PDA

View Full Version : You've got 15 minutes. What ten items will you grab on the way out?

WILCO
01-21-2015, 11:08 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::holy sheep:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

prsman23
01-21-2015, 11:14 AM
1. Hair gel
2. Cologne
3. Toothbrush
4. Toothpaste
5. Holster
6. Gun
7. Ammo
8. Knife
9. Car keys
10. Condoms

Where are we going again?

snuffy
01-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Out of what? Where ya goin? If you mean bug out, not doing that, staying rite heyar.

If you mean out of here when it's on fire, myself, my dog and whatever guns are outside the gunsafe. If a faire stast where the powder and primers are stored, I won't have 15 minutes, maybe 5!

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-21-2015, 11:27 AM
I'd rather go down with the ship, then spend 15 days in a Lifeboat and die from dehydration.

>>> Take that as a Metaphor for most any SHTF situation.

Beagle333
01-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Six guns, one ammo can, one wife, two cats. Let's go!!!

(and don't tell her I put her as an "item")

brstevns
01-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Wife, Dog, Cash and what guns I can grab.

GoodOlBoy
01-21-2015, 11:41 AM
pants, flipflops, knife.... from there we can wing it....

GoodOlBoy

geargnasher
01-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Ahhhh, just enough time to kick back in the easy chair and enjoy a cigar and a good scotch.

Gear

Certaindeaf
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
A lawn chair and a beer? lol

nagantguy
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
If we are going and not coming back, our 3 b.o.b.'s primary rifles and pistolas dutch oven, seed bank and photo album. ( there is already a Bible in our bags)

trapper9260
01-21-2015, 12:29 PM
It depends on why I only have that much time .

shdwlkr
01-21-2015, 12:56 PM
It all depends on why I am leaving and for how long
If I am going because of fire whatever I can get out of the fire
If I am going because shtf still everything Ican put in the truck
mostly my cat, dog, food, reloading supplies and my bible might want to do some reading don't you know, all the diesel I have on hand and disappear right proper, I am in idaho lots of mountains to disappear into if needed.

Love Life
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
1. Cigs
2. Booze
3. Dirty Magazines
4. Toilet paper
5. Guns (maybe)
6. Lighter
7. A bag of chips
8. Taco Bell gift card
9. Deck of cards that is missing 3 cards
10. Bubblegum

DickelDawg
01-21-2015, 01:12 PM
I agree with snuffy....not goin' anywhere. Got my guns, bourbon, cigars, wife, dog. If anyone wants anything I've got they will pay dearly for it!

DR Owl Creek
01-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch...

Smoke4320
01-21-2015, 01:53 PM
If we are talking about EOTW situations A 300 blackout and 9 loaded Mags .. from there I can get all I need

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-21-2015, 01:58 PM
It is going to depend why I am leaving, what I would grab

Lloyd Smale
01-21-2015, 02:04 PM
my dog, guns, ammo, toilet paper, knife, flashlight, toilet paper, jug of shine in the loading room, toilet paper. WOOPS I forgot the wife.

Harter66
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
2 sets of truck keys
Miss
2 grands
1 dog
2 trailers while Miss hauls guns.
spare tires
gas cans.

Freightman
01-21-2015, 02:39 PM
cant run! just sit in my recliner with my wife and dog and enjoy if I am going to die aint going to die tired.

aspangler
01-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Too old to run, too onnery to not fight, too smart to let them know I know they are coming.

runfiverun
01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
15?
i'll let the wife handle it she can be up and out the door in under 3 minutes most day's,,, unless we are going out to dinner or sumthin.

MT Gianni
01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
I wish you would mix up the answers, I keep voting for #3.
Bags 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 22/20 Savage 410, BLR 308 & wife.

groovy mike
01-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Why and where?
To the airport ? Keys, wife, kid, wallet, and passports.
To the hills this time of year? wife, kid, wallet, boots, coats, go bags, rifle, shotgun, carbine, ammo.

Artful
01-21-2015, 03:12 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::holy sheep:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hmmm, you forgot your 10 items unless it's popcorn and your favorite ewe...

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
01-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Well the only problem I can see for me is!!! I am NOT leaving, to hard headed. let the zombies come. :-)

btroj
01-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Come on Wilco, we all need to just grab our bugout bags and go. What a stupid question.

You aren't a prepper, are you?

jcwit
01-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Staying where I'm at.

