PDA

View Full Version : Midway flyer???

oldred
01-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Anyone else get one of these? I thought they had discontinued them completely but mybe they are still sending them out occasionally? Midway is not exactly my first choice, just the opposite in fact, but I was just curious about this flyer since they came regularly until a short while back.

I notice they even have some 22 LR on the front page, 500 rd box of Norma Match for $87.99 (ouch!) but then I don't have a clue what would be a good price for Norma 22 lr.

thegatman
01-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I got one. No deals here.

JB Weld
01-30-2015, 12:18 PM
I got one the other day shortly after I received an order.

Jevyod
01-30-2015, 01:21 PM
I just got one. Wasn't too impressed.

Echo
01-30-2015, 01:38 PM
I got one...

badbob454
01-30-2015, 01:39 PM
I just got one. Wasn't too impressed.

ditto

M-Tecs
01-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Just got mine. I get them monthly. I watch for discount codes. With the codes at time Midway is the cheapest.

jonas302
01-30-2015, 01:44 PM
It appears that they have brought them back which is a good business move for them I think

dragon813gt
01-30-2015, 01:45 PM
I get them all the time. They pretty much go right in the trash. Unless I'm placing a large order, Midway will usually have everything, I order elsewhere.

Recluse
01-30-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm a regular Midway customer--not a solely Midway, but a regular patron.

It seems the company listened some years back when there was a huge amount of complaining over excessive shipping charges and in past orders, I've seen their shipping rates become competitive/comparable to other large online retailers in both the firearms industry as well as other industries.

They also sponsor several of the few television shows I watch, are strong supporters of the NRA and remain family owned.

Midway, Midsouth Shooters and Powder Valley are my "go-to" online retailers. I get flyers from Midway and Midsouth on a regular basis as I shop there on a regular basis.

:coffee:

LUBEDUDE
01-30-2015, 02:05 PM
No deals for me, I filed in the circular file.

quilbilly
01-30-2015, 03:17 PM
I surely do miss their big book. I bought a lot of stuff I probably didn't need just perusing it in front of the TV. You are right - no deals in it. I think it was a reminder of what they carry with just examples of clothes, brass, projectiles, optics, etc.

MaryB
01-31-2015, 12:11 AM
They had a nice deal on 22cal Jwords... ordered some for the AR-15.

nagantguy
01-31-2015, 12:19 AM
I'm a regular Midway customer--not a solely Midway, but a regular patron.

It seems the company listened some years back when there was a huge amount of complaining over excessive shipping charges and in past orders, I've seen their shipping rates become competitive/comparable to other large online retailers in both the firearms industry as well as other industries.

They also sponsor several of the few television shows I watch, are strong supporters of the NRA and remain family owned.

Midway, Midsouth Shooters and Powder Valley are my "go-to" online retailers. I get flyers from Midway and Midsouth on a regular basis as I shop there on a regular basis.

:coffee:

Sums up exactly what I was gonna say, except the t.v. show part, haven't had TV in going on 6 years. But do like dealing with a family owned american business as that's how I make my living...

marlin39a
01-31-2015, 07:06 AM
I got one. A quick look and it was in the trash. I like Midway, and always have a wish list going. Just wasn't anything spectacular in the flyer.

Blanco
01-31-2015, 07:40 AM
I don't usually find anything in the flyer.
I do, however, check prices of several online shooting sport businesses. What I have noticed is that Midways price is not always the best, but if you check the bottom line when it is totaled up, Midway is in many cases the lowest price. I would guess with the volume they deal in they get better discounts on the shipping.

Smoke4320
01-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Blanco
Yoda would say " No try is there" :)

cbrick
01-31-2015, 02:44 PM
It seems the company listened some years back when there was a huge amount of complaining over excessive shipping charges and in past orders, I've seen their shipping rates become competitive/comparable to other large online retailers in both the firearms industry as well as other industries. :coffee:

^^^^^^ This.

I quit using Midway completely several years ago solely on their rip off shipping charges that started I think right when the daughters took over. Final straw was when I ordered two of an item (heaters for the safe) that would easily fit in a medium flat rate box and they refused to put them both in one box, it was pay for two boxes or nothing. Told them fine, then it's nothing. Plus they were charging far more than what it cost to ship USPS flat rate.

Good to see they finally took their head out of their hieny. I'm sure I'm not the only one, that shipping rip off scheme must have cost them a lot of money.

Rick

Blanco
01-31-2015, 04:48 PM
Blanco
Yoda would say " No try is there" :)

Try there is not MmmmmHmmmm

John Guedry
02-05-2015, 11:18 AM
I haven't gotten one in years.

garym1a2
02-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Makes good reading material in the head. I buy from Midway and Brownells first if their price is good.