PDA

View Full Version : Thanx to all, Discovery Info, NOW 22 or 177

TCLouis
03-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Lot of shooting grackles, cowbirds at 7, 13, 57 yards and of course a bunch of paper punching.

Some Squirrel hunting (the eatin kind) thrown in over the year.

OR

Order with 177 barrel and then add a 22 barrel as an accesory?

besk
03-08-2015, 07:59 PM
For paper punching the 177 is fine but I much prefer the 22 for hunting. So if you can add the 22 barrel I definitely would.

Doggonekid
03-12-2015, 12:12 AM
My girls really like my Beeman R7 springer .177 for plinking. I got the Beeman R1 in a .20 cal for hunting. But I found the availability of .20 cal pellets sucks. The next gun I got was a Air Arms PGC in a .22 cal. That was the best choice I have made. Great for hunting, great for plinking, and a real wide verity of pellets to choice from.

Outer Rondacker
03-17-2015, 06:12 AM
I built a discovery in .22 cal. I have done loads of mods. Muzzle brake $45 TKO is a must. I shoot only yards from people and they never know. With some changes in springs,screws and home made depinger I am putting crossman pellets out at 1075-1150. Now I know its a big swing but let me tell you this. I get 42 shots of hunting before I have to recharge. Oh and the disco can be charged safely to the red once you have done some mods. What I am trying to say is I put around 65 more dollars into the gun after I got it and it will out shoot my real .22s with no noise. I have taken coons, skunks, squires, very large fox, duck, crow, and my favorite rabbit. I have taken crows and rabbits at 100 yards. Fox was give or take 60yd.

I vote for hunting .22 for paper .177. If I had my way my discovery would be .25 but they dont make that. Oh and the trigger pull can be made that of a smith revolver in single action. Think that cost me a bic pen.

TCLouis
03-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Push come to shove after all of this, To get the best pricing I ended up with ordering a 22 caliber, in fact it is supposed to be here tomorrow. Apparently came from one of the local Amazon centers since I just ordered it yesterday.

Outer R, any site with most of the mentioned mods?

I can pass on the suppressor for now since I can shoot full power powder guns here at the house.

First order will be to find a 177 barrel, then good sites to read up on the gun and what mods provide best and most useful mods.