Come and get some!

popper
01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Wallet( with SS & medicare, $5)
keys
meds
walker
wife's cell phone
40SW, 9mm, 300BO, 308 & ammo
last years income tax statements (ya never know)

rmatchell
01-21-2015, 05:23 PM
Do we have to take the wife?

runfiverun
01-21-2015, 06:37 PM
most of them won't be ready in 15 minutes and that's all you got.

btroj
01-21-2015, 07:23 PM

Do you have a choice?

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
01-21-2015, 07:23 PM

No but don't for get the girlfriend :-P

DCM
01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Why am I leaving???
Is someone in need of assistance if so what kind of assistance? Car, $$$, legal, etc???
Other than that I aint goin nowhere.

GhostHawk
01-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Knife, check
Gun, check
Ammo, check
Firestarter, check
Water, check

Everything else depends on where I'm headed and how long I'm planning to be out.

I spent a night once out in the woods starting with only 4-5 things in my pocket and my Ruger 10/22 and a spare clip.
Snowshoe hare ambled by about the point where I'd chosen my spruce tree to shelter in.
This was in late December, 2 feet of snow on the ground, temps pushing 0.
I ate well, slept a little off and on, learned a lot. Gained some confidence and lost some cockyness.

MaryB
01-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Basic bug out gear aka winter survival gear rides in the truck year round and includes everything needed to live a month or more. So toss in the cats, rest of the ammo, the contents of the gun safe and go.

But why bug out when where I live is in a great place to bug IN with comfort! 2,400 watts of solar, 928 amp hour battery bank, year++ worth of food... and enough friends and family to defend it.

ballistim
01-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Not enough info about where I'm going or why...

JWFilips
01-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Well that is a tough Decision: Hands down........My Cats, My Guns, My Wife! ( in that order) Don't let her know I said this!;-) Why? .....Because She can take care of herself pretty well! & I'm pretty proud of that!
Oh Heck I guess I only need 3

WILCO
01-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Hmmm, you forgot your 10 items unless it's popcorn and your favorite ewe...

Hhahaha! Those aren't my ten items Art.

Thank you for all the responses. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
I chose 10 items in 15 minutes because I'm curious to know what would be grabbed. Other information was excluded, because it's not relevant. Please feel free to repost your answers or thoughts if you care to.........and just for the record, I'm not a prepper. [smilie=s:

Lloyd Smale
01-22-2015, 08:58 AM
best answer
cant run! just sit in my recliner with my wife and dog and enjoy if I am going to die aint going to die tired.

30Carbine
01-22-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't tell no one what I am doing especially on the net. when it comes to bugging in or out. remember there are others that can see this and can make you a target. i'm just sayin. paranoid maybe, realist absolutely.

cajun shooter
01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
First of all I'll have to say, Here we go again. Wilco has started a thread that is most likely going to be equal to the lube groove thread we had some years back. I'm a former sniper and 68 years of age with some bad medical problems, so I'm like the guy you see that is wounded and tells the others to go on. I would tell my wife to get the dog and stay down if this turns bad. I would then remove my rifle and bag of magazines and sit in my recliner watching the current news programs. Watching all of the nuts running over each other.
Back in 2005 when Katrina was headed to our home, my wife was all beside herself as to what we should take. I told her that it was all insured and of no use to us on the road. I had her load all of the medical supplies, two dogs and cash from the safe along with just two changes of clothes. I loaded one black rifle, one shotgun, one 22 and two handguns. If we could not survive on that then it was time to say a prayer. Later David

shredder
01-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Ahhhh, just enough time to kick back in the easy chair and enjoy a cigar and a good scotch.

Gear

Bwa ha ha! I lost it! Thanks Gear!

lbaize3
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Fifteen minutes is about enough time to put a welcome sign out front and load a few more magazines....

Harter66
01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
I thought this was a scramble for NCBS......

ballistim
01-22-2015, 02:08 PM
OK, I've decided, not going anywhere so everything stays here with me.

Recluse
01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Lots and lots of toilet paper. After all, if the SHTF, it's going to be messy. . .

:coffee:

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Hhahaha! Those aren't my ten items Art.

Thank you for all the responses. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
I chose 10 items in 15 minutes because I'm curious to know what would be grabbed. Other information was excluded, because it's not relevant. Please feel free to repost your answers or thoughts if you care to.........and just for the record, I'm not a prepper. [smilie=s:
As posted earlier, I really doubt I would leave the "Nest".
BUT...If I were to...it'd be for the last time.
I guess I'll start with the truck I'll be leaving with and load it up.

