PDA

View Full Version : Lead

jonp
03-01-2015, 10:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJj5iIwF8p4

bhn22
03-01-2015, 10:45 AM
OMG! That was shot at Doe Run. Please tell me that we're not going through this again!

btroj
03-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Doe Run? Aren't they closed?

runfiverun
03-01-2015, 12:52 PM
what,,, doe run closed?
jeez now we are gonna run out of lead and have to import it all.
the price is gonna go up a jillion percent..

Bzcraig
03-01-2015, 02:08 PM
What does lead have to do with how a doe runs, you guys are just weird.

When I heard 150 tons/day my knees got week!

EDK
03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Just up the road from me is "beautiful downtown Herculaneum MO" and the Doe Run lead smelter.

If they can't get gun control the way they want it, eliminate lead, powder and primers. It just takes awhile longer.

Remember when you could find 22 LR ammo at Wal Mart, etc.

Hardcast416taylor
03-01-2015, 02:28 PM
The video reminded that I have about 1K lb. of both sorted and unsorted wheel weights I need to get smelted into ingots, just got another free 3/4 full 5 gal. pail from my buddy at a car dealship to add to the pile I already have.Robert

RogerDat
03-01-2015, 02:37 PM

Remember when you could find 22 LR ammo at Wal Mart, etc.

Yes that would be about 6 weeks ago I picked up a box, left a couple or three behind too. Last weekend I saw an 8 ft. table covered with all sorts of brands and packages at the gun show, all in small batches of each brand and package size. All at really high prices. Me thinks I know where that Wal Mart 22 LR ammo you can't find is being sold.

Mal Paso
03-01-2015, 03:11 PM
homer

MBTcustom
03-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Just one of those pallets is all I need.
Just one................

longbow
03-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I work at Teck Metals in Trail B.C. in their lead refinery. The refinery capacity is 90,000 tons/year!

I was out in the plant last week walking between several pots containing 235 tons each.

I am surrounded by lead every day and I can't even buy it from them. I have to scrounge lead like everyone else or pay to get it shipped here.

Kinda depressing at times.

Longbow

prs
03-01-2015, 09:50 PM
I work at Teck Metals in Trail B.C. in their lead refinery. The refinery capacity is 90,000 tons/year!

I was out in the plant last week walking between several pots containing 235 tons each.

I am surrounded by lead every day and I can't even buy it from them. I have to scrounge lead like everyone else or pay to get it shipped here.

Kinda depressing at times.

Longbow

Like working for a brothel, but can't even buy a kiss.

prs

1911KY
03-01-2015, 10:28 PM
That would be hard to stomach!

A buddy of mine is a big wig at a large metals recycler and he can't sell me any lead because I don't have the government certification to buy it. Very annoying.

Buck Neck It
03-02-2015, 01:38 AM
Well, if you can't buy it, can you steal it?
"Hey buddy, is that an ingot in your pants, or are you just happy that it's quitting time?"

Toymaker
03-02-2015, 09:19 AM
"A buddy of mine is a big wig at a large metals recycler and he can't sell me any lead because I don't have the government certification to buy it. Very annoying. "

A government certification is required to buy lead? ???? ??

mold maker
03-02-2015, 10:12 AM
There are a million ways to gun control. This is just one of them.
How is it that with all that lead stacked on pallets, with workers in close contact, and they arent all dead from lead poisoning? The only safety equipment looked more like temp control, and maybe hard toed shoes.
The temps involved were very close to vapor temps of lead.

1911KY
03-02-2015, 12:36 PM
"A buddy of mine is a big wig at a large metals recycler and he can't sell me any lead because I don't have the government certification to buy it. Very annoying. "

A government certification is required to buy lead? ???? ??

That is what he is telling me! News to me as well.

bangerjim
03-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Dough Rum (?????) [smilie=p: closing will cause us no problems. And that video link proves where our lead comes from. Those ingots will make into industry in other forms besides batteries.....and we will see it in the scrap yards! Eventually. Mabe not in the form of COWW's.

I hope that vid does not trigger some perverted thoughts by some out there to try and refine old batteries in thier backyard! Not a good idea at all.

:guntootsmiley: