PDA

View Full Version : Getting my old job back

odfairfaxsub
01-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Well a series of unfortunate events lended me a decision about 2 years ago ..... Fired or resign. Well I told them I wanted my job so they'd have to fire me.

Fought the whole ordeal tooth and nail through the grievence process and had the whole unconditional support if the union and everyone I ever worked with or not.

Arbitrator ruled that I was to return w back pay (the difference of lost wages ) and reinstated to my old job with my orig title.

This is so great!!!i had a job almost a month after being fired delivering medicine for 12 bucks a hour working 6 days a week and fortunately got picked up as a non union hi voltage electrician testing equip for data centers for about half what I used to make.

god was so good to us!!! We made just enough to pay most bills and feed everyone. Since then we have one more kid and been waiting for this good new.

my wife can now not ever think about working ever again (unless she wants too) as her dream job is raising sweet little jessy and our little champ boy.

most likely we will be moving out of our two bedroom town home into a single family w the back pay and home sale money. God is good!

Artful
01-28-2015, 04:55 PM
congratulations

shoot-n-lead
01-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Great news!

However, you better be looking over your shoulder and cross every t and dot every i...if they went to the mat trying to fire you this time...that sentiment will not go away and they will try to be better prepared next time.

odfairfaxsub
01-28-2015, 06:06 PM
Your right. I was told to keep my nose clean and just do my job.

i got fired for a pretty awful reason. Had to use the bathroom at this remote location, no bathrooms and town homes on either side of me. I took a 5 gal bucket into the telephone room where we have everything terminated and was getting my bathroom bucket ready and I noticed that there was a camera. I put a piece of tape on the lens and was seen doing the lens taping and they deemed it espionage and tampering w security equipment. Well I can't say it wasn't but I didn't intend it to be espionage or mean anything bad by it and I just didn't want anyone to have to see me use bathroom but I know a lot better now. I've been known to be a knuckle head so they told me just be a star model employee and don't rock any boats.

thanks for the advice

fatnhappy
01-28-2015, 06:58 PM
**** happens apparently.

odfairfaxsub
01-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Haha that was the joke broseph!!! We called it "are you $?!$ing me" kinda of moment

lightman
01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Congrats on getting your job back! Just watch your back. I have a camera in my company truck and 3 different tracking devices! Yeah, thats right, 3. Can't wait for my last day at work!

jeepyj
01-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Best of luck, sounds like your going to make the best of it. Congrats
jeepyj

odfairfaxsub
02-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Just had my first two days. Great to be back