PDA

View Full Version : Went slightly bat guano at Louisville gun show

Thumbcocker
02-28-2015, 09:28 PM
When the dust settled I had a 9mm Ruger cylinder, 140,000 grains of powder, and had shaken hands with Hickok .45. Pretty good day and yes he is as large as he appears on the videos; and as classy.

geargnasher
02-28-2015, 09:30 PM
I always wondered how large that man is, his hands alone seem to dwarf everything he touches in his vids. Sounds like good times to me.

Gear

freebullet
02-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Sounds like your gun shows are better than any I've been to around here lately.

b money
03-01-2015, 04:20 AM
I'm assuming this is the Bloomington show? Where was both the great powder deals and Hickok 45? Must have walked by both. Haha I guess I probably wouldn't know him to see him but I would have never guessed he was from illinois.

texaswoodworker
03-01-2015, 05:24 AM
I always wondered how large that man is, his hands alone seem to dwarf everything he touches in his vids. Sounds like good times to me.

Gear

I think I read somewhere that he's like 6'6"-6'7" :eek:

Thumbcocker
03-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Louisville, Ky.

WILCO
03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
and had shaken hands with Hickok .45.

I always enjoy his videos!

Here's one on the Mosin Nagant PU Sniper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjbh34MrTI

gew98
03-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Walked around the NGD & SOS shows yesterday myself. Seemed like plenty of powders and primers to be had. Most collector type things I like and look for were really nose bleed priced. I had a flat mint matching unfired non import spanish M43 with me I was only asking $350 for ...loads of guys asked to see the "m48" and I had to correct them.Had a matched 'spare' 1915 spandau with me in case I saw something I had to have and work a trade. Seems gobs of sharks pestered me about putting a cash price on the gew98. Got me a little peeved at most of them being rather rude and not accepting my answer. I thought my wife was even gonna tell one sod to eff off...he was that rude. There were literally a couple hundred M1 rifles at the 2 shows. I told them all a decent M1 and I'd swap...go buy one and come get me. They could have had some nice M1's for under a grand and made me and themselves happy. one dealer there had a very decent 1917 JP Sauer gew98 with muzz cover... and called it "rare" with a nutso $1800 price tag. Some of those sharks I told go to so and so's table and get you a gew98 there..it's only $1800 buddy.
Did see a nice Patt14 I was really into , but $1200 seemed high for sure... and something about that stock too blonde - looked awesome but not a single proof or brit marking ....almost as though some artisan 'cleaned and refinished the stock'. I was hoping the guy would be there today and i'd get serious and take it apart , but alas my buddies said he packed up last night. Oh well other than that did'nt see an SMLE worth a second glance. Did spy a really nice looking No4 Mk I but it was a bolt mismatch and accordingly overpriced .