PDA

View Full Version : Bad habit? Good habit?

Freightman
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I bought a 45 Colt 7.5" Gaucho the second week in January, and got a 1000 LPP at the time, well two weeks later first of February I got a Ruger Super Black hawk 7.5" 44 mag. I have been out of LRP for one week.
Here is the question! am I having to much fun?
I went and found 1000 MLPP as that was all he had, he had a few spp and a few sRP and this is a large store. The manager said he was getting more when they got there, he had another MLPP think I will drop by and get them in the morning.
Can I continue having fun is the Question???

cbrick
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Magnum primers can increase pressure a bit over standard primers but I would think that as long as your NOT at top end loads you should be ok. If your loads are top end I'd decrease the charge. If your using well documented accuracy loads it could also change the ballistics some, point of impact, sight settings at various ranges etc..

Rick

Freightman
03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I have tender hands about the size of a ham, never use anything hoter than mid-range.

mroliver77
03-06-2008, 12:07 AM
You would have more fun if you would shoot them a little more. ;)
It amazes me sometimes how fast I can burn up 1000 rounds. AND...there aint no such thang as too much fun!!!
J

DLCTEX
03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
My wife was going to Pampa shopping thisevening and I volunteered to go with her. I pulled into the reloading shop's parking lot and she said"I figured there was a reason you wanted to come shopping". Picked up 1000 LPP at $31, figured I'd better get them before they went higher. I did buy her dinner. DALE

Freightman
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I got these a RiverFields for $29 that is the reason I am going back to get the rest of his stock.