PDA

View Full Version : How does this happen here?

FLHTC
03-04-2015, 10:19 AM
I purchased a reamer from Lkydvl almost 30 days ago.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?268299-Reamers-Gauges-for-Sale
The fiasco started with my money order, supposedly taking 18 days to arrive at his house. Now I get an invalid tracking number and the thread is mysteriously locked on the same day. My post office just told me that the number isn't even close to any tracking numbers, after they did what they referred to as a "Broad Search".
Is this what we do here? Take someone's money and not follow through or even care if the item arrives? I would think I deserve my money or the reamer.

lkydvl
03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
So you post this before I got a chance to provide you with the corrected number?

I am not responsible for slow mail. Your reamer was mailed on Monday after getting your payment on Saturday.

jcwit
03-04-2015, 01:29 PM
I see this going nowhere.

jcwit
03-04-2015, 01:29 PM
So you post this before I got a chance to provide you with the corrected number?

I am not responsible for slow mail. Your reamer was mailed on Monday after getting your payment on Saturday.

Looks like you did your part.

Friends call me Pac
03-04-2015, 01:37 PM
I sold a lyman sight to missionary5155 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?2687-missionary5155) last week. He paid me & I sent the sight to him the next morning. Nary a hitch. I'm thinking this was probably a glitch. So far I have had no issues buying or selling here. Honest all the way around.

trapper9260
03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I see that there are time the mail is slow and for what was to be end up not being because of the USPS.The mail is not like it use to be.

Mooseman
03-04-2015, 01:53 PM
I mailed some parts to a member in Colorado, it hit Denver and dissappeared. 3 weeks later it was scanned in puerto rico and then sent back to Denver and on to its destination. The Postal System is a mess !
The funny thing is The recipient works for the Post office ! Go Figure...
Patience sometimes does pay off.

BrassMagnet
03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I mailed some parts to a member in Colorado, it hit Denver and dissappeared. 3 weeks later it was scanned in puerto rico and then sent back to Denver and on to its destination. The Postal System is a mess !
The funny thing is The recipient works for the Post office ! Go Figure...
Patience sometimes does pay off.
I have had many items get misdirected in Denver. I have only had one item go AWOL and stay AWOL and that item was heavily insured and disappeared in New York.
misdirected items may be related to sloppy writing on the zip code and the machinery having a hard time reading it correctly.

akajun
03-04-2015, 03:33 PM
I Purchased two reamers from him, by personal check. Yes he was slow, and yes his communication left little to be desired, but he did email me my tracking number and I recieved my reamers a few days later. They were as described and in good shape, and a good deal.
I was PM'd by several members about him asking if I recieved my reamers though, which tells me that there could be some improvement on his part.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-04-2015, 03:34 PM
misdirected items may be related to sloppy writing on the zip code and the machinery having a hard time reading it correctly.

YES!!!! THIS!!! I have sold and shipped HUNDREDS of items on this board with not a single lost package. Not one. Zero. I can't even remember one that took longer to get to the destination than the 2-3 day standard. I print most all my postage online. If I have to hand print the label, I do it carefully and methodically.

I have received MANY letters with addresses I can't read and have to PM the sender for clarification. I know most of us are really busy, but sometimes it is best to slow down and do it right the first time.

Hopefully this mess works itself out. Both of you guys are great, upstanding, contributing members.

tryNto
03-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Wrong place for this...

Seems an apology is due here also then.

Taylor
03-04-2015, 03:51 PM
:coffee::coffee:,now this ain't "eggin" it on.Just reading the post,and having a cup of coffee.

John Allen
03-04-2015, 04:04 PM
ok, I personally have bought numerous things of lkydvl and have had no problems. I personally have only had one problem EVER on this forum and I buy like a crazy person!!!!

fishhawk
03-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Well before this goes any further and things get out of hand I am closing this thread enough has been said already. steve k.