PDA

View Full Version : nikon scopes

buggybuilder
02-07-2015, 09:04 PM
What sporting goods place sells refurbished Nikon scopes? Are they worth the money?

RobS
02-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Nikon scopes tend to be pretty decent glass for the price. Their Monarch line is where I would start if looking this direction. There are however others out there that will be a bit better at a little less $$$ if you do enough scope reviews. Can't help you on where to find refurbished ones though.

C. Latch
02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Natchezss.com always has an extensive selection of refurbed Nikons.

runfiverun
02-07-2015, 10:56 PM
I have a couple of Nikons and am somewhat disappointed in their glass I thought someone that has been making lenses for cameras that long could do a much better job of edge to edge clarity.
I'm to the point of buying nothing but Vortex or at least Leopold for hard use scopes and Vortex or Nite-force for target scopes.
thy cost more but I can see through them and don't shoot two groups when the heat shimmers start.

dh2
02-07-2015, 11:05 PM
I got a Nikon refurb from midway a couple years ago, you have to grab them when they pop up, they are worth the price, I have 4 Nikon scopes so far. one on a 9.3x62mm Mauser it is having no trouble with the recoil?

oldlincoln
02-08-2015, 02:46 AM
I think Nikon makes Leopold's lenses.

BethelHntr
02-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Of coarse they don't say who makes their glass so you may be correct.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leupold.com%2Fabout-us%2Famericas-optics-authority%2F&ei=TxXXVKCED8qrogSjrYLgBQ&usg=AFQjCNGzN9baO9Yu16EC3vnSe6hEGpuXJA&sig2=fVMdAW14HMxUzYQ_xhlubQ

Lloyd Smale
02-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Nothing wrong with a monarch. Ive probably got more leupolds then the rest combined but have a number of Nikon monarchs and think there a great scope. Some of mine are refirbs that came from natchez and ill say this. At the price they sell refirbed monarchs youll never touch the bang for the buck you get with them with a leupold or vortex or any other brand. Ive seen refirbed monarchs for a bit over 200 bucks. Your talking vx2 performance at rifleman prices. You aren't going to find a vortex for 200 bucks that compares to the glass in a monarch either. Monarchs are comparable to vortex viper scopes and at least to my eyes are better then a crossfire or diamondback. Ive bought 7 refirbed Nikons from them through the years and haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them.