1. 1971 Chev C20 Camper special
2. All the Cash I have on hand
3. All the "Full" Gas cans I have on hand
4. All The fresh water I have jugs for
5. 22LR Rifle with scope (probably the CZ)
6. Ammo can full of 22LR ammo
7. 38spl revolver, S&W snubnose
8. Ammo can full of 38spl ammo
9. Cooler full of Meat from the freezer.
10. Firewood, I'd fill the rest of the space in the Pickup box.

This would be when the Zombie's from Minneapolis spill into Glencoe, which is almost in the X-urb ring.

I doubt I'd last very long...unless I can make it out to MaryB's place ;)

oldsagerat
01-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Seven guns, all my ammo, Dillon 650, lifetime free hunting/fishing licence. My wife can carry her own stuff.

GOPHER SLAYER
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Two years ago a policeman knocked on my door and told me I had twenty minutes to get out. He went on to say the fire may be here before that. While my wife grabbed some picture albums I stuffed about ten pistols in a large briefcase. No way I could take long guns to a local motel. Fortunately between wind shift, borate bombers and some brave fire fighters our area was spared the flames. It is a situation everyone should be prepared for.

Clay M
01-22-2015, 08:26 PM
My Tally Whacker and my Red Telecaster..oh and my 335..

MaryB
01-23-2015, 02:12 AM
Bout another 70 miles further west... far enough that anyone on foot will likely be shot before they get this far.

As posted earlier, I really doubt I would leave the "Nest".
BUT...If I were to...it'd be for the last time.
I guess I'll start with the truck I'll be leaving with and load it up.

1. 1971 Chev C20 Camper special
2. All the Cash I have on hand
3. All the "Full" Gas cans I have on hand
4. All The fresh water I have jugs for
5. 22LR Rifle with scope (probably the CZ)
6. Ammo can full of 22LR ammo
7. 38spl revolver, S&W snubnose
8. Ammo can full of 38spl ammo
9. Cooler full of Meat from the freezer.
10. Firewood, I'd fill the rest of the space in the Pickup box.

This would be when the Zombie's from Minneapolis spill into Glencoe, which is almost in the X-urb ring.

I doubt I'd last very long...unless I can make it out to MaryB's place ;)

BrassMagnet
01-23-2015, 09:25 AM

Is eating possible without the wife?

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Is eating possible without the wife?

sure I do the cooking , now the teen age daughters , they may stay can't go 20 minutes without a fight

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-23-2015, 11:50 AM
actually when we had a fire this fall , I got it out before it spread , we started asking ourselves a similar question 2 parts

what do you grab as your walking out the door fire alarm blaring , that came to 2 things besides making sure all the kids are out , the bag in the file cabinet with all the important papers , and the backup external hard drive with all the photos

in typing this I realized I should photo copy all the important papers and send a copy to my dad

now my wife has been saying "we have to much stuff" and I alwasy said ok , make a list fo what you want to get rid of and it just never happened.
but she with this second question. What would you replace if the house burned ? she has been cleaning a lot of things , some things are going in a sentimental box to go to storage but most things are going in boxes for donation

I had a similar revilation several years after college , a why did I drag all that stuff around in 5 moves all I needed was 2 folding tables , a bed and cloths , 2 plates 2 glasses , a pot and 2 skillets a few forks and less than a drawer of utensils , but when I moved out my mom gave me a full set of dishes and she got new ones , a full set of silver ware , a cupboard full of glasses, pots and pans , I should have been able to move in one trip with room to spare in my pickup and it would regularily take me 3-4
I dragged a set of couches around , a desk , end tables , lamps yes it looked like a normal apartment but it didn't need to

leftiye
01-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Look at "Naked and Afraid" (better known as outright starvation for three weeks) and take it from there. First item is shoes, second is firestarter(s), third is cutting tools, fourth is firearms, fifth is tarps and clothes - a complete all weather outfit, sixth is portable food (water purification/filtering included), binocs, etc. Maslow's "heirarchy of needs" safety, shelter, food, etc. in that order.

Being invisible is a worthy goal. Bad guys walk in to projectiles whilst running their gums. Fighting your way through is planning to get dead.

