PDA

View Full Version : PC bullet vendor-Good guy or not?

Reloader George
02-05-2015, 05:08 PM
On December 29, I ordered 400 PC bullets from Big Sarge's Powdercoated Bullets. This week I tried to get some order status. Can't call, mailbox full. Two e-mails, no response. Has anyone bought from this company? Am I being impatient? I don't mind the wait, but the lack of status isn't a real customer friendly situation. Your thoughts?

runfiverun
02-05-2015, 05:34 PM
never heard of them...

LUBEDUDE
02-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the forum RG.

5 solid weeks since you ordered, coming off of the holidays. He's probably behind. Yeah, be patient.

As far as the contact, I can see the frustration there. Not going to even go there, the reasons could be many and viable.

Bzcraig
02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Yes, welcome aboard! You will not find a consensus to this question. This is my opinion: I have the same expectations for all businesses, be it corporate or individual. No one I know would give Midway, Cabelas, or the like, a pass with that kind of customer service. I was self employed for 32 years and the only thing that separated me from the others was excellent customer service. It's amazing how much people are willing to work with you IF you keep them in the loop instead of the dark.

jmort
02-05-2015, 09:59 PM
I think you are being a little impatient based on his web site disclaimer regarding the fulfillment time horizion:

QUALITY BULLETS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!

DUE TO HAND MADE, CUSTOM ABILITY, AND EXTREME VOLUME CURRENT WAIT TIME IS: 4 WEEKS PAYMENT IN FULL WILL LOCK YOUR POSITION IN OUR WAITING LINE, WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE HOMEPAGE.I'm Jeremiah Allen, owner of Big Sarge's Powder Coat Bullets. I started this business due to high prices of bullets for reloading. We provide the best bullets possible.

Our bullets are individually checked for quality control and appearance. They have been pushed past 2700 FPS and that was in a DPMS AR-15. It has been said that cast lead cannot be shot through an AR, but now, it can be done with bullets from Big Sarges!

Our bullets do not need sticky lube that can gum up your dies or expensive gas checks. They are also available for individuals that prefer tumble lube. They come in any color including zombie green and the new zombie buster which is zombie green and gloss black infused together.

We have perfected the way we powder coat our bullets here at Big Sarges. I use a top secret 10 stage methodthat produces coated bullets so good that none would be sold unless our stress test is completed. Our stress test is basically smashing the bullets in a vise to see if the powder coat chips or flakes. If one does then the whole batch is scratched and started over.

Our goal at Big Sarges is to beat every competitor's prices. If you find a price better than ours, we will match their price and give a 10 percent discount on top of the matched price. That is Big Sarge's Guarantee. We sell the bullets in multiple quantities. If 100 rounds are purchased, the bullets come in a heavy duty plastic bag. When 500-1000 rounds are purchased, they come in a plastic box that is great for reloading components. If 2500 or more are purchased, they come in a plastic ammo can. If anything is needed please do not hesitate to ask.
WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE BIG SARGE'S BULLETS OVER OTHERS?

They can be pushed past 2700 FPS with no leading in the barrel
They come in any color
Our bullets are totally encased with the powder coat due to our secret 10 stage process. They can be used in most shooting competitions and indoor ranges, they greatly reduce the already minimum risk of lead poisoning.
There is no sticky lube or expensive gas checks to worry about.
The bullets greatly reduces the smoke, that cast bullets are known for.
The cost of our bullets are low as standard cast lead bullets and in most cases it is lower but they have the capabilities of plated/jacketed bullets.

http://powdercoatbullets.com/uploads/3/5/4/8/3548297/2985138.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/)
If you are wanting more information on powder coated bullets please click on this picture to the right. If you shoot cast lead bullets often I suggest you get a account setup with them. Cast Boolits is the biggest Cast Lead bullet information Forum there is. This website has been a tremendous help to myself and a lot of my casting friends. Click the picture to be taken to their website

http://powdercoatbullets.com/

MaryB
02-05-2015, 10:31 PM
No bad reviews anywhere...

But I answer all emails within a day at most, often within hours and at all hours of the day and night(4AM last night someone had a question on an astronomy part)

Reloader George
02-06-2015, 11:44 AM
@jmortimer. The 4 week notice appeared after my order. In any case, I've since heard from the vendor. He has been hit with a lot of orders and has also been in ill health. The order remains intact and I can only wish him a speedy recovery. I will post a review of the bullets as soon as they're received, loaded and sent downrange.

Thanks all.

Moonie
02-06-2015, 01:20 PM
I seem to remember this guy coming here and asking for us to check out his website. I believe some mentioned to him that some of his claims might be a tad exagerated.

I also seem to remember his website had some issues at first, or am I thinking of someone else who recently went into business selling powder coated boolits?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Isn't this the same guy that tried to sell swage dies on here and didn't do so well? I think he started a thread about how swaging is a thing of the past now that PC technology is applicable to cast boolits. Maybe I am mistaken or confused. It happens often.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of Kaine. Different folks.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
This was the thread that confused me :

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?239009-Powder-coating-Bullet-MOLDS!-CHEAP!/page5

Interesting how he changed some info on his website after some guys on here confronted him about it.

MaryB
02-07-2015, 01:17 AM
He has a link to here on his web page... using the CB logo...

Azbearhuntr
03-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Do NOT use this vendor. I placed in order Jan 4th and got an email telling me it would be 4 weeks. He has since put that notice on his website. After 6 weeks I emailed him several times, posted to his FB page, used his online contact form, and called a dozen times with zero response. His phone doesn't accept voicemails either. After 8 weeks I disputed the charge and eventually he refunded my money. There are numerous posts on his FB about not getting orders and even complaints that he bought something on eBay, got a refund, then didn't return the item to the seller. Another post has pictures of the damaged bullets received by a customer who was then told no refunds. This guy clearly is in over his head or an outright scammer. Someone refunded my account so that same person should be responding to complaints, not leaving everyone high and dry.

bangerjim
03-26-2015, 12:57 PM
THAT.......is exactly why you cast and coat your own boolits! If I need some, I can have hundreds done in about 2 hours........ready to load and shoot!

No big whoop. Easy...peazy. 6 weeks for boolits............NAAAAAA!

banger-j