PDA

View Full Version : Experienced reloaders, casters, swagers & machine operators in the Austin, TX region

OnceFired
03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Hello everyone

I am working on a reloading related project in the Austin, Texas area. I am looking to connect with the vast breadth of knowledge and experience for a very ambitious effort.

This online community has been & still is the PERFECT place to draw from for expertise in reloading, casting, swaging, powder coating, and beyond. The people I have had the pleasure of meeting via the forums have been exceptionally helpful, highly educational, and deeply committed to the art & science behind ammunition. I would like to return the favor I have been granted repeatedly by the members of this community.

In order to pursue that end, I need face to face conversations with reloading hobbyists & professionals who are in the central Texas / greater Austin area or are willing to travel here on their own dime for a meeting. I am working toward a goal I think everyone here can relate to, and would wholeheartedly support.

I am looking for folks who:

Have experience running progressive reloading presses such as the Dillon Super 1050
Are familiar with automation such as the Ponsness / Warren autodrive
Have experience high volume reloaders is a big plus (AmmoLoad Mark L, Corbin CHP-1 HydraSwage, etc)
Repeatedly have shown a predisposition to teaching & mentoring new reloaders/casters

I am particularly interested in retirees looking for something fun to do. And, special consideration will absolutely be afforded any military veterans who have applicable mechanical / machining experience.

I realize I am being a bit cryptic, to be sure. All will be made plain shortly - we are still in the preparation phase, but we're getting close enough that I can begin talking about it under the right circumstances.

I'm organizing this group to unveil my project to. We will not be trying to sell you anything. In fact, I'll be asking you to sign a non-disclosure agreement if you would like to participate in the discussion. Timing for the event is to be determined, as is the exact venue. My goal for this forum thread is to determine how large of a group we can anticipate.

My thinking is that we'll feed you a nice meal & reveal what we've been working on. I am looking for feedback & opinion about the project, of course. It'll be probably 3-4 hours all told, so you'll have time to do other things while in the Austin area, if you wish.

We'll also provide free brass as a thank you for your participation.

Please let me know who is interested.

Thank you,
OF

ph4570
03-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you are looking into starting an ammo factory. Were I closer I would attend your meeting as it sounds interesting but I am many days ride from Texas.

Good luck with your venture.

Ehaver
03-14-2015, 10:56 PM
This sounds like the arena for another WILCO poll.. we could all take a guess as to what OF is up to....

Lucky Joe
03-14-2015, 11:00 PM
I am way way North of Texas or I would attend. Best I can do is subscribe to this thread.

OnceFired
03-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Oh man, you mean I inadvertently(?) pulled a WILCO??? lol

obssd1958
03-15-2015, 04:16 PM
I will be in San Antonio, tentatively, between the 16th and 25th of May. I'm interested, and have a background that could be of some use.

Don

Lucky Joe
03-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Might have to do a webinar.

Kent Fowler
03-16-2015, 02:52 PM
You're starting an ammuniton manufacturing group in the Liberal Mecca of Texas?

OnceFired
03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Just a touch too early to divulge details here, so please allow me to be coy and reply without answering the question directly. I promise this will gain your interest when we are ready to unveil it.

OF

BD
03-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Texas? Is that in south america?

Beau Cassidy
03-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Texas? Is that in south america?

Distance-wise from Moosehead lake it might as well be! I always found it interesting that on my drive to Moosehead Lake there was a marker on the side of the road stating it was the half way point between the Equator and the north pole. Who would have thought that spot would be all the way up in Maine of all places? This Earth sure is a big place, ain't it?

Rufus Krile
03-18-2015, 12:26 AM
You ARE going to wait until after SXSW, right?

OnceFired
03-18-2015, 12:17 PM
What's SXSW?

JUST kidding.

OnceFired
03-25-2015, 01:08 AM
Hey guys

I just landed several guys in the Austin area who are interested. Roughly 20-30 years of reloading experience each - Austin, Cedar Park, and Marble Falls areas.

Who else is near enough to participate?

OF

OnceFired
03-25-2015, 10:59 PM
Looks like we're adding two more interested folks.

Keep them coming. Our plan will need a bunch. :)

OF

OnceFired
03-25-2015, 11:02 PM
I should also mention we have people in two other states.

I haven't requested either of them to coordinate a meeting locally, but it is possible we have some face to face in Missouri and Nevada as well. Springfield (actually Marshfield) MO, and Laughlin, NV in particular. That said, we are focused on Austin for where we execute our plan.

OF