PDA

View Full Version : Need help with RCBS LUBE-A-MATIC® SIZER

GSSP
01-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Help. My lube Plunger came off the Threaded Rod and it can't get out....of the Reservoir.

Alan

Went2kck
01-25-2015, 02:40 PM
did you try turning it upside down?

GSSP
01-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Yesterday evening, I heated the entire unit in the oven, on warm, and drained what little lube remained in the reservoir. Yes, I did turn the unit upside down and smacked it a bunch of times on the top my plastic garbage can that the garbage man picks up. The Plunger still would not come out. I reinserted the entire Threaded Rod assembly, hoping the male threads of the rod would catch the female threads of the Plunger but no joy.

Viper21773
01-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Take the top cap off the threaded rod and you will be able to thread it into the plunger.

GSSP
01-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Viper,

That was my thought too. I pulled the C-clip or retainer ring from the top of the Threaded Rod, hoping to get the rod out of the Reservoir cap but it won't come out. Any tricks to that? If the Threaded Rod does come out of the Reservoir cap, does it go downward?

GSSP
01-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Ok, I figured the Threaded Rod just might need a little coaxing, so a few taps with a 8oz ballpeen and out she came. Stuck the threaded rod down far enough to engage the female threads of the Plunger and was able to pull it out. Now, the new issue is, I can't seem to get the Threaded Rod to fully thread into the Plunger father than just flush.

Dale53
01-26-2015, 12:45 AM
GSSP;
It might be time for you to call RCBS. They have been extremely helpful to others in the past and recent past. Their service has been reported to be exemplary. I have a number of pieces of RCBS equipment (including two bottom pour pots, several die sets, a reloading press, powder measure, bullet molds, AND a luber/sizer etc. for many years and have been fortunate to not need any service. Just lucky, no doubt.

Give them a call and I would be willing to bet that they'll help you out.

FWIW
Dale53

DeadWoodDan
02-01-2015, 11:12 AM
WOW this just happened to me this A.M. / 30min. ago.....I was lucky enough to put the cap / top back on and backed it out unscrewing opposite direction and was lucky enough that it backed out, and pulled it out. I have had about a dozen sticks gone through this if 5 or so years of owning.

Also wanted to mention that I left a light on it while searching for " an answer"

good luck

DeadWoodDan
02-01-2015, 11:13 AM
had to post so to subscribe,......