PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control from Kalif.

jcwit
02-18-2015, 02:11 AM
Here's the latest

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/18/gun-rights-groups-await-judge-ruling-on-california-microstamping-law/

California's gun laws are among the nation's strictest, but a looming decision in a federal lawsuit could effectively ban handguns altogether in the Golden State, according to plaintiffs who want a judge to toss out a state law requiring all new handguns to be equipped with technology that "stamps" each shell casing with a traceable mark.
The problem with the “microstamping” law, which was signed into law by then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2007 but only took effect in 2013, is that it relies on an unworkable technology, according to gun manufacturers and attorneys for the Second Amendment Foundation and Calguns Foundation. If guns without the technology can't be sold in California, and gun manufacturers can't implement the technology, the law is, for practical purposes, a handgun ban that violates the Second Amendment, goes the argument.

“This is about the state trying to eliminate the handgun market,” said Alan Gura, the lead attorney in Pena v. Lindley, filed on behalf of the Second Amendment Foundation and Calguns Foundation against the Chief of the California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms. “The evidence submitted by the manufacturers shows this is science fiction and there is not a practical way to implement the law.

MtGun44
02-18-2015, 02:34 AM
Likely will be found unconstitutional.

jcwit
02-18-2015, 02:44 AM
Lets hope so!

Bad Water Bill
02-18-2015, 03:06 AM
If the lawyer that won Heller and Mc Donald + many more 2A cases is taking it on chalk up another WIN for us.[smilie=s:

.30/30 Guy
02-18-2015, 11:33 AM
My understanding is there is some stuff engraved on the tip of the firing pin. Anyone out there that has access to a Dremel tool??? OH NO! Replacement firing pins!!

dilly
02-18-2015, 11:46 AM
If the lawyer that won Heller and Mc Donald + many more 2A cases is taking it on chalk up another WIN for us.[smilie=s:

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) is involved in this as well as the ones you mentioned. I don't know about which individual lawyers but the SAF has been quite an effective safeguard of gun rights, and it's definitely something any firearms enthusiast should look research if one wants to get involved.

The way I think of it, NRA is to the legislative branch as SAF is to the judicial branch.

Now if only we could do something about that pesky executive branch. BATFE shouldn't be handing down "rulings" like a court would.

MtGun44
02-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Polish the tip of the firing pin with 240 grit wet or dry while it
spins in a drill for 10 sec and you are rid of the printing.

Of course for the folks that aren't capable of that complex machine
work, change out the firing pin.

Typical moronic law, OR intentionally making all handguns illegal. Both
groups working together, the tools and the fools.

Duckiller
02-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Problem is not altering the firing pin. It is that it can't be engraved with a unique symbol in the first place. If we could convince our beloved Attorney General of that fact we might be able to buy a new pistol if the manufacturer paid to have it tested. Lots of gun s pass the drop test but when one goes off in a school kids get away with"I just dropped it" .

dakotashooter2
02-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Firing pins break..............Oooops .........there goes mine now................

mold maker
02-19-2015, 11:37 AM
A hand full of range brass sure would screw up a crime seen. You could also implicate someone else with only their spent brass. Just more worthless technology that doesn't exist, and would be worthless if it did.

SSGOldfart
02-19-2015, 11:44 AM

I Hope your right for( a change Bill} there laws are like their wildfires they just keep going and going

cbrick
02-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Likely will be found unconstitutional.

Yeah, and that would be the 9th Circuit Court right? :veryconfu The single most liberal anti Constitutional court in the country.

Sure am delighted with my escape. Living in America is wonderful.

Rick

jmort
02-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Hope to join you very soon.

cbrick
02-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Hope to join you very soon.

Have you chosen your spot in America yet?

Rick

jmort
02-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Ozarks. Southern Missouri or Northern Arkansas. Looking at small house with five acres on the border.

cbrick
02-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Beautiful area. I know because I see it every time I look out the window or go outside. :mrgreen:

Great fishing, hunting and great people. You will however need to get accustomed to things like a very low crime rate, far lower taxes, far lower electric bill, no gun ban lists, buy a gun and take it home the same day. It's tough I tell ya! Tough!

Rick

jmort
02-19-2015, 12:57 PM
I am excited. I was going to wait two years, but if I can swing it, the property will be less than a new diesel truck and is very nice as far as I am concerned. Taxes are about the cost of a good meal once a month, hard to believe. Crime is real low and lot of trees, water and recreation. If this one falls through then will keep looking and saving. And I can just go buy a gun, the freaking gun I want, right now.

cbrick
02-19-2015, 01:12 PM
There are many other things you will need to learn to endure. Auto ins about 1/3 of what your now paying. Groceries much cheaper, yeah, many things.

But why would groceries be cheaper you ask? because the store you buy them from isn't paying the absurd taxes, electric bill etc that stores in CA are forced to pay. Why would auto ins be cheaper you ask? Because in LA County alone there are 50,000 cars stolen per year. Just who do you think is paying for that?

Yep, many things are quite different in America.

Rick

jmort
02-19-2015, 01:19 PM
My dad is from Piggott Arkansas, north east area. I have been festering here way too long. You and I both know how bad california is. I lived in LA county for years and moved out in the sticks, but it is still california. For me, not saying for others, the demographics are outstanding in the Ozarks.

cbrick
02-19-2015, 01:27 PM
When will you know if you get the house?

Rick

jmort
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Trying to get the last of down payment, within 30 days.

cbrick
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Let me know. You'll be right here with the rest of us hillbillies? [smilie=s:

dakota
02-19-2015, 02:09 PM
The tip of the firing pin should include, name, address, and soc. sec. # along with the numbers of all the guns a person owns with the serial numbers. Maybe if they served in the service along with dates and locations served...

Artful
02-19-2015, 02:19 PM
A hand full of range brass sure would screw up a crime seen. You could also implicate someone else with only their spent brass. Just more worthless technology that doesn't exist, and would be worthless if it did.

Don't forget to leave a bunch of cancer stick butts gathered from behind police station and city hall [smilie=s:

jmort
02-19-2015, 02:26 PM
^^^ Funny all of that

MtGun44
02-19-2015, 02:35 PM
cbrick and jmort,

Great to hear that you have and will, respectively, joined Free America. I was born
in Cali, and have friends that I visit from time to time, but most relatives have passed on
and I'm happy to call Kansas home for decades.

It is neat to pay low taxes, not have the overall living expenses of California, plus
have folks around that LIKE guns or at worst don't pay any attention to them.
Suburban KS is pretty reasonable, but still higher taxes than your more rural
areas. Too many folks moving here from the infected zones and voting, IMO.