PDA

View Full Version : Please give me a few kind thoughts if you have a moment.........

3006guns
01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Most of you don't actually know me.....I'm 65 and just another member on this forum who enjoys casting and shooting, but I'd like to ask for some kind thoughts and maybe a prayer or two.

For well over four years I've been suffering with a medical condition....spinal stenosis.....wherein my spinal cord is slowly being squeezed by the vertibrae in my spine. It's gotten to the point where shooting has become only a fond memory and just walking to the bathroom was agony. I finally had enough of the pain and sought the help of a surgeon about six months ago. We had surgery scheduled and as luck would have it there was a foul up with Medicare and I was unable to get it done until everything got straightened out. That finally happened and I'm going in next Tuesday, thank God.

The procedure is routine these days and the surgeon can "pretty much guarantee" relief afterwards, but I'm more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. However if it will let me resume my life and enjoy my family and hobbies again......it's worth it. Getting older is not for the squeamish.

bear67
01-27-2015, 04:51 PM
You said it "Thank God." Prayers will be said for you and the Doctor doing the proceedure.

Nueces
01-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Good luck to you, Sir. I hope to hear from you that you're back on the range soon.

GOPHER SLAYER
01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I can sympathize with your condition, not from my experience but from my brother's. He told me that he can hardly walk to the mail box. I will pray for you and your surgeon. If I ever make it up your way I will stop in and say hello. God bless and good luck.

jmort
01-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Praying for a great result. I am well aware of you Brother as I always noticed you were in Alturas. If you have to live in this State, that is a great place to be

odfairfaxsub
01-27-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm so happy it's a near routine surgery and that your just that close to getting it done!!! Thank god it's so close it can be tasted.

Haha ha long tailed cat In a room full of rocking chairs I love it!

gwpercle
01-27-2015, 05:45 PM
You will be included in my daily prayers.
Have faith and keep a positive outlook, it helps.
Gary

flyingmonkey35
01-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Good luck and god bless

foesgth
01-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent your way. Here in the Granola state we need all our shooters healthy and ready to battle Sacramento.

Lloyd Smale
01-27-2015, 06:00 PM
I will say prayers for your fast recovery.
Most of you don't actually know me.....I'm 65 and just another member on this forum who enjoys casting and shooting, but I'd like to ask for some kind thoughts and maybe a prayer or two.

For well over four years I've been suffering with a medical condition....spinal stenosis.....wherein my spinal cord is slowly being squeezed by the vertibrae in my spine. It's gotten to the point where shooting has become only a fond memory and just walking to the bathroom was agony. I finally had enough of the pain and sought the help of a surgeon about six months ago. We had surgery scheduled and as luck would have it there was a foul up with Medicare and I was unable to get it done until everything got straightened out. That finally happened and I'm going in next Tuesday, thank God.

The procedure is routine these days and the surgeon can "pretty much guarantee" relief afterwards, but I'm more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. However if it will let me resume my life and enjoy my family and hobbies again......it's worth it. Getting older is not for the squeamish.

castalott
01-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Sincere Prayers for Faith, Relief, Healing, Skill, and Mercy.

3006guns
01-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks folks...........knew I could count on fellow shooters.

By the way, the surgeon is a gun owner also if I remember correctly.

Reaper
01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis last week and have an appointment with the neuro surgeon on the eleventh of February. Prayers to you for a good outcome. Let us/me how it turns out.

square butte
01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Prayers for you and your surgeon. May the Good Lord hold you both in the palm of His hand and bless the outcome in Jesus's name

jcren
01-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Prayer sent, wish you a full and speedy recovery.

pworley1
01-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Prayers and best wishes for you Sir. My brother (64) had a similar surgery a few months ago, He said he had almost instant relief. I hope your surgery goes as well.

trys357
01-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Prayers to you sir ... agony will be relieved and you'll be out shooting again.

Bo1
01-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Prayers said for you, your family, and your doctor...
Bo

DLCTEX
01-27-2015, 07:03 PM
I feel your pain and am praying for your sucessful relief. I have been mostly in bed since mid November with compressed discs in lower and middle back plus stenosis in my neck. May the Lord bless us both.

shoot-n-lead
01-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Prayer sent for a successful procedure and recovery.

Also, be encouraged as this is generally very good at providing relief from those symptoms that you are having.

shdwlkr
01-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Prayer for you, your doctor, the hospital and your family
May the pain you suffer be gone and life again what you would like it to be

3006guns
01-27-2015, 08:11 PM
I feel your pain and am praying for your sucessful relief. I have been mostly in bed since mid November with compressed discs in lower and middle back plus stenosis in my neck. May the Lord bless us both.

