PDA

View Full Version : Star Upgrades Hit the Bullseye!

mtgrs737
03-05-2008, 01:11 AM
I have been reading posts here and have sent a few PM's to members about the Air Cylinder boolit lube pressure system and the Shovel Handle available from Magma Engineering for the Star lubersizer. Today the UPS truck stopped and delivered both items, so I hooked them up and gave them a test run. I was having trouble with the standard hand crank spring system that comes on the star as it was over pressuring the lube. This would force a small amount of lube into the die and the next boolit would pick up a tiny bit of lube that looked like three tiny dots on the shoulder of the boolit. After installing the air cylinder I set it at 40 psi which is the middle of the range, I get no tiny dots of boolit lube on the front shoulder of the boolits now. I also don't have to turn the handle anymore. Just to see if the top setting of 60 psi would produce the three dots of lube I adjusted the pressure up but still no dots. I am a happy luber, my boolits are cleaner and I will waste less lube, I give the air cylinder two thumbs up.

I also installed the shovel handle, and I can say that it increases the comfort level enough to be worth the high cost of $33. However I think that I will make one for the other Star I have. I would give the new handle two thumbs up also if it where not for the price, more like 1 3/4.

I'm a happy caster/luber now! :bigsmyl2: [smilie=s: :castmine:

MakeMineA10mm
03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey, if you're going through all the trouble of making ONE shovel-style handle for yourself, you "might as well" make 5-10 of them! You could sell the extras here at CB. I know I'd take one for $20-$25! :drinks:

mtgrs737
03-05-2008, 02:08 AM
I'll give it some thought.

Lloyd Smale
03-05-2008, 08:04 AM
that roller handle is a must have if you sizing a bunch of bullets!