PDA

View Full Version : PID is done ...new box ...re-wired...will it work?

mozeppa
01-19-2015, 10:14 PM
I spent all day making this new box fit the electronics

i went with what i was told by some of you fine folks and i'm still not sure if it'll work.

but here are some new pictures of everything i did..
now i know some electrician here is going to say why 2 different plug-ins...and run off in a tangent on how to do it differently for the sake of having only one plug in.

i'm not interested in cosmetics or saving 7 cents a decade by having one wire....i'm not a electrical egg head so typing a string
of abbreviated words and 3 or 4 letter acronyms will not mean anything to me.

just will it work?127993127994127996127997127999

kencha
01-20-2015, 11:06 AM
The 110V and 220V wiring looks correct. Any reason you left the MOV (blue disc) off? As said before, it isn't needed, but since you already have it, why not use it?

If you removed the wires on the thermocouple connector and/or PID, make sure the red is neg (-) and the yellow is *** (+) on both ends. Seems counterintuitive as red is usually associated with positive.

Otherwise, I'm unable to read the label or verify the wiring on the back of the PID. As long as you are certain that the PID is wired in like it was before it should be good to go.

mozeppa
01-20-2015, 11:15 AM
yup got every thing back where it was.

update to follow ....unless there's smoke.:holysheep

01-23-2015, 07:33 AM
Generally, with a thermocouple PID controller, if you miswire the polarity of the thermocouple, the temp goes down when you start to heat it up... shut it down, unplug it and rewire the thermocouple leads the opposite way and you should be gtg..

Power isn't so forgiving, but the thermocouple is simple to correct.

6bg6ga
01-23-2015, 07:39 AM
You have the clamps on the wires on the back tightened up too much. The idea isn't to try to crush the wire but to have enough tension on it to retain the wire. To be honest it looks a bit messy. The use of wire ties to manage the wires cleans up the project and makes it look like someone tried to do a good job. I doesn't take much longer to do it neater.

Retumbo
01-23-2015, 09:40 AM
You did just fine for your first kick at the cat