PDA

View Full Version : New Product works great

lead4me
02-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Ladies & Gents

Let me start by saying this...I have no dog in this fight, I have no affiliation with this product or any person that does. But I was given some to use at work on a problem machine we have and it solved an issue we were having. I decided to try some on a couple of firearms and the results were amazing. On a resent trip coyote hunt we had temps in the -20 degree range. I applied this product somewhat on the heavy side to test it out, it stayed as "loose" and slick as it did in my home when I first put in on. I did a little research online and found this.
HUNTING USE PERFORMANCE

Load Carrying Ability: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
Load carrying ability is how much a lubricant stands up under heat, pressure, and stress. The firing mechanism of a gun is subject to all these forces. The last thing a hunter wants to have happen is for this mechanism to become less effective or fail altogether. Liquifix’s exceptional performance on the test for load carrying ability should give any hunter confidence that the key firing mechanism will not degrade even with regular use.
How did Liquifix shape up?
Liquifix continued to work even under 1500 lbs. of pressure. Our closest competitor was approximately 200 lbs. behind, with WD-40 coming in at a distant third at around 700 lbs. That’s less than half of what Liquifix can handle! Last place came in at a measly 150 lbs.
Resistance to Wear: 2nd Place
Why does it matter?
Almost all hunting guns involve a metal surface moving along another metal surface – for example, a bolt assembly. If the assembly is not lubricated, scratching, pitting, and friction will occur, causing damage and making it harder to operate. It might also make the bolt assembly operation noisy, scaring away game. Putting a lubricant between the metal parts minimizes the resistance and friction, ensuring your gun stays in good condition and operates as quietly and smoothly as possible.
This is the only category in which Liquifix came in second place, although the difference between the top four was not statistically significant. Either way, we’d like a clean sweep, so we’re working on it. WD-40 and the other two trailing did so poorly because they are more of a penetrator than a lubricant, although they aren’t advertised as such.
Range of Sustainable Temperature: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
If your lubricant or degreaser can’t handle freezing weather, it will thicken and jam up your gun. It’s also important that your lubricant can handle freezing temperatures if you need to winterize your firearms for garage storage. If it can’t handle high temperatures, your gun may sustain damage if it overheats.
Liquifix works between 275 F and -35 F. Nothing operates at such a high or low temperature. Our closer competitor fell short by almost 100 degrees.
Lasting Power: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
As a lubricant evaporates, it delivers increasingly less protection and eventually fails altogether. The longer lasting your lubricant is, the better protected your firearm will be. The lubricant’s lasting power also determines how often you need to apply it, either saving or costing you time and money.
Over a two-week period at atmospheric conditions, Liquifix did not evaporate at all. Every other competitor evaporated, with the runner-up losing almost 10% effectiveness and last place losing nearly 50% over the same period. Nothing delivers the same degree of protection, and it will save time and money to boot.
Corrosion Protection: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
When you’re in the great outdoors, your firearm will be subject to the elements. Without protection, your gun may stain and deteriorate due to corrosion.
Liquifix outperformed every competitor on every single material: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, vinyl, and rubber. In every instance, the least corrosion and discoloration occurred when Liquifix was applied.
Toxicity: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
Most lubricants contain hydrocarbons known as VOCs, or volatile organic compounds. These compounds evaporate easily and can be damaging to human health and the environment. Additionally, as a lubricant evaporates, it stops serving its function. Skin, nose, and eye irritation can also be a problem, especially with degreasers, necessitating the use of rubber gloves.
Liquifix has been certified as completely non-toxic. It contains no VOCs, while the closest competitor is made up of 24%. WD-40 comes in second-to-last, with 77% VOC content. This means Liquifix is the safest to use and won’t stop working due to evaporation. Also, unlike many other degreasers, Liquifix does not require the use of rubber gloves or respirators.
Odor: Tied for 1st Place
Why does it matter?
It’s important for your lubricant and degreaser to be odorless so as not to alert game downwind.
Only Liquifix and Tracklube are odorless. It would be a health risk for other lubricants to be odorless because users would not be aware they were inhaling noxious fumes. Liquifix can be odorless because it’s completely non-toxic.
Non-staining
Why does it matter?
Many lubricants and degreasers are not safe to use on a wooden stock – this was an issue hunters have constantly told us about.
Liquifix will not stain any wooden parts, so you don’t have to choose between maintaining your firearm and preserving it’s appearance.
Biodegradable
Why does it matter?
If you need to degrease your gun while already on the hunt, it’s a good idea to use a biodegradable product so as not to unnecessarily pollute your hunting ground.
More than 70% of the ingredients of our degreaser are biodegradable, which surpasses the US government’s requirement to be listed as a biodegradable product.
TESTIMONIALS

