PDA

View Full Version : Just finished a good book

Wolfer
02-25-2015, 11:07 PM
I just finished reading The last Comanche war chief. The life and times of Quanah Parker by Bill Neeley.

A good bit of it I knew from reading different books on the Texas Rangers and Billy Dixons book.

I found it quite interesting.

jmort
02-25-2015, 11:11 PM
I read that book last year and found it to be fascinating. Highly recommended.

chsparkman
02-26-2015, 06:23 AM
I will have to read that one. Last year I read Empire of the Summer Moon, by S. G. Gwynne. Absolutely fascinating.

http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Summer-Moon-Comanches-Powerful/dp/1416591060

richhodg66
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
I read Billy Dixon's autobiography a few years ago and found it to be a very good read. I really enjoyed it. Not sure how much of it was really his writing and how much was his wife's since she apparently did a good bit of the work on it, but definitely well worth the time to read.

largom
02-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Am reading CHEYENNE AUTUMN by Mari Sandoz now. It amazes me how wrong our taught history has been and still no effort to correct it.

Larry

DLCTEX
03-18-2015, 09:57 PM
I was intrigued by the book and found it at the library. A really good read. I particularly enjoed it as it is set in our area and I have been to all the places mentioned.
A side note: living in a small town has many advantages. The lady running the library was unable to loacate the book and was going to get it through the library system. After I left, her husband had overheard and told her they had that book as he had recently read it. She searched again and found it. The husband tracked me down in town and brought it to me. The joys of small town life.