Dave18
01-25-2015, 11:31 AM
and awful long on the time, arnt you, reality is more like 5 maybe 10,

having been ran over once, airborn one ,tearing off tree tops, got to look up the center of it(it was coming in faster than I realized then on top of me, almost surreal, here you are standing staring at a tornado and just stood there taking it all in, outside of some nicks and cuts from flying stuff, , along with 6months of cleaning up tree tops, roofing ect,))

for me the most realistic reason to bug out is them PIA things that come out of the clouds called tornaders, that tend to tear things up, for that , already prepositioned, 5min, we are out back in the storm cellar, with the radios/scanners running listening where all the action is, in the summer , the important things are already out back, and all we need to do is grab ourselves, the dogs, some everyday things, and walk out back and wait,

ice storm, them things are everything went slow motion, so no big deal, throw another log in the stove and hangout on the net;)

as to floods, if the water makes it to my house, it will be as in the days of noah, so don't have issues there,

as to fires, got fire extinguishers in every room of the house, with garden hose connectors in 2 places, since Im on the edge of the district, response is slow enough, if you don't get it out in the first 5 min , its game over, and so far know over 5 people who saved their place with that set up, all the fires were in the open, not in the walls, part of the reason I don't load my circuits in the walls, the heavy loads are actually been rewired, with heavier wire and isolated circuits, and in conduit
something about being in industrial maint you see things happen that you go, aint gonna let that happen to me, and did things to prevent the opportunity of it happening,

Multigunner
01-25-2015, 12:11 PM
1.Knife,2. source of fire,3. handgun with several hundred rounds of ammo, 4.small bore rifle with several thousand rounds (I keep tins of .22 and a spare mag stored in the hollow buttstock as well)5. and Eule Gibbon's book "stay alive in the woods".
6.Whatever food including fruit juices I could stuff in a knapsack,7. bedroll with space blanket and plastic sheeting,8. first aid kit with my pain meds, 9.transistor radio , 10.folding saw, Sturdy trowel.
If I left Eule Gibbons book behind, which I probably would since I don't remember where I saw it last, I'd take a sturdy trowel. A trowel has many possible uses, not the least of which is to dig a hole to take a dump in.

Actually a trowel and folding saw along with thick plastic sheeting and space blanket are all you need to build a very nice shelter in the woods. Twine isn't a necessity since the common creeper vines are plentyful and make a good substitute.

I have a late edition military survival manual but I found I'd already learned all they wrote of when I was a scout.

If I didn't take a radio then years after the emergency had ended I'd still be out there eating small game and tree bark, and waylaying hikers to rob them of their trailmix.

WILCO
01-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Bump!

waynem34
01-31-2015, 09:53 PM
Is everyone else going? Cause if they are I'm staying home.I hate crowds! If domes day no need to run get a recliner and fav adult bev aKABLUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and nice fat doobie.

badbob454
02-01-2015, 03:08 PM
probably stay home less i havent got one left..
otherwise
bug out bag (ready to go ) 22rf /358 win / 40 cal s&w...ammo boxes and cash

waynem34
02-01-2015, 07:28 PM
I think the ammo would be worth more than cash? Heavy.

badbob454
02-03-2015, 02:33 AM
yes im ammo poor ... it worth much more than the cash i have at hand . ha ha

WILCO
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Bump!

.30-06 fan
03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Security maverick 88 and ammo
BOB
Holy bible

GaryN
03-05-2015, 09:13 PM
1. A couple of guns(does that count as two items)
2. As much ammo as I might need.
3. As much mountain money as I might need.
4. Knife
5. Compass
6. Water with the filter to get more water.
7. Handful of granola bars.
8. Slicker
9. Matches and/or lighters
10. More ammo

Wis. Tom
03-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Bug out bag, extra mummy sleeping bags( if it's this cold), medical kit, extra bug out bags for kids and wife packed with a takedown 10/22 and 22lr ammo, AK with tact vest loaded with full mags and 1911 45ACP, and bible, because if it's so bad at our place in the backwoods, we are going to need the Lord like never before.

km101
03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Too proud to run, too old to scare, need meds that I might not have access to if I bug-out, so I'm stayin' right here.

If I'm on fire, I can't get enough stuff out in 10 minutes to make much of a difference. But it would be: guns, ammo, cash, food, meds. (not necessarily in that order)

If it's a SHTF situation, then all my stuff is here and anyone that wants it can have it after I'm dead, but they will pay a high price for it. I have planned and prepared for that situation.

garym1a2
03-06-2015, 09:44 AM
3 dogs (cats stay behind)
Dog food
people food
toothbrush and paste
bar of soap
lb of salt.
ar15 shorty&load of ammo
Glock22 and ammo
truck and afull tank of diesel

WILCO
08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
http://imghumour.com/assets/Uploads/Lets-Bump.jpg

aap2
09-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Wife,cat,supressed AR15,bugout bag (ammo,meds,survival gear)..and a large bag of chips.