We’ve also reposted the testimonials which you can find in our Uses section. We’d love to hear from you too – please write, tweet, etc.
This is the best lubricant and degreaser I have ever gotten my hands on. I’ve used it to clean gunpowder residue off gas cylinders on automatic shotguns, as well as lubing all the moving parts on the bolt assembly. It has passed with flying colors.
I also used it on another gun and went duck hunting in subfreezing temperatures and it worked perfectly, without gumming up or getting thick from the cold weather. In the past, I have used carburetor cleaner to clean the actions and gas components on semi-automatic shotguns with great results, but LiQuifix does an even better job, without the foul odor and the risk of damaging the finish on a walnut gunstock. I’m also saving a lot of money – it’s much less expensive than Break-Free, which is what I used to use.
Note from the Liquifix team: We’ve also gotten feedback from hunters saying they love Liquifix because there’s no smell to alert the game.
KYLE

I used 3-IN-ONE oil and other lubricant products for specific things. I started using LiQuifix and it took the place of all of those other products. I use it for the obvious, for lubricating and things like that and it works fantastic. I use it on my firearms. I wipe down the outside of my firearms all the time when I clean. I used to use a product called Break-Free which was very expensive. Now I save money because I can wipe down all of my firearms with LiQuifix.COREY

USES COVERED

Remove powder residue from barrels, actions and gas cylinders.
Free stuck or stubborn parts and displace moisture from guns after cleaning.
Protect gun barrels from corrosion and keep parts from rusting during storage.
Use for routine maintenance, including lubrication of bolts, pins and springs.
Will not damage wood finishes.
Will not gum up or thicken in temperatures as low as -35°F.
It won’t alert game downwind because it’s odorless.

Give it a look, I really like it and maybe someone else my find it a product that my fill their needs.

Lead4me

btroj
02-21-2015, 09:01 AM
All that garbage in the post and I had to search thru it to even find a product name. I doubt most will even bother to look for it.

dudel
02-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Ladies & Gents

I have no dog in this fight,

Lead4me

There's a dog in there?

Ben
02-21-2015, 09:10 AM
UUUUmmmmm ?

pworley1
02-21-2015, 09:13 AM
LiQuifix. This looks like it might be worth a try.

btroj
02-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Ben, if you look in the bottom few sections and search really hard you can find the product name. Better have a second pot of coffee first.

hockeynick39
02-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Never had a problem with TW25B even in temps around -40F.

gmsharps
02-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Second that on the TW25B it works great.

gmsharps

dondiego
02-21-2015, 10:33 AM
What is it used for?

C. Latch
02-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I read something about hunting in -20' weather and figured the rest of the post was written by a madman.

Bjornb
02-21-2015, 04:44 PM
It's this stuff: http://liquifix.com/lubricant/

303Guy
02-21-2015, 05:30 PM
The product name, Liquifix came up right near the top. My only question is, where do I get some?

geargnasher
02-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Amazon, Home depot, camping world.....

Just another snake oil and some fool trying to make a buck on MLM. The test data was written by someone with the vocabulary and articulation of the "Dell dood", and most of the products it was compared to are super-penetrants, not lubricants. And I couldn't so much as find an MSDS on the site. I'm about as impressed with this as I was with PB Blocker.

Gear

jonp
02-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Did I wade through that post and read that they compared a gun lube to wd40? That makes me suspicious right off the bat. I've hunted in colder than -20 and a good cleaning with shoppers followed by a very light coat of rem oil did fine. Better yet, clean with hoppes and leave the gun outside in the cold

jmort
02-21-2015, 07:21 PM
The tests were against some weak products, about 4 or 5 weak products.

geargnasher
02-21-2015, 07:34 PM
There is a product I'm starting to use more and more that seems simply excellent: Hornady One Shot gun cleaner/lube. There are several kinds but this one is da bomb. I particularly like it for lubricating door hinges, automotive and home lock cylinders, pad locks, laptop hinges, stuff like that. It dries and doesn't leave any sort of film to attract dirt, and won't mess your clothes or pants pocket from residue on keys. For levergun and semi-auto actions, it's really tough to beat for a surface coating. Of course I still use synthetic engine oil and grease where appropriate/necessary on guns.

Gear

bhn22
02-21-2015, 07:36 PM

ohland
02-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Wait up! SPAM has it's uses, one being the post-nuclear war cockroaches can eat it...

45-70 Chevroner
02-22-2015, 01:03 AM
The majority of the thread came from the company that makes it, "diffinetly an advertisment". For one thing, unless you are starving, hunting in any temperature that is lower than 20 degrees is not on my favorite thing to do. Mind you though I live in Arizona and I'm a little spoiled. As for the OP he could have been a little more to the point with out all the garbage and would have gotten a lot better responds.!

