PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge...

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Well fellas in 7 and a half hours I will be a married man. After 32 years of fun, I guess all good things come to an end LOL!! I can't complain too much, she is a very cool woman.

sparky45
02-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Congratulations!! There will be many years of pleasure to come, provided she's a shooter.[smilie=p:

WILCO
02-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Congrats!!!!

kenyerian
02-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

clintsfolly
02-28-2015, 12:15 PM
I know the feeling I had it back in 1978 and still glad I got her to say Yes. Now on 3/14/15 our son will start his trip down the path. Good luck and remember it,s a 50/50 deal so both try for 70%and you will come close. A Very happy married man and I have her permission to say so! Clint

TXGunNut
02-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Congrats and good luck. Being a bachelor gets old after awhile, especially when you get older.

jmort
02-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Huge commitment. God Speed.

Taylor
02-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Good luck brother

fatnhappy
02-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Good for you Tony. I wish you the best.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-28-2015, 01:33 PM
I'll be prayin' for you,
I hope you get well soon

jcwit
02-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Best wishes to you and your bride. May the 2 of you have as happy marriage as my wife and I have had.

God Bless.

fng
02-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Congratulations and best wishes for long & happy future !
My bride agreed to take care of the small decisions, and of course refer to me on major issues.
So far (30 years) she said they have all been minor.

Wayne Smith
02-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Congratulations. Let me recommend His Needs, Her Needs by Walter Harley and Boundaries for Marriage by John Townsend and Henry Cloud for your joint reading in the first year together. We will be celebrating our 40th in June! Our eldest is getting married July 25, to a wonderful humble girl.

mold maker
02-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Next month it will be 51 for us. Just remember, if she aint happy you won't be either. I promised her Mom to make her fat and happy. So far I'm batting about 950.

Artful
02-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Congrats - may your marriage be the most wonderful thing that ever happens to you.

twc1964
02-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Congrats bud, i hope you found one as great as the gal i found. Shes a rare bird that puts up with all of my b.s. good luck and a long union to yall.

Alvarez Kelly
02-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Congrats Tony. Lots of good advice above. Not much I can add. :-)

bear67
02-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Congratulations Tony. My you and your new partner be as blessed as Mama Bear and I. Forty six years and I still think I found a gold mine. May God bless this union.

freebullet
02-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Best wishes! May God bless your union as you cross the threshold.

jcwit
02-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Here's another tip my wife & I agreed to.

Never go to bed mad at each other.

There were some nights we stayed up into the wee hours of the morning tho.

kfarm
02-28-2015, 08:39 PM
43 for my wife I'm just going along for the ride. I'll get off when the fun is over.

bullet maker 57
02-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Congrats. Yes dear works wonders. Just sayin.

Sweetpea
02-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Marriage is not 50/50...

It needs to be 100/100.

scarry scarney
02-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Going on 35 yrs of marriage. I normally have the last two words of every discussion: "yes dear" or "I'm sorry"

i shouldn't say that, I will say I would do it again. Congrats!

MaryB
02-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Congrats!

GRUMPA
02-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Wish you all the best, nothing happier in life than sharing it with the other half...

MrWolf
03-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Best of luck and Congrats!

maxreloader
03-01-2015, 12:59 AM
CONGRATS! All they want you to do is listen... two ears and one mouth for a reason! If she likes shootin' thats a bonus. Best of everything for you! Max

PS Paul
03-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Congratulations, man! I'm 47 and goin on 24 years married to a wonderful lady. May you both find happiness together and have a wonderful life!

Dennis Eugene
03-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Congrats, Wife and I went to a garage sale two weeks ago, met Ken as we were walking out and he asked me "find any treasures?" and I replied yep and I married her 35 years ago. Some day you
will say the same. Dennis Eugene

b money
03-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Congrats Tony! Wishing both of you the best.

shoot-n-lead
03-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Congrats!

Remember, marriage is what YOU make of it.

blackthorn
03-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Best wishes to both you and the missus! Gail and I hope you both will be as happy as we are! We are both on the second time around and we have been together almost 23 years. Best 23 years ever!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Thanks to you all and thank you for all the great advice!

