PDA

View Full Version : pewter sticky

buggybuilder
02-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Where do I find the sticky on pewter hunting? I thought I once found it but can't now, guess I just overlooked it.
Suggestions?

bhn22
02-27-2015, 12:57 PM
In the toolbar above you will find a box for "Google Custom Search". Type "pewter" in that and hit return. I'm guessing you're looking for imashooter2s epic pewter hunting thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?127929-Pewter-pictures-and-hallmarks

runfiverun
02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
the lead and lead alloy's section.

bangerjim
02-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Yes do a search for pewter. People just do not seem to use the very useful search engine in the WHITE box above to find all kinds of stuff. I use it all the time to answer my questions.

Finding REAL pewter takes experience on color and feel. Most have hallmarks that will help ID it.

Good luck finding it, I have searched the PHX metro area junk stores for years and found only very valuable antique pieces I keep.

You are better off buying it from the S&S section on here. Save gas, Save time. Pewter is just mouse click away on CastBoolits!

banger

captaint
02-28-2015, 10:35 AM
It's not a sticky. It should have been made one way, way back. Almost 800 replies and terrific pic's by imashooter. It's called pewter hallmarks and pictures. Great thread. It's on page 2.

imashooter2
02-28-2015, 12:59 PM
LOL! I hate stickies...

mold maker
02-28-2015, 02:27 PM
My Granny made me stickies, with the leftover biscuit dough. That was before I started shooting except with my cap pistols. They never missed, but the stickies made me fat.