PDA

View Full Version : Call a doctor, I may be sick.

shaper
02-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Had to take my son n law to Atlanta today. On the way back home I decided to make a stop at Cabela's. So I called the wife and told her I would be a little later getting home. She said to be sure I got a new pair of hunting boots and work boots, and gave me a kitchen pass on anything I wanted, within reason.
Imagine my disappointment to find out they didn't carry my size in boots, 7 1/2. So I thought of some items I needed in the reloading area. No 22 cal. and they didn't have new brass or ammo in 9mm Largo or 38 s&w. Looked at powder, just 8 of the 1 pound containers with numbers I didn't recognize. Walked the rows until I decided it was time for lunch. Walked out with a pair of wool socks.
I must be sick, I couldn't find anything to buy at Cabela's.

Harter66
02-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Boy you ain't alone .
We have Sheels,Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas in Reno , I've been in Cabelas 2-3 x last year and wound up buying everything that I might have had to have for 10-25% less at 1or the other of the other 2 places .
As far a reloading stuff goes ,powder is thin at best , primers are catch as catch can , brass is too common or "did you really order that or just get what you got".

Frankly Cabelas wants so much for their boots I just go to Red Wing.

geargnasher
02-23-2015, 10:16 PM
Last time I was at Cabelas the only thing I bought was lunch. My wife got some house slippers. Last TWO times I've been in Bass Pro all I spent was a little time shaking my head.

Gear

xs11jack
02-23-2015, 10:16 PM
I have a Pro Bass about 7 miles down the freeway, and a block past that a Graf's and sons. About 4 miles away from them is a Cabelas. I haven't been in any of them in a year or more. Mostly its a matter of money.
Ole Jack

jcwit
02-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Well remember its all supply & demand. No gouging here.

labradigger1
02-23-2015, 10:39 PM
2 out of the last three times I went to cabelas I have not bought a thing. I don't like the inflated prices, the crowds and the way I purchase items and when I go back for more of the same they discontinued the items (10 gauge stuff).
Btw, if you are still looking for 38 s&w brass I have some in s&s.
Lab

starmac
02-24-2015, 12:23 AM
Well remember its all supply & demand. No gouging here.

???????? Did I miss something.

Wayne Smith
02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
???????? Did I miss something.

Yeah, Starmac, the purple.

dakotashooter2
02-24-2015, 12:28 PM
I have not even found anything in the Cabela's Bargain Cave lately. I'm still sitting on a $100 gift card I got in August........

MrWolf
02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
The Bass Pro in Atlantic City is supposed to open in April. May finally be able to avoid hazmat fees. Hopefully they will have a good supply to start.

KnotRight
02-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Bass Pro here in Savannah has had some powder for rifle and Bullseye but the prices is going up from the last time I purchased any there. I think the Bullseye was around $28-29 p/pound. If I remember correctly, I paid about $26 a couple months ago.

Beside BPS, there is no where here to buy powder or reloading supplies until a gun show comes rolling through town.

bikerbeans
02-24-2015, 08:58 PM
I was in a bass pro first of the month and they had Reloder 7. It was $35/lb, so I left it on the shelf.

BB

Rwoods61
02-24-2015, 09:09 PM
And I thought it was just me. I have been to Gander Mt. 2 times since Christmas. They had nothing that I needed or wanted. The 16 year old salesperson in the gun section did not know they carried smokeless powder. Not that the 5 one lb, unknown numbers, bottles took up much shelf space. I might have to pay to get into a gun show but I can get what I need.

rlwoods

crowbuster
02-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Funny, I was gonna say last time I was there I couldn't afford the clearance stuff

Plate plinker
02-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Those box stores are a lot of flash and no dance. If you can get a bulk deal I'm not likely to shop there, unless it's a emergency.