BrassMagnet
03-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Someday you will get in trouble with your new wife. This link is the Five Man Electrical Band playing their hit Absolutely Right. Learn the words and sing it to her then. She will laugh so hard you will likely get a free pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxa_I_GGe8k

waynem34
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM
10 Rules for the Perfect Bachelor Party (http://www.brobible.com/life/article/10-rules-for-perfect-bachelor-party/) By Eric Armas (http://www.brobible.com/author/woveneric/) / 03.22.12
Tweet
| Like 26

Am I excited? Eh. I feel anxious. I feel like I’m waiting in line for a roller coaster; I know I’ll puke, have fun, and at some point ask myself, “Aren’t I too old for this?” What I dread most of all is Monday morning. I’ll wake up that day thinking that there are real problems in the world and yet I just spent the better part of my weekend handing a midget stripper dollar bills with my toes because my hands were too busy double-fisting Hurricanes. The thing is, every bachelor party feels like it has to be more epic than the last. Frankly, it’s exhausting. So, if we’re going to keep doing these weekends, they need to be worth it. They need to be perfect. If perfection is a trip to Epcot Center (ride the “Small World” ride over and over and over, taking small doses of hallucinogens each time — around the 30th or 35th go-around, you’ll start ejaculating uncontrollably. Trust me.), then how do we get close? Let’s set some ground rules. Ten should do it:
1. Be Awesome
Just be awesome. And make sure you bring a guy who is good at rating how awesome a time the group is having. He needs to say things like, “This horseradish mayo on my steak is AWESOME,” or, “This OD’d stripper in our bathroom is NOT awesome,” or, “Remember when I tried to kiss you last night? That was not awesome, unless you were cool with it, Bro… then, totally AWESOME.” Make sure this guy has no control over the volume of his voice — if he isn’t loud enough, how will the other losers on family vacations know how awesome a time you’re having? How will you know how awesome a time you’re having? Get it? Awesome.
2. Bring a Movie Quote Guy
If you don’t have a guy on the trip with an encyclopedia-like knowledge of “The Hangover” then you aren’t having an awesome bachelor party (and now you’ve broken rule #1). This guy should speak in so many quotes that you’re not even sure if he even has his own personality. For example, if you do something decidedly awesome, don’t be surprised if you hear a rambunctious, “You’re my boy, Blue!” And if any mention of roads comes up (it always does), he should immediately let you know that you won’t need roads where you’re going, after confirming with you that you did indeed say “roads.” These intermittent blasts of banality are necessary to save you from any silence, which may lead to existential thoughts about the pointlessness of marriage and friendship.
3. Keep the Group Mobile
The makeup and size of the group is very important. It needs to be large enough to contain a varied list of characters (you know the funny fat guy, the guy who eats beer cans like a goat, etc.) but it also needs to be small enough that group decisions can actually be made quickly, in case you need to run from a drug dealer. It also should have a good mix of single and relationship guys. Too many relationship guys and you’re in for a bachelor party brought to you by the never-ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. Too many single guys and you’re at a bachelor party brought to you by rape.
4. No One Should Fall in Love
Every group has that one “buddy” that thinks he’s in love with any chick that looks at him half-cockeyed. This guy will ruin your weekend. While the rest of your buddies are talking about how awesome everything is, this guy is trying to have meaningful conversations and saying things like, “I apologize for my friends, they’re like animals,” as he orders a couple more flutes of Champagne. Friendship means nothing to him and his soul is a barren wasteland. He tries to prove a kind of pickup-artist prowess because his d*ck looks like a piece of penne. Bring the movie quote guy instead.
5. Strippers After 2 a.m.
Strippers shouldn’t exist before 2 a.m. and if you’re looking at one at 9 p.m., then you’re wasting time that could be spent with girls that could actually end up in your bed without telling you a “sensual tickle will be an extra 10 bucks.” Not to mention, is there anything more awkward than being completely sober with strippers? You end up hearing about her “real job” and spending the whole time talking to the retired (aka fired) cop she brought as protection.
6. No Shirtless Activities
A favor to the group’s “funny fat guy” who wore his “Save me, I’m Anorexic” T-shirt. I love that guy. But I think he might be sad.
7. Mast*rbate Profusely
Let's face it. People never hook up on these trips. Before you go, make sure you’ve drained the gun dry or you’ll waste Saturday night talking to the husky girl with a cleft palate.
8. Choose a City with a Built-In Activity
Vegas has gambling, Vail has skiing, Puerto Rico has swimming (oh, and drugs), and, in our case, New Orleans has b**bies being flopped around left and right (I'm bringing binoculars). If you’re in Boston, where the only activity is fighting an Irish kid over which college is better to drop out of, then you’re in for a long weekend.
9. Drink Energy Drinks (I Mean Take Cocaine)
If the group sleeps more than 10 hours for a three-day trip then you guys aren’t having fun. The Monday after you should feel 10 years older and have the anxiety of someone on death row. If you don’t respond to your friend’s email about getting a beer that following Tuesday night with, “I think I should settle down and start a family,” then you’ve done it all wrong.
10. Be Rich
You think good times grow on trees? Besides, you know the d*ck who planned this went overboard and you’re stuck in a situation where you can’t say no — you might as well roll with it, because the guy next to you is letting you know it’s an AWESOME time, and you wouldn’t want to miss out on that, right?
Oh man. I’ve got to get on this flight to New Orleans now. Here we go. Pray for me. And look for a few choice photos on Twitter @jtrain56. And when it’s all said and done, “we’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Did I do that right? I hope I did that right.
Jared Freid is a New York City-based comedian. You can follow him on Twitter @jtrain56 (http://twitter.com/jtrain56) for videos, column updates, pics of dudes striking out in New Orleans, and plenty of pen*s jokes.

