PDA

View Full Version : Trying Not to do Racial Profiling (terrorist), but...

LUBEDUDE
02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
There I was stuck in line at the Post Office. Their computers were down, so waiting time was exponentially long.

Two people ahead of me was a woman that appeared to be from a particular area of the world where THE FIGHT is.

It was taking forever for her just to get stamps. Because there was not enough in the drawer, or maybe on the premises.

Just from what I heard, she wanted 100 qty Rolls of stamps and 1000 qty $1.00 stamps. Along with other stamps as well.

My question is, Why? Why, would anyone be buying so many stamps?

If she ships a lot of packages back home wouldn't she want to bring them in to get EXACT pricing since shipping is so high? Unless, she/they were shipping contraband?
or maybe explosives?

Am I reaching here? Or does anyone else smell a rat?

Hickok
02-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Just doesn't sound normal.

My wife works at a post office, I will ask her when she gets home what she thinks.

SharpsShooter
02-17-2015, 03:52 PM
If she works for a business that does its own billing, it is entirely possible to buy about amount of postage. I have worked for several companies and have bought $2000 with stamps at a time.

SS

LUBEDUDE
02-17-2015, 05:05 PM
If she works for a business that does its own billing, it is entirely possible to buy about amount of postage. I have worked for several companies and have bought $2000 with stamps at a time.

SS

That is surprising, seems like at those amounts you would have a postal
meter in days gone by. But now even that is easily computerized at home and business, and thus tracked.

But...plausible.

white eagle
02-17-2015, 05:20 PM

SS

+1
My wife also works at the po she see's it all the time

runfiverun
02-17-2015, 06:19 PM
I'll go in and buy 100$ worth of stamps just to have around the house.

She he might just be mailing stuff out from her E-bay business.

gsdelong
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
A lot of people do not use postage meters for marketing mailing because they are more likely to get opened. Back in the day I used to buy every odd stamp I could get in hopes that my mail pieces did not end up in the over flowing trash can you see next to the post office boxes.

LUBEDUDE
02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
I'll go in and buy 100$ worth of stamps just to have around the house.

She he might just be mailing stuff out from her E-bay business.

I have that as well.

But she ordered over $5,200.00 of just what I heard.

Maybe I was paranoid.

MaryB
02-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Why on earth would you stand in line to mail anything these days??? USPS.COM and print your postage! Makes no sense. Heck I order my stamps online for the few I need and they deliver them to my front door.

dtknowles
02-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Why on earth would you stand in line to mail anything these days??? USPS.COM and print your postage! Makes no sense. Heck I order my stamps online for the few I need and they deliver them to my front door.

I have one but not everyone has a scale that weighs the appropriate range of weights.

Tim

MaryB
02-17-2015, 10:45 PM
scales are $10 for mail sized packages to 5 pounds, beyond that I use a digital bathroom scale and add a pound(I really need to buy a postal scale that goes to 75 pounds...)

MtGun44
02-18-2015, 02:38 AM
Shipping scopes, etc. to the ISIS guys?

KCSO
02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Shoot my little S.O. bought $1000 a year in stamps. My Daughters Legalid Office used two to three times that.

dtknowles
02-18-2015, 11:51 AM
scales are $10 for mail sized packages to 5 pounds, beyond that I use a digital bathroom scale and add a pound(I really need to buy a postal scale that goes to 75 pounds...)

That is much like I do except for packages that I think will be in the 5 to 20 pound range I weigh the items separately if I can and add up the weights. That is unless I use flat rate boxes. I think that the people who go to the post office to mail packages just find it simpler to go than think it thru to do it themselves.

Tim

jcwit
02-18-2015, 12:38 PM

Because I do not have a printer!

LUBEDUDE
02-18-2015, 04:42 PM

Normally I would agree.

But I live in a relatively small town were the postal workers are all female most times.

My Flat Rate Box is maxed at 69 pounds and they usually have me carry it to the back.

If I just dropped it off with computer postage they would "drop" the box from waist level to the floor, increasing the chances of a blow out, which I have witnessed many times- even though it is taped like crazy!!

So I wait in line for mine and my customer's protection - just one less careless manhandling, i.e., the straw that broke the camel's back.

Geezer in NH
02-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Normally I would agree.

But I live in a relatively small town were the postal workers are all female most times.

My Flat Rate Box is maxed at 69 pounds and they usually have me carry it to the back.

If I just dropped it off with computer postage they would "drop" the box from waist level to the floor, increasing the chances of a blow out, which I have witnessed many times- even though it is taped like crazy!!

So I wait in line for mine and my customer's protection - just one less careless manhandling, i.e., the straw that broke the camel's back.
Not for nothing THEY work for you. Submit a formal complaint to the post master general.

That is delay of the mail and an extra charge of delay of commerce. I learned to do that when the locals had troubles with An FFL shipping a hand gun when they also had no knowledge of their own forms required for that was presented with the shipment.

You may know them but they are not you friend. They must go by the PO rules or they can move on loosing their pay , vacations and pensions.

Can't lift a legal package? They are at fault do not enable a .GOV slacker IMHO . Make the PO hire who can, as you paid for it.

LUBEDUDE
02-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Geezer, I know all of that.

However, me and my heavy boxes are well known at every P O in town.

I would much rather have a chance of the workers "being nice" to my boxes when I'm not around, than all p-o'd at me for stirring the pot and then treating my boxes likes a rented mule when I leave.