PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR9 and lead diet

USARO4
02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Dues anybody have any advice/experience shooting lead in the new Ruger 9mm? I like the way it looks and feels and may purchase one if it can thrive on a 99% lead diet like the rest of my handguns.

DLCTEX
03-01-2008, 12:56 AM
I have only read about it, but I am intriged by what I see. DALE

afish4570
03-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I own alot of Ruger products but no center fire autos. I shoot a club match and IDPA combat pistol & IPSC occcasionally. Never saw I shooter with a Ruger auto. I shoot a Berretta 92FS with alot of lead bullets and its dead relieable. Two of us use 92F's, lots of Glocks, a few Sigs and lots of 1911 clones Kimber,STI. There are a couple of Springfield XD's in 40 cal too,1 CZ75,1 EAA Witness,40. Due to costs some of the guys have switched to coated lead bullets out of a Texas outfit. I can't find the name in my bookmarks but can if you buy cast bullets....I make mine.Oh. A few M & P Smiths are showing up to. I have a 17 Glock I occassionally shoot but haven't put a Lone Wolf or lead bullet friendly barrel on it yet. I wish Ruger the best. The P85 I influenced by step son to buy years ago yearly is as accurate as my 92F or Glock.
Thats my experience.afish4570:roll::roll:

MtGun44
03-01-2008, 02:43 AM
I'd be quite surprised if the SR9 had any difficulties with lead boolits.
Ruger has historically been very good about making accurate handguns,
and only the Euroweenies seem to imagine a world with only jacketed
bullets in pistols.

I've handled the SR9 and was very impressed. Low bore center, MUCH
better grip and grip angle than the Glock, infinitely better trigger pull
than the Glock. Decent sights, 17 rds. Very nice package. Hope it shoots
as accurately as my Ruger Std auto .22s. Still prefer a 1911 as my carry
gun, but this is far superior in ergonomics to the Glock, IMO.

Bill

USARO4
03-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I shoot a lot of home-cast in a S&W 3913 as well as a Blackhawk Convertible. I have had good results with cast in 9mm. I really like the looks and feel of this new Ruger brass tosser.