PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield county Connecticut Westchester county NY casters?

ridenclimb
03-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

I live in the fairfield connecticut area. Would like to know if there are others on the board from the fairfield CT/westchester NY area. Have only been casting for a couple years - the lack of inventory and a spirit of self reliance got me started. Have only cast maybe 5k or so bullets so far but I have found it to be an enjoyable and productive way to spend some time outside when the weather is nice. I usually cast up at my parents place as I live in a condo. May be moving to a house in the near future which will be nice.

Anyway, looking to meet some casters in my area. If you are new and have a place to cast would be happy to pass along the knowledge I have gleaned from this site and personal experience. I cast pistol bullets for my 45acp and 9mm and use powder coat rather than traditional lube. I find them to be as accurate as any I have purchased commercially and they look pretty good IMHO. :)

Some people at my range reload but very few cast. I know there must at least be a few other people from my neck of the woods.

If you are from the area give a shout out.

ridenclimb
03-15-2015, 12:46 AM
Almost a week and no replies. Am I the only caster in this area on this board? New England winter is finally loosening its grip. Look forward to cranking out some bullets soon.

Eddie17
03-15-2015, 12:52 AM
I'm in NE also, Springfield MA, looking forward to getting back into casting as soon as the weather allows!

CHeatermk3
03-15-2015, 01:11 AM
I'm from New Rochelle but now live in Washington...Pleased to meetcha... in cyberland that is!

Cd662
03-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Riden, what club do you shoot at? I'm from New Haven county, but I don't do a lot of casting.

Janoosh
03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm from Hudson Valley, Po'keepsie area. Used to be lots of casters at the Lyman range in Wallingford, Ct.(can't remember the name)
Don't know about the Westchester range in Montrose area.
There is a range near the Danbury mall, just south on rt7.
Lots of good buys at Jolly Roger's in New Milford, but it's been awhile since I've been there.
There are casters at Autumn Gun Works in CT.
Not many public ranges in that area.
Great Sporting clays as at Dover Furnace.

Doc Highwall
03-15-2015, 11:54 PM
That would be the Blue Trail Range in Wallingford , CT. I am in northern CT.

ridenclimb
03-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Nice to hear from a few people from the surrounding area. Thank you for your replies. Warmer weather looks like it may finally be here.

Have yet to hear from anyone in fairfield county.

Cd662 - I shoot at a private range in Greenwich. Small but nice facility with an active membership. I am tempted to make the drive to check out the new King 33 facility. Looks like it would be a blast!

Have a good day everyone.