home sold for $8.7 million, but may need some fixing up.

But whomever is getting the house has his or her work cut out. The home, with five bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, was originally designed in a European style by Louis Davis, and includes a tennis court, fireplace, 3-car garage, boathouse, bathhouse and maid’s quarters. The home is located on Kalanianaole Highway, at the edge of a white sand beach with stunning turquoise waters fronted by a rare historic turtle pond that formed a protective salt pool. In the TV show starring Selleck, the property was portrayed as “Robin's Nest,” an oceanfront estate owned by fictitious novelist Robin Masters.

“It’s gone into disrepair since Magnum P.I. days. It’s an 80-year-old house that has not been cared for for a while – an $8 million fixer upper,” said Michael W. Perry, Hawaii’s most well-known radio personality of KSSK’s Perry & Price Show. “However, it is a great area, between Sea Life Park and Kailua, with the most spectacular views you can possibly get. If the place was good enough for Magnum and his friends, then it is definitely good enough for a President.”

The home was purchased from former Republican state representative and environmental activist, Eve Anderson, a well-known figure in the political and windward communities, who is the step-daughter of Cox Communications heiress Barbara Cox Anthony. Anderson’s grandfather was the original owner of the property.

I looked up where the house is located and it is not that far from the Koko Head shooting range. In fact, it is pretty close to exactly downrange from the shooting range. But, having a former volcano as a backstop to the shooting range, you would be hard pressed to come anywhere close to the house shooting towards it from the range. :)

In Magnum PI, the "Robin Masters" estate was supposedly 200 acres and on the North Shore. The real life house is more on the southeast corner of Oahu and the property is considerably smaller -- only about 3 acres. It was listed for around $7.8M and looking at the satellite and Google Street View photos, I would say that it is a bit overgrown at the very least. For that sort of money, you would hope that it was built on land that you actually owned and not that weird lease land thing that they have in Hawaii. As a side note, Bush's ranch is 1583 acres and the Reagan ranch was 688 acres.

Wis. Tom
03-21-2015, 09:11 AM
If the Obama library has to be made up of "facts and truth", it should be a pretty quick and easy job for Marty to set up, considering most of this presidents' agenda was all smoke and mirror lies.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Like every thing else about him read this.

"Everyone in the transaction had to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose the name of the actual buyer."

A "friend" purchased it and he will be using it.

That means that WE the taxpayers will be paying for the secret service to protect the property 24-7-365.

Next we will find out that WE are paying exorbitant room rental for the SS agents who have to stay there to watch the house he does not own.

TXGunNut
03-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Where did he get the money to buy it? If this is true it's going to kill Magnum for me. I watch it all the time on Netflix.

BO's never had a real job, been living off the taxpayers or those wishing to benefit from his favors all his life and doing quite well, it seems.

jmort
03-21-2015, 03:18 PM
He made a few million on his books, Dreams of My Father, the Drunk Womanizer" and "The Abusrdity of Hope (In Obama)" and the kids book "I Sold Out Your Future."

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2015, 03:32 PM
BO's never had a real job, been living off the taxpayers or those wishing to benefit from his favors all his life and doing quite well, it seems.

Yes he did.

He was on the board of the "Joyce Foundation", one of the biggest anti 2A foundations in MY country.

Duckiller
03-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Jim I would go on your Hawaiian vacation now. While he is still president he does spend time in Washington. Once he is out of office he will probably mess up that part of Ohau.

Bad Water Bill
03-21-2015, 04:42 PM
How many welfare recipients and illegal aliens will he need to import so that he can be crowned governor FOR LIFE?

Vulcan Bob
03-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Well we had a make believe PI there and now a make believe president.

Herb in Pa
03-21-2015, 11:37 PM
There goes the neighborhood...............................

rrob692326
04-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Why do we "deserve" this special honor, go retire in DC or Chicago, Kenya or wherever the hell your really from. Place is screwed up enough already. We don't need another "natural disaster" At least it's not on the same island as me. Gotta be thankful for small favors at least he's not bringing hillary. Some people don't care where their **** goes so long as the pipe is not in their backyard, sheesh
Aloha No
RR

dkf
04-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Well at least he will be a good distance from the mainland, Guam would have been better though. Wait until Barry hits the speech and appearance circuit. He will be "poor" like the Clintons.

starmac
04-05-2015, 02:17 AM
If the Obama library has to be made up of "facts and truth", it should be a pretty quick and easy job for Marty to set up, considering most of this presidents' agenda was all smoke and mirror lies.

If it is only made up of his facts and truths, even accomplishments, most outhouses had more reading material than it would.

Bad Water Bill
04-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Quit complaining.

Here in Chiraq his anointed mayor wants to take 20 acres of prime lake front property (set aside over 100 years ago as PUBLIC PROPERTY for free use by the residents) to hold his records of GREAT achievements while in the W H.

Just how much land do you need for an out house?

Also wouldn't that lead to massive pollution of one of the great lakes?

And you are complaining about 3 acres that A SECRET ADMIRER actually paid cash money for.

NavyVet1959
04-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Well at least he will be a good distance from the mainland, Guam would have been better though. Wait until Barry hits the speech and appearance circuit. He will be "poor" like the Clintons.

I'm thinking the bottom of the Mariana Trench would be a better place for him.