PDA

View Full Version : Censorship of certain word C rap!

JWFilips
01-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Ok Folks I have a real issue here:
Certain word in the Cast Boolit dialect are censored here automatically.
We all know we get **** ( KRAP) in our alloy.... Well that is not vulgar as used in our dialect...but there are some pretty racy words used here that get by Come on let's fix this

shoot-n-lead
01-28-2015, 10:10 PM
I agree...I was censored on the C word the other day...seems a bit extreme...but, oh well, who gives a krap...

762 shooter
01-28-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't give a (rap.

jmort
01-28-2015, 10:24 PM
**** is on the list

JWFilips
01-28-2015, 10:32 PM
**** is on the list
No it is not! But *** is I'm sure...
I don't want to be a ***** cat about it however!

Thats funny I got cited for the "*****" ...cat word recently
I just guess we are being watched on how we use those words!!!
Don't call the big "O" any of the Above
The lefties well get you

MT Gianni
01-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Censuring is done by a purchased program with no editing involved. Use crud if you wish.

btroj
01-28-2015, 11:29 PM
Lots of other ways to get the point across. Sort of like what is on the floor in my gun room, my wife calls it "stuff"

Baja_Traveler
01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Yea, I got an email reprimand from a mod for using the word Pi$$ed in a post once. Guess I'm not as puritanical as some here....

Love Life
01-29-2015, 02:21 PM
We are guests. The owner can censor whatever he/she may want.

Echo
01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Criminy. I hear pi$$ed on the radio, often...
But I like (rap...

dragon813gt
01-29-2015, 02:34 PM

And this is how it is. Personally no words offend me because they are just words. I think censorship of language is childish but this isn't my sandbox.

w5pv
01-29-2015, 02:56 PM
I am fine with most slang words as long they are not using the Lords name invain.They started out as something else and became offensive and vulgar later.

oneokie
01-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Here is an idea: Look at it as an opportunity to expand one's vocabulary.

jmort
01-29-2015, 03:53 PM
We have a decorous membership.

markinalpine
01-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Just look up the scene where Elroy and Jake meet up with their old Catholic Grade School teacher in the Blues Brothers.
Mark :bigsmyl2:

DCP
01-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Bitch is the name of a female dog

Dick was my fathers name

So I don't see a problem

btroj
01-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Here is an idea: Look at it as an opportunity to expand one's vocabulary.

I like that.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/Dung?s=ts

This link should help

mjwcaster
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Seems the one issue I had with vocabulary censorship on guns boards does not exist or has been fixed on this board.

I can cock my gun before firing it here, but I cannot on some other gun boards.

I thought this used to be censored here also.

As far as other words being censored, doesn't bother me.
I can use them in my own home, or not, my choice.
But when I am in your house I will try to respect your wishes.

Deadpool
01-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Etymology defeats ignorance in censorship. (http://etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=****&searchmode=none)

oh my, even urls are censored!!

Surely, this image cannot be deemed offensive...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Arrow.svg/300px-Arrow.svg.png

shooter93
01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
It's a program and it may seem strange that some words slip by while others don't but I'm sure the mods have much better thongs to do with their time (maybe even cast and shoot) than try to decipher the quantity of words covered by such a program. Generally very few words ever offend me but I certainly understand that they may offend others so I'm careful how I speak until such language is warranted. It's an internet site...not quite real life....enjoy it for what it is and don't sweat the small stuff.

jonas302
01-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Surely we are smart enough to know there is dross in the alloy
The words don't bother me and it has censored me a few times too it is a family site and not all people want there children to read that

JWFilips
01-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes you are very correct , Sir ............as guests we should not question the rules

fatelk
01-29-2015, 09:40 PM
A friend at work and I recently had a discussion on this topic. I don't generally use strong language, and the other guys talk like sailors. No, I'm not sensitive about it or easily offended, just how I was brought up. He says words are just words and never hurt anyone. I'm more inclined to see the societal value in some measure of propriety. Words are what separate us from animals, and we've known for thousands of years that words, as expressions of ideas, hold tremendous power.

I'm not easily offended by rough language, but I have met people who seem offended that I don't cuss. The guys at work at least know when to hold back, like when around our respective families, but the ones that really bother me are those that can't finish a sentence without a certain four letter word, and don't care where they are or who's around when they do it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems our culture is going more and more that way. I'm really glad that this isn't one of those forums where people talk like that.

Mildly crude words like the one in the thread title don't bother me at all (I grew up on a farm; that's actually a polite word). On the other hand, if certain words are not welcome here, I'm more than glad to talk extra-nice in polite company. :)

JWFilips
01-29-2015, 10:40 PM
A friend at work and I recently had a discussion on this topic. I don't generally use strong language, and the other guys talk like sailors. No, I'm not sensitive about it or easily offended, just how I was brought up. He says words are just words and never hurt anyone. I'm more inclined to see the societal value in some measure of propriety. Words are what separate us from animals, and we've known for thousands of years that words, as expressions of ideas, hold tremendous power.

I'm not easily offended by rough language, but I have met people who seem offended that I don't cuss. The guys at work at least know when to hold back, like when around our respective families, but the ones that really bother me are those that can't finish a sentence without a certain four letter word, and don't care where they are or who's around when they do it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems our culture is going more and more that way. I'm really glad that this isn't one of those forums where people talk like that.

Mildly crude words like the one in the thread title don't bother me at all (I grew up on a farm; that's actually a polite word). On the other hand, if certain words are not welcome here, I'm more than glad to talk extra-nice in polite company. :)

Actually I can not watch new movies because of the language. That is not how I was brought up & not how my associates in business talk! Every once in awhile my son invites us over to watch net flicks & I'm appauled at the language! That is not in my vocabulary. But I guess "Krap" is ...but from now on It will be crud.... ! Now just get the Crud out of the White House and we will all be very happy!