.......and I feel your pain too. Literally! To others lucky enough to avoid this malady, you haven't lived until you've had to crawl on all fours down the hall to the bathroom. Then comes the problem of how to get up on to the seat..........

I hope you've seen a doctor and have the process underway to receive surgery.

histed
01-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Just read this. Prayers sent for a successful operation, speedy recovery and peace of mind for you and your family.

fivegunner
01-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Getting older not as much fun as it once was!!

depoloni
01-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Prayers for you and your surgeon!

BLTsandwedge
01-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Yu got it. I've had two laminectomies and one arthroscopic surgery....largely due to the stuff I did in the Army. I know where you are. I live with a very small dose of narcotic- and after the surgeries I'm on the friggin' golf course every chance I can, as well as on the shooting range (much preferable, if not more isolated). You will not regret your surgery provided you don't crawl down the hole of self-doubt and narcotic use. Use the prescriptions but don't let them use you. G_d is with you.

Artful
01-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Prayers for your procedure to be smooth and successful, you to recover fully and quickly, your doctor to have a great day and that your family will enjoy many years of activity with you.

Thank the lord for all the good works we can do for each other these days.

leeggen
01-27-2015, 08:40 PM
I had neck spine surgery in 1993, total discecnomy(sp) Never have regretted it. Felt grand immediatly after. Good luck and keep your stength up phyiscly and mentally. Follow the Dr.s orders to the T.
CD

Bzcraig
01-27-2015, 08:52 PM
It is done in Jesus name!

MaryB
01-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Prayer for a good outcome, I had it done in 2009 and am back to having low back issues but this time it is the discs disintegrating on me. Fusion n my future. After i had it done the relief was instant although the first 2 weeks recovery are kind of tough. Walk after! As much as you can!

smoked turkey
01-27-2015, 09:52 PM
3006guns praying the the great physician will minister to you during this ordeal you are suffering through, and that He will enable the medical team to do a perfect work on you during the procedure. I am also asking that your healing will be so extensive that you will be back to normal activities soon.

maxreloader
01-27-2015, 09:57 PM
the best of luck and hopefully the doctor can operate like we cast boolits!

Alan in GA
01-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Ask God to be with you and the surgeon. I pray in the name of Jesus for your well being.

Firebricker
01-27-2015, 10:09 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers ! Way too many of us here know all to well the pain a bad back can inflict I truly hope and pray this gets out shooting again. FB

9mmsubgun-m11
01-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Good luck! Pain is no fun as I can somewhat relate to having to crawl to the bathroom when the gout in my feet shows up unannounced.

Wayne Smith
01-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Praying for both you and the doctors as you go through this challenge.

Hickok
01-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Prayers in the name of Jesus for your well being.

**oneshot**
01-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Hope to hear your back out shooting by spring

blackthorn
01-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Prayers and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

Clay M
01-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Will pray for a successful surgery, and quick recovery.
Wishing you the best...

Harter66
01-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Thoughts and prayers.

Recluse
01-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Let us know (I'm sure you will :)) how it turns out. Prayers your way for a smooth and positive experience.

:coffee:

woody1
01-28-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't know what you're having done but my wife finally got bad enough (spinal stenosis) that she had surgery. Laminectomy on 4 levels and a couple vertebra fused. She's 62 now and had the surgery 13 months ago. She's now much improved with much less pain. Make sure you go thru all the physical therapy they'll give you and do your exercises faithfully. You'll never feel like 17 again but you should be able to do a lot of the things you like to do. It will take time. Best wishes for a successful surgery. Woody

GhostHawk
01-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Prayers are inbound!

gray wolf
01-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Prayer said for you, and my personel wish for a speedy recovery.

wallenba
01-29-2015, 01:48 AM
I can sympathize. I have it too, at my L2-L3, with spinal cord impingement. I have to take care about how much I lift at one time, as the extra weight, as you know adds to the spinal column load. My legs go numb between my hips and knees if I stand too long. Pain can be intense. My physical therapy taught me a lot, and I got some home equipment to help keep my lower back muscles strong. It helps. Walk with a cane, pushing down on your weak side unloads the spine a bit.
I try not to let it stop me from shooting though. Regulars at my range are always willing to hang my targets for me, and a range cart helps move things around. Still my outings are not as long as they used to be. Hang in there, ask your doc what pain meds you can tolerate, and don't over use them.
Good luck with the procedure, I'm putting mine off until I absolutely have to. I have a problem with anesthesia.

w5pv
01-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Had the procedure done in 1996 felt better comming out of surgey than I had in years.I will give you a few kind words and pray for your quick recover

DeputyDog25
02-01-2015, 04:40 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you friend. I suffer from the same condition, plus some. I have not had the surgery yet because of red tape, but I certainly pray that yours goes well and you are up and about again.