PDA

View Full Version : How to delete photo's from your personal file

Wayne S
03-19-2015, 07:54 PM
I have several photo's in my file that I can't seam to delete , is there a way to clear unwanted photo's from your personal file ?

MBTcustom
03-20-2015, 08:54 AM
You might have already done this, but go to "User CP" click on "attachments" and you should have total freedom to decide who will go and who will stay.

salpal48
03-20-2015, 09:25 AM
The personal Photo's That you have downloaded will never go away. This Is been on several Threads. . you are only able to delete it from The attachment you have post on the thread. But in your master file it will remain. . The admin was to be working on a Resolution. but I don,t know if That has been fixed. At the moment you are stuck like everyone else

Guesser
03-20-2015, 10:24 AM
So, when the file is full, 20MB, then no more pic posting?

therealhitman
03-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Nah. He's just :kidding:. I just cleared mine out. It's the button marked "delete" (imagine that).

M-Tecs
03-20-2015, 11:22 AM
The problem with deleting them is they disappear from the old posts as well.

Mike W1
03-20-2015, 02:14 PM
The problem with deleting them is they disappear from the old posts as well.

And if I understand correctly, each user has a maximum assigned and new ones override the oldest. That's why I prefer to put my pix into something like photobucket and upload the IMG from there. If you read back on some of the stickies the photos are missing from a lot of them and a lot of times really reduces the value of what's left.

Short Range
03-21-2015, 09:34 AM
You might have already done this, but go to "User CP" click on "attachments" and you should have total freedom to decide who will go and who will stay.

Thank you for those directions. I was sure that there should be a way to see how many photos I have uploaded already, but couldn't find it. Been stumbling around this site just about every day for a couple of years now and still have a lot to learn/see :grin:

NavyVet1959
03-21-2015, 09:44 AM
One of the things that I find irritating about reading some of the old threads is that although they have good info, the photos that they used to illustrate the topics are often missing because they used a site that deletes the photos if they haven't been viewed in a certain period of time or they limit the user's monthly bandwidth. On the other hand, if you put them as attachments on the site, only people who are members can view the photos and there is also a somewhat limited amount of space that you can use. I am starting to put my photos on my Google Drive and linking to them from there. There's still a limit, but it's quite a bit more than any of the forums allow you to have for attachments. When I finally croak, my photos will probably disappear sometime after that, I suspect.

MBTcustom
03-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Nobody looks at my photos anyway. LOL!