TXGunNut
02-22-2015, 02:51 AM
Shameless plug. OTOH I agree with Gear about Hornady's One Shot. They have a case lube I like as well but most folks don't use it correctly and slam it. Oh well.
I fell for the Safari Charlie pitch recently, is it any good?

jonp
02-22-2015, 07:46 AM

I've got 2 cases of it in the cupboard for emergency backup food. It will outlast us, can be eaten hot or cold, used as bait and can be rubbed on your gun for lube before being eaten.

jonp
02-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Shameless plug. OTOH I agree with Gear about Hornady's One Shot. They have a case lube I like as well but most folks don't use it correctly and slam it. Oh well.
I fell for the Safari Charlie pitch recently, is it any good?

I use the one-shot to lube 45Colt brass before sizing in my steel die. Works great for that use.

Wayne Smith
02-22-2015, 08:54 AM
I use the one-shot to lube 45Colt brass before sizing in my steel die. Works great for that use.

I've got a can of bag balm that does that and softens my hands to boot!

Digital Dan
02-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Ladies & Gents

Let me start by saying this...I have no dog in this fight, I have no affiliation with this product or any person that does. But I was given some to use at work on a problem machine we have and it solved an issue we were having. I decided to try some on a couple of firearms and the results were amazing. On a resent trip coyote hunt we had temps in the -20 degree range. I applied this product somewhat on the heavy side to test it out, it stayed as "loose" and slick as it did in my home when I first put in on. I did a little research online and found this.
HUNTING USE PERFORMANCE

Load Carrying Ability: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
Load carrying ability is how much a lubricant stands up under heat, pressure, and stress. The firing mechanism of a gun is subject to all these forces. The last thing a hunter wants to have happen is for this mechanism to become less effective or fail altogether. Liquifix’s exceptional performance on the test for load carrying ability should give any hunter confidence that the key firing mechanism will not degrade even with regular use.
Liquifix continued to work even under 1500 lbs. of pressure. Our closest competitor was approximately 200 lbs. behind, with WD-40 coming in at a distant third at around 700 lbs. That’s less than half of what Liquifix can handle! Last place came in at a measly 150 lbs.
Resistance to Wear: 2nd Place
Why does it matter?
Almost all hunting guns involve a metal surface moving along another metal surface – for example, a bolt assembly. If the assembly is not lubricated, scratching, pitting, and friction will occur, causing damage and making it harder to operate. It might also make the bolt assembly operation noisy, scaring away game. Putting a lubricant between the metal parts minimizes the resistance and friction, ensuring your gun stays in good condition and operates as quietly and smoothly as possible.
This is the only category in which Liquifix came in second place, although the difference between the top four was not statistically significant. Either way, we’d like a clean sweep, so we’re working on it. WD-40 and the other two trailing did so poorly because they are more of a penetrator than a lubricant, although they aren’t advertised as such.
Range of Sustainable Temperature: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
If your lubricant or degreaser can’t handle freezing weather, it will thicken and jam up your gun. It’s also important that your lubricant can handle freezing temperatures if you need to winterize your firearms for garage storage. If it can’t handle high temperatures, your gun may sustain damage if it overheats.
Liquifix works between 275 F and -35 F. Nothing operates at such a high or low temperature. Our closer competitor fell short by almost 100 degrees.
Lasting Power: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
As a lubricant evaporates, it delivers increasingly less protection and eventually fails altogether. The longer lasting your lubricant is, the better protected your firearm will be. The lubricant’s lasting power also determines how often you need to apply it, either saving or costing you time and money.
Over a two-week period at atmospheric conditions, Liquifix did not evaporate at all. Every other competitor evaporated, with the runner-up losing almost 10% effectiveness and last place losing nearly 50% over the same period. Nothing delivers the same degree of protection, and it will save time and money to boot.
Corrosion Protection: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
When you’re in the great outdoors, your firearm will be subject to the elements. Without protection, your gun may stain and deteriorate due to corrosion.
Liquifix outperformed every competitor on every single material: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, vinyl, and rubber. In every instance, the least corrosion and discoloration occurred when Liquifix was applied.
Toxicity: 1st Place
Why does it matter?
Most lubricants contain hydrocarbons known as VOCs, or volatile organic compounds. These compounds evaporate easily and can be damaging to human health and the environment. Additionally, as a lubricant evaporates, it stops serving its function. Skin, nose, and eye irritation can also be a problem, especially with degreasers, necessitating the use of rubber gloves.
Liquifix has been certified as completely non-toxic. It contains no VOCs, while the closest competitor is made up of 24%. WD-40 comes in second-to-last, with 77% VOC content. This means Liquifix is the safest to use and won’t stop working due to evaporation. Also, unlike many other degreasers, Liquifix does not require the use of rubber gloves or respirators.
Odor: Tied for 1st Place
Why does it matter?
It’s important for your lubricant and degreaser to be odorless so as not to alert game downwind.
Only Liquifix and Tracklube are odorless. It would be a health risk for other lubricants to be odorless because users would not be aware they were inhaling noxious fumes. Liquifix can be odorless because it’s completely non-toxic.
Non-staining
Why does it matter?
Many lubricants and degreasers are not safe to use on a wooden stock – this was an issue hunters have constantly told us about.
Liquifix will not stain any wooden parts, so you don’t have to choose between maintaining your firearm and preserving it’s appearance.
Biodegradable
Why does it matter?
If you need to degrease your gun while already on the hunt, it’s a good idea to use a biodegradable product so as not to unnecessarily pollute your hunting ground.
More than 70% of the ingredients of our degreaser are biodegradable, which surpasses the US government’s requirement to be listed as a biodegradable product.
TESTIMONIALS

