PDA

View Full Version : Update on my status.

GoodOlBoy
03-07-2015, 01:29 PM
On Feb 27th I had surgery and had the right testicle removed along with the tumor. I have no blood markers for cancer. The tumor/mass was isolated within the testicle itself. I spent the night in the hospital and the last week at my grandmother's resting. I am back at home, I am on the same restrictions as a hernia patient. Right now I feel like I have been beaten half to death twice... I appreciate all the prayers. At this point I am healing, but it looks like I have radiation treatments ahead of me as a "just in case" measure. I have calls made to both the recommended dr, and another oncologist to setup appointments, and second opinions, etc. All this without income as I am still fighting SS Disability. Good Lord willin it will all work out.

Thanks

Richard

nagantguy
03-07-2015, 01:55 PM
You will be in the prayers of me and mine! Hang in there can't promise you things will "work out" to your specs or best cases wishes but I can promise you your attitude and determination will have a huge effect on out come! Be the tough never give up never quit GoodOlBoy who's posts and manners I've always admired! Fight like your life depends on it, YOU have it in ya! If ya need to vent talk or yell pm me! You were one of the first "friends" I had on this board and to me it was more than an "internet" friendship. When you are back in fighting form let's get together for some hunting and shooting!

Errokk
03-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Rich, glad to hear all went well and sorry to hear that the pain is sticking around the way it is. Will keep you in my prayers and I'm so glad for you and yours!

VintageRifle
03-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the update. Keeping you in my thoughts.

shoot-n-lead
03-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Glad it was confined...will add you to the prayer list.

jabo52521
03-07-2015, 08:30 PM
All my prayers. Get well.

MostlyOnThePaper
03-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I'll be praying. Sounds like so far so good, hope the pain settles out.
Randy

w5pv
03-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Prayers for you Richard,hope you recover 100%.

DoubleAdobe
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Prayers up for your recovery, amigo.

smoked turkey
03-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Praying here too for your continued recovery, total healing, and that the pain will subside immediately. Also for wisdom for you and the medical personnel who are treating and advising you.

buckwheatpaul
03-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Richard, It is good that the mass was contained within the testicle. As you have seen that, surgery, is the small battle....the real battle is with SSI. Brother you are within my prayers for healing from the surgery and radiation plus relief from the SSI people....Paul