PDA

View Full Version : NRA range safety officer course/test.

nagantguy
03-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Just finished the course and took the test; easy as pie except there are several typos on the testand in three cases the correct answer for a question was not an option given. in two more instances the correct answer on the test and the correct answer in the crso book were different letters. Question 21 for example the answer should have been none of the above but that was not a choice, it was a choice D in the crso answer key. Another I can't say off hand I'll have to look, The test and answer key were a letter choice off, so if you chose A on the test, the answer in the key said B. The answer for B on the test was the rso should be in the bath room during a live fire event. Seem like there should be some editing and proof reading, the book and test cost 26 bucks delivered and to get your cert is another $25. For fiftyone bucks 5 mistakes on the test is unacceptable. Just my post test rant.

montana_charlie
03-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Are you saying that you buy the test and the answer key for $25?

nagantguy
03-09-2015, 08:47 PM
No I bought the test, a crso administers the test, if you pass its another 25 to get your certificate.

Cmm_3940
03-09-2015, 11:09 PM
I've been wondering why I didn't score 100. It wasn't what I'd call hard. In my case, the NRA training counselor sold the RSO test packages during the instructor training course for us to take home. We mailed the completed test to the counselor, who then recorded the results with NRA.

joesig
03-10-2015, 02:39 AM
I have taken quite a few tests (certifications for work), with an order of magnitude more cost, where you had to pick the answer that was the least wrong. Very frustrating to say the least.

nagantguy
03-10-2015, 02:04 PM
It was an easy test, and not that pricey, but its still unbelievable that there isn't any proof reading /editing, I expected more from the NRA in a range safety officer course. 5 of us took the test but not together, at least 5 questions on every test that did not have the right answer as a choice or the right answer on the test didn't match the letter on the answer key.

dtknowles
03-10-2015, 05:24 PM
It was an easy test, and not that pricey, but its still unbelievable that there isn't any proof reading /editing, I expected more from the NRA in a range safety officer course. 5 of us took the test but not together, at least 5 questions on every test that did not have the right answer as a choice or the right answer on the test didn't match the letter on the answer key.

Did you let the NRA know and provide them with the edits needed to make things right?

Tim

nagantguy
03-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Yes, yes I did, part of my personality or mayhaps personality disorder is I can't let something like this go.

dtknowles
03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Yes, yes I did, part of my personality or mayhaps personality disorder is I can't let something like this go.

If they don't fix it then shame on them, you already did the hard work identifying the problems. The fix should be easy. Good on you.

Tim

dtknowles
03-11-2015, 09:25 PM
They should thank you but I would not hold my breath waiting for their thanks.

Tim

Hickory
03-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Some test are designed so that no one gets 100%

dtknowles
03-11-2015, 09:43 PM
When I was in High School my older sister had a job where she was to help find work for a bunch of people who had been laid-off from the local woolen mills. They had this standard test for the applicants to take. She ask a friend of mine and I to take the test so she could get an idea about how hard the test was. We both did very well on the test, it was very easy for a high school college prep student. I missed one question, it was about what was the coldest part of the refrigerator. It had a drawing of an old style refrigerator, the kind with one door and inside near the top was the freezer with the cooling coil. There were three arrows one pointing to near the top one pointing to near the middle and one pointing to near the bottom. The "correct answer" was near the bottom since cold air is heavier than warm air and would sink to the bottom but I picked the arrow near the top because I could see that was where the cooling coil was. Sometimes you just have to figure out what answer they are looking for not what the correct answer is.

Tim

Jack Beauregard
03-11-2015, 09:55 PM
except there are several typos on the testand... you mean like that? :wink:

birddog
03-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Seems to make sense now, as most of the range officers I've came across were as dumb as rocks.
Charlie

dtknowles
03-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Seems to make sense now, as most of the range officers I've came across were as dumb as rocks.
Charlie

I guess I am lucky in a way, the range officers where I shoot are pretty sharp. They do need to be a bit more attentive. They conversate when they should be watching. Those 4 hour shifts make it hard to stay on task. :razz:

Tim

lefty o
03-11-2015, 11:51 PM
have to agree, the few nra RSO's ive encountered have not been awe inspiring lol.

Echo
03-12-2015, 01:49 AM
I had an NRA-certified RO pick up a 45 to show me while folks were downrange repairing a target. I never went back to that range (on a military installation!).