We’ve also reposted the testimonials which you can find in our Uses section. We’d love to hear from you too – please write, tweet, etc.
This is the best lubricant and degreaser I have ever gotten my hands on. I’ve used it to clean gunpowder residue off gas cylinders on automatic shotguns, as well as lubing all the moving parts on the bolt assembly. It has passed with flying colors.
I also used it on another gun and went duck hunting in subfreezing temperatures and it worked perfectly, without gumming up or getting thick from the cold weather. In the past, I have used carburetor cleaner to clean the actions and gas components on semi-automatic shotguns with great results, but LiQuifix does an even better job, without the foul odor and the risk of damaging the finish on a walnut gunstock. I’m also saving a lot of money – it’s much less expensive than Break-Free, which is what I used to use.
Note from the Liquifix team: We’ve also gotten feedback from hunters saying they love Liquifix because there’s no smell to alert the game.
KYLE

I used 3-IN-ONE oil and other lubricant products for specific things. I started using LiQuifix and it took the place of all of those other products. I use it for the obvious, for lubricating and things like that and it works fantastic. I use it on my firearms. I wipe down the outside of my firearms all the time when I clean. I used to use a product called Break-Free which was very expensive. Now I save money because I can wipe down all of my firearms with LiQuifix.COREY

USES COVERED

Remove powder residue from barrels, actions and gas cylinders.
Free stuck or stubborn parts and displace moisture from guns after cleaning.
Protect gun barrels from corrosion and keep parts from rusting during storage.
Use for routine maintenance, including lubrication of bolts, pins and springs.
Will not damage wood finishes.
Will not gum up or thicken in temperatures as low as -35°F.
It won’t alert game downwind because it’s odorless.

Give it a look, I really like it and maybe someone else my find it a product that my fill their needs.

Lead4me

Ahem!

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

jonp
02-23-2015, 05:44 PM
I've got a can of bag balm that does that and softens my hands to boot!

lol, I've got a big can too. I'm from the town it's made in

bhn22
02-23-2015, 06:15 PM
So what is this all about, besides unpaid advertising?

Love Life
02-23-2015, 06:30 PM
I have found the rendered fat of Unicorns to be the best lube in the history of ever.

geargnasher
02-23-2015, 06:34 PM
But don't get it in the bore or your bullets will all go high and left.

Gear

Love Life
02-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Hehehe. Lucas Red and Tacky on the bolt guns.

The semis get CLP.

Easy peasy.

fastdadio
02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
For a good extreme low temp gun oil, use refrigeration compressor oil. Most are fluid to at least -50deg. mineral based. Contact your local commercial refrigeration guy and bum a couple oz's off his truck. This oil will keep a compressor crank and rods safely lubed at high rpm for thousands of hours of continous running. It will certainly be OK for your firearms.

geargnasher
02-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Hehehe. Lucas Red and Tacky on the bolt guns.

The semis get CLP.

Easy peasy.

I was responding to the the pixie dust post (that has since been deleted) possibly making the bullets a little, um, "exuberant"... no slight to your unicorn grease intended. Knew I should have 'quoted' that post instead of just typing a response.

Gear

Love Life
02-24-2015, 08:01 AM
I too was responding to the "Pixie Dust" post. Where did it go?

I use Spin D to counteract the negatives of the Unicorn fat.

cstrickland
02-24-2015, 08:57 AM
I have found the rendered fat of Unicorns to be the best lube in the history of ever.

preposterous as everyone in the culinary world knows unicorns do not have any fat !!! now if you want to talking about the secretion form the mucus membrane of the north American yeti then we are on to something !!

Moonie
02-25-2015, 03:42 PM
reading the OP I was also reminded of PB blocker, they compare it to WD-40? The main ingredient in WD-40 is fish oil...

runfiverun
02-26-2015, 04:09 PM
was fish oil back when wd-40 was worth using.
I think it's wd-42 or 43 now and well it's umm,,,, it's not what it used to be.