PDA

View Full Version : Lee liquid alox

James C. Snodgrass
02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
What do you all use to thin this stuff ? I don't think mine is to old but it has been cold in my garage. Doe's it need to be warmed? Thanks James:confused:

45nut
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Mineral Spirits works great to thin it, and a few < FEW !! > seconds in the microwave will warm it.

Blackhawk Convertable
02-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Need's to be warmed, for sure. I tried it once and wasn't totally happy with it. Now I use Johnson's Paste Wax and really like it. Like the LLA, you need to melt down a bit to get the desired results. I have an old pop can that I cut down to about 1" from the base and put a glob or two in to melt down on a hot plate. When runny, cover bullets and swirl them around to coat all.

Sprue
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Put a pan of water on the stove. Heat it up but DO NOT bring to a boil. Set the pan off to the side and put your alox bottle in it for about 30 seconds then shake.... repeat until thin enuff to your liking.

osage
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I also cut mine with mineral spirits. What ever I could fit in the new bottle and then topped it off as I used it until it was thin enough for my use. Never did get it thin enough to use the spout on the bottles lid.

357tex
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I use a lot of it .I run hot tap water in a small pan,put the bottle in it for 5min. and it runs like water.I use a toothpick to open the hole in the top.It is a simple thing to do.:confused: