PDA

View Full Version : It is Official.

OeldeWolf
03-12-2015, 04:01 AM
I just got my Notice of Award from Social Security. And the backpay hit my bank account.

I was approved on the first pass, which I understand is unusual.

Now I am official, I need to get a few things done, and see which programs I may apply for. Maybe get help with a new roof. I have not posted much, but have lurked a bit. And yes, a few of the dollars I got have to be spent on some casting and sizing things. lol. but I am not planning on buying any firearms. Though there is that K31 at the LGS, and with 3 I could stack them ......

MrWolf
03-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Congrats! From what others have said only a few first time submissions are approved. Make sure you take some me time to help improve the situation.

km101
03-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Congratulations! It's a good feeling to get that letter in the mail. I know it took a load off my shoulders. I was approved on the first try also, but it took 8 months for the approval. I was really starting to worry when it came.

jmort
03-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a blessing. Glad this has worked out for you.

OeldeWolf
03-15-2015, 04:24 AM
Yes, it was a great relief. Finally some money coming in. I can pay the mortgage, etc, all by myself.
And just in time for the high power bills from running the AC unit, LOL. I am hoping to finally make some progress on things, and get some boolits going. :)

And thanks to everyone on the forum, this place has helped keep me sane (well, sort of).

lbaize3
03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Hot dignity dog! That is good news OledeWolf... You paid all of that money into sociable security, it is about time they gave you some back.

OeldeWolf
03-16-2015, 11:32 PM
And with my modest lifestyle, it is enough that if I can keep a room rented out, I should be able to live decently. :) Even maybe keep the house.