PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cure

starmac
03-08-2015, 10:23 PM
This time of year I generally limit my spending to needs, and since deciding I wanted to run a log truck this winter there is a very good reason. (not the most profitable idea)
There was a man sale type garage sale advertized from 9 am to 1 pm today only, mostly tools. Now I ALMOST did good, I stayed home until 12:30, then had to go, even though I could not think of any tool that I NEED. Well there were some genuine bargains there I couldn't pass up. GRRRRRR
There was also a MK111 there that belonged to someone else.
Now I have told myself NO more firearms (unless it is a lever action ofcoarse) and I have never been interested in military arms much, right handed bolts much, or a 303 at all. I couldn't resist making an offer (lower than they were authorized to take), but the lady said they were closing soon and she felt the old gent that owned it would so I should leave my number, which like a dummy I did, and sure enough I got the call.
At least I will use the tools, I may never even gear up and fire my new to me enfield. What is it that makes a guy do these things????????

WILCO
03-08-2015, 10:31 PM
What is it that makes a guy do these things????????

Pure and simple, "Desire".
The desire to have just "one more".
The desire to experience another adventure.
The desire to learn.
The desire to share.
The desire to "Save" a piece of history.
You may not recognize the symptoms or actions of desire, but they exist nonetheless.

skeettx
03-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Just lucky I guess :)
Rave on Dude!!

swamp
03-08-2015, 10:39 PM
I keep telling my self, "just because it is a good deal doesn't mean that you have to buy it". So far I just ignore myself.
swamp

country gent
03-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Starmac, you can become a hermit. If you never go out you never are tempted. Men dont deal with temptation very well.

fatelk
03-08-2015, 10:43 PM
I feel your pain. Internet forums like this one though, are the exact opposite of a cure. I rarely even realize that I need another gun, a new mold, more brass or lead, etc., until I come here and see all you enablers, er, guys talking about it. :)

What's even worse though is going to a gun show or something with the mindset that you absolutely are not going to buy anything, then you see an amazing bargain but hesitate because you weren't going to buy anything, and the next guy buys it just as you make up your mind and reach for your wallet. That happened to me recently with a Leopold scope that had a $50 price tag on it. :(

MaryB
03-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Look at it as an investment, they are becoming more scarce every year!

aspangler
03-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the world of Milsurp addiction. :bigsmyl2:

starmac
03-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Well I guess you can say that the enfields have become more scarce by one anyway. lol I have this other problem, that is even if it is one that I have no interest in, once it becomes mine, it stays mine. lol I never sell them, so not sure what kind of investment it is. lol

oldred
03-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Why would you want to cured??????

BrassMagnet
03-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Look at it as an investment, they are becoming more scarce every year!

You can always offer it up for sale to BrassMagnet.
He will feel your pain, but he will get over it!

starmac
03-09-2015, 02:29 AM
You would not want this one, it doesn't have the top wood.

starmac
03-09-2015, 02:32 AM
Why would you want to cured??????

Somebody might accuse me of stockpiling or hoarding one of these days, and that sceers me. lol

Artful
03-09-2015, 03:10 AM
If your looking to restore - check out the links
http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
https://apexgunparts.com/
http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/

BrassMagnet
03-09-2015, 07:42 AM
You would not want this one, it doesn't have the top wood.

I have the top wood.

mold maker
03-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I'd be a much richer man, if I didn't read about so many things I didn't know I needed.

MtGun44
03-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Money is only good for one thing - to obtain things which you either have to have
like food, clothing and shelter or would like to have, after the first requirements
are satisfied. Money in the bank is a good way to be safe if there is some sort of
an unexpected expenditure required, like health problems or some sudden damage
to your home. After all that, the purpose of money is to make your time on this
earth more interesting, comfortable and enjoyable. Don't beat yourself up about
spending it unless you can't really afford it and will need to miss meals or your
medicine or let the house collapse or something like that.

Money is to spend, once you have enough put away "for a rainy day" and have
paid you bills.

oldred
03-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Money is only good for one thing - to obtain things which you either have to have
like food, clothing and shelter or would like to have, after the first requirements
are satisfied. Money in the bank is a good way to be safe if there is some sort of
an unexpected expenditure required, like health problems or some sudden damage
to your home. After all that, the purpose of money is to make your time on this
earth more interesting, comfortable and enjoyable. Don't beat yourself up about
spending it unless you can't really afford it and will need to miss meals or your
medicine or let the house collapse or something like that.

Money is to spend, once you have enough put away "for a rainy day" and have
paid you bills.

There was rather quiet fellow at work that rarely said much of anything but he sure spoke a bit of wisdom one day when he said to some of us having a conversation on wasting money, "The only money that's really wasted is what's left in the bank when you die".