PDA

View Full Version : Belle goes squirrel hunting by herself

ohland
01-21-2015, 04:50 PM

Got out to run Belle down at the rifle range. Instead of going forward as she almost always does, she zipped back. Odd. She runs so fast that it doesn't bother me anymore when she does that. About a minute later I heard her yip. Nothing more. Eventually, she came running back over the parking lot, and I could see something in her mouth. Huh...

She ran over to the old retrobate and gave him the squirrel...

As I have said about Brittanies, if they had thumbs, they would tell us to shut up, give them the gun, and go back to the truck. They would be back when they are done.

Looks like it finally happened.

My replacement Garmin Astro 320 controller came in today, flashed it to 4.20, AA NiMH charging downstairs, already charged the DC50 collar. I suspect we are going bunny hunting (squirrel too!).

Never would have imagined she'd git r done like that.

runfiverun
01-21-2015, 06:44 PM
when you get a dog that'll hunt they will go hunting.
they don't care what it is, when it is, or where it is.
I had a dog [Five] that brought me my shotgun a few times when we would sit out in front of the garage too long.
that's where I would sit to shoot starlings when they went to get in the water trough and I guess she figured since we were there...

RED333
01-21-2015, 07:24 PM
A few more like Belle and you wont need a gun anymore.
With more than 3 Belle's they could take down a deer.

MaryB
01-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Way to cool and think of the 22 ammo you can save!

ohland
01-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Way to cool and think of the 22 ammo you can save!

What is this "22 ammo" you speak of? You mean the $30 a box stuff at gun shows?

Bohica793
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
What is this "22 ammo" you speak of? You mean the $30 a box stuff at gun shows?

$30? Must have been on sale...

Freightman
01-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Got a Dachshund who catches the treerats then wants to bring them in the house blood and all.

Fergie
01-22-2015, 01:28 PM
I've got a Springer/Border Collie mix that went squirrel hunting while we were doing time in L.A. for grad school.

Imagine a bark park full of PETA types, watching as Sierra(the dog), grabbed a ground squirrel near its hole after it wandered out too far, bit it a few times, let it run off, and proceeded to chase it down and tear it to shreds.

Tennis ball wasn't cutting I guess.

I was more irritated that she wasn't following my commands than anything else. It wasn't until she was done, and I looked around and saw the looks of terror from the owners that I realized that squirrels were not toys. All the other dogs were happy as all get out though. One Great Dane pup wandered over and licked the carcass and the owner about fainted.

Now we are back in AZ and the squirrels are fair game!

CastingFool
01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Had a cat that was a great hunter, he brought a duck home one time.