http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/65f5ce11adef55165a3995e64ec56ca1?s=102&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brobible.com%2Fwp-content%2Fthemes%2Funity%2Fimages%2Fbro-default-avatar.png%3Fs%3D68&r=PG (http://www.brobible.com/author/woveneric/) Opps meant for the pit. Tryied to delete post.Sorry

richhodg66
03-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Being married is good. Almost 27 years now for me to the same one. I will say there has to be give and take on both ends. I've known guys who take that "Happy wife, Happy life" BS to extremes ("I wish my wife would let me have a gun/motorcycle/whatever, like yours does") and have a spoiled brat who treats him like a slave 24/7 as a result.

I make a lot of allowances to keep her happy and she generally does the same for me. It's a mutual respect thing. Our lives were very kid centric for a long time, we're empty nesters now for about two years and getting along the best of our relationship now. I genuinely feel it get's better with age.

Congrats and good luck.

bubba.50
03-01-2015, 08:15 PM
after another 32yrs it will only seem like a lifetime.[smilie=p:

Ed Barrett
03-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Hope you get a good one like I did.

lead-1
03-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Congrats and God bless your union. Also remember as a guy told me, marriage is a wonderful institution as long as you don't mind being institutionalized.

runfiverun
03-01-2015, 11:19 PM
pshaw..
do what you want, you married her for her and she married you, be yourself.
and remember someone has to be in charge....

1989toddm
03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Congrats!! God bless you guys as you start the journey! It's hard, fun, but rewarding when you each give 100%. The way God meant it to be.

country gent
03-02-2015, 07:40 PM
One thing to learn is you can disagree and even argue with out it being fighting. Be youreslfes and grow together as this takes effect over many years it strengths the relationship and bonds until one dosnt actually exist seperatly. My Wife and I had 18 years together when she was taken from us. Many Many years of happiness to you both.

xman777
03-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Best wishes my friend.

smoked turkey
03-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Tony we wish you all the best in your new marriage. What we have found that works pretty well for us is that right a way we agreed that she would make all the small decisions and I would make all the big ones. It has been almost 49 years for us and so far so good. We haven't had any big decisions!

fixit
03-04-2015, 12:34 AM
been married 30 years. two bits of advice...1. sit her down and explain that you really, truly don't have any insight concerning her thoughts. apparently women can sense each others thought processes, and they don't understand that we [men] can't. 2.don't try to fix everything. the things that can be fixed..sure, go ahead, but when she unloads her frustrations on you, just listen! that's all she wants! being a man, I didn't understand those things at first, and when I did understand them, things got a lot better! with that hope your marriage is as good or better than mine. it's been a good 30 years!

Magana559
03-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Congratulations!