PDA

View Full Version : Oregonions Speak Up

GOPHER SLAYER
02-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Well another governor has resigned. Let's see was it Illinois? No by golly it is on the left coast. Not to worry, he is being replaced by a stand up, maybe stand up is not the right description. At any rate, I am sure you will be as well served as your next door neighbor to the south. Could we get some input from you Oregon casters?

condorjohn
02-13-2015, 08:13 PM
He really did need to go. But, with the person replacing him it's like "out of the frying pan,
into the fire." We'll have a special election next year but, 'tll then it will be business as usual.

retread
02-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Nothing changes here on the Left coast! We just say goodbye and good riddance to one progressive liberal and see another of the same ilk take his place. Since Portland and Eugene control the State we are doomed.

quilbilly
02-13-2015, 08:57 PM
This just proves there is a level of corruption even some Democrats can't tolerate. The Dems are happy though. They have a leftist activist lesbian bisexual for a governor now. Oregon is doomed economically. There aren't enough taxpayers in the state to pay for the state employee retirees many of who make more as retirees than they did as workers. Sound familiar Illinois and Kalifornia? My state isn't far behind.

fatelk
02-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Portland is loaded with lunatics who would vote for the devil himself if he had a (D) after his name. It's really sad to see where this state has gone culturally. The rural areas are still pretty good, but as a whole it seems that we've passed the tipping point and are now just California North. :(

JeffinNZ
02-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Just Origonians? You all spoke funny when I visited last in 2005.

.30-06 fan
02-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Oregon is Great state. And Oregonian folk are very hospitable.

TreeKiller
02-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Portland is loaded with lunatics who would vote for the devil himself if he had a (D) after his name. It's really sad to see where this state has gone culturally. The rural areas are still pretty good, but as a whole it seems that we've passed the tipping point and are now just California North. :(

Glad you said California North not Northern California.

popper
02-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Have a friend who has relatives in Portland, I always tell them to watch out for the Grimm people there when they visit. I suppose they (Grimm people) are in the Gov. now. The show is a hoot to watch.

fatnhappy
02-14-2015, 01:00 PM
I did notice than very few of the articles on K's resignation mention party affiliation. Had it been (R) it would have been crowed from the rooftops.

MtGun44
02-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Looks like Oregon is pretty much fully Californicated.

fatelk
02-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Glad you said California North not Northern California.

Nope, nothing against northern California. Personally I think the state of Jefferson would have been a great place to live!

FISH4BUGS
02-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Where is my right to not be offended at the proclamation that the governor to be is bisexual? What does her sexual proclivities have to do with anything?
It just shows you the attitudes of the liberals. I frankly don't care what she does behind closed doors but for Heaven''s sake please keep it to yourself will you?

retread
02-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Where is my right to not be offended at the proclamation that the governor to be is bisexual? What does her sexual proclivities have to do with anything?
It just shows you the attitudes of the liberals. I frankly don't care what she does behind closed doors but for Heaven''s sake please keep it to yourself will you?

It's all part of their agenda.

TXGunNut
02-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Too bad, Oregon is such a beautiful state. I wonder if her sexual orientation had something to do with all the press this change in "leadership" has gotten. Why should I care about her sex life?

blackthorn
02-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Right-on! The sexual persuasion of the individual should not be a consideration---HOWEVER--- the goofy left often picks candidates, not on merit, but on what is seen as being politically correct! I.e. colored, one legged, female, trans/bi sexual welfare recipient. IF (and its a big IF) the person will do a good job at what they were elected for then I might support them. Their sexual preference is none of my business or concern, unless they are trying to crawl into my bed!

Gunor
02-14-2015, 09:16 PM
At least we have bakers that refuse some cakes, only going to cost them $150k (or more).

What is neat about the state is all the I-5 (US HWY) liberal bastions. I think the liberals in state are high minded - keep Portland weird - and etc.

Of course the High School graduation rate either 49th or 50th. And we just passed the funny weed law.

BTW: They are building a $120 million grow operation in the next state up - really not that, far from us.

Back to our former governor - dumb, but at least he resigned in a somewhat timely manner. And the allegations about him and his girlfriend - really not too new (news wise) - much of it was known before the election.

It is pronounced Ory-gun.

Geoff in Astoria (that is at the mouth of the Columbia)

Duckiller
02-15-2015, 03:27 AM
The new Governor is the former Sec of State as reported in the news. Doesn't Oregon elect a Lt Governor? Just curious. Sons want wife and i to move to Oregon once both her hips have been fixed. One down and she is learning to walk again. next surgery in two to three months, maybe, if Dr says ok.

dale2242
02-15-2015, 08:36 AM
As a 73 year resident of Oregon and an old school conservative, I could care less about her sexual orientation or the fact that she is a woman.
What bothers me is the fact that she is an ultra liberal like her predecessor which, in this case means anti gun.
Good riddance to Kitzhaber.
We are not all liberal or weird in Oregon.
Check the Oregon Firearms Federation site for what many counties are doing to protect our 2nd amendment rights....dale

FISH4BUGS
02-15-2015, 07:53 PM
The new Governor is the former Sec of State as reported in the news. Doesn't Oregon elect a Lt Governor? Just curious. Sons want wife and i to move to Oregon once both her hips have been fixed. One down and she is learning to walk again. next surgery in two to three months, maybe, if Dr says ok.

Apparently they do not have a Lt. Governor. Their Constitution says the Secretary of State is next in line.

crazy mark
02-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Kitzhaber was a good ER doctor and should have stayed doing that. Entered politics to get his agenda done. I was in charge of the maint dept at a rural hospital he practiced at. I also ran a crew at Sacred Heart in Eugene at the same time.. Was never so glad to retire and move back to SW WA.

quilbilly
02-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Portland is loaded with lunatics who would vote for the devil himself if he had a (D) after his name. It's really sad to see where this state has gone culturally. The rural areas are still pretty good, but as a whole it seems that we've passed the tipping point and are now just California North. :( Hey!! Watch it! Washington has dibs on California North. Get in line.

scaevola
02-16-2015, 03:00 PM
I lived in Lakeview long ago (late '70s, left in '81) and the idea of Jefferson was very much alive and popular. More than ever, the state of Jefferson makes sense for those held captive by the fascists who rule from Sacramento and Salem.

Nope, nothing against northern California. Personally I think the state of Jefferson would have been a great place to live!