PDA

View Full Version : LASC Web Page

alamogunr
01-23-2015, 10:52 AM
"There used to be an ad type link to the LA Club's webpage where a lot of Glen's stuff is available but I don't see it anymore."

It is still here, at the bottom of the page.

The above question was asked and answered in the "high velocity with cast" thread. Not wanting to gum up that thread, I'm asking my question here.

I have no link at the bottom of any page. Do I have a setting wrong?

btroj
01-23-2015, 10:55 AM
I think the page was hijacked and the owner is working to fix it.

I suggest you PM Cbrick, he can get you a link if it exists

alamogunr
01-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks, I've found it in my bookmarks. I just have to move the bookmark somewhere I can find it.

aspangler
01-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Link is at the bottom of this page. Worked ok for me just 1 minute ago.

geargnasher
01-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking the link works because it is to the "cast bullet notes" page, not the lasc main page, which is the one having problems.

Gear

mdi
01-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Link is at the bottom of this page. Worked ok for me just 1 minute ago.
Me too...

dtknowles
01-23-2015, 02:35 PM
The link is not a traditional link it is more like a banner ad near the bottom of every page, right above the Cablela's ad

Tim

alamogunr
01-23-2015, 05:01 PM
OK! I found the problem. I had AdBlock enabled. It is still enabled except this site is exempted. It may have been enabled from the time I first started using Firefox.

cbrick
01-23-2015, 07:27 PM
The index page to lasc.us has been hacked somehow. Both the URL and IP address are still correct but somehow someone is redirecting traffic from my index page to who knows where. All other pages are still there, still working but obviously not from the front (index) page. I'm still trying to figure it out and have had a few others stumped so far including the host server. I could buy a new domain name and transfer the entire site to it but EVERYBODY worldwide that has links or bookmarks to lasc.us would loose them.

Sorry to everyone that's been inconvenienced, I'm still scratching my head over it.

Rick

geargnasher
01-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks for weighing in, Rick. Best of luck with the problem.

Gear

cbrick
01-24-2015, 12:34 PM
lasc.us (http://www.lasc.us) is back thanks solely, completely & totally to the efforts of CastBoolits own gtgeorge. He donated his entire Saturday morning to figuring out and solving the issue with hijacked index page. I have no idea how I can possibly thank him enough. Even got info from him on better software so I can keep it up & running.

George you da man. Anyone in or near Georgia that needs a transmission George is your man. GT Transmissions (http://www.gttransmissions.com/)

Rick

01-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Is there an old fashioned paper publication of the LASC articles? I'd like that and a paper copy (published) of the Ingot's to Targets work as well.
Printing them myself isn't an option.

freebullet
01-24-2015, 12:42 PM
That's great news! I'm glad to see such a helpful resource fixed. Thanks George & Cbrick

alamogunr
01-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Is there an old fashioned paper publication of the LASC articles? I'd like that and a paper copy (published) of the Ingot's to Targets work as well.

Rick will have to address your question. I printed Ingot to Target on my home printer. It is a real headache. One I probably created myself. It also uses mucho ink.

I've got several full length books(EX:Paco Kelly's book on lever guns) that I printed at work,back before I retired(with permission). Then I had access to people that knew what they were doing and could tell me the best way. Also had access to a manual machine that would plastic comb bind a book. Those books are a treasure.

gtgeorge
01-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks Rick but I was happy to help in any way I could. Beautiful resource and hated to see it defaced by useless hacks. A bigger thanks goes out to archive.org where I was able to get the code for the original page :)

cbrick
01-24-2015, 01:44 PM

If you have a memory stick (they are about $5) you can download to it, take that to Kinkos and they can print it out and bind it for you. Binding is pretty cheap, don't know what they get for the printing. With double sided printing the book "From Ingot To Target" will be about 180 pages or 90 sheets of paper.

Rick

EDIT to add: If you decide to do this be sure to use the pdf file and not the html, the pdf will print out in book form.