PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Score

TXGunNut
01-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Guys at the Ft Worth Cabelas Gun Library hand-delivered a "get well soon" card so I decided to drop by after the Dallas Safari Club show today. They had over a dozen nice enough 92's in all the right calibers but my resolution held firm, old green gun case came home empty. A few nice enough 1873's and an 1876 caught my eye, just nothing I wanted.
I'd already collected my score for the day; someone carelessly left a few pounds of H4350 on a shelf and I snatched up all I could. If you shop your local Cabelas tell the guys in reloading they have quite a bit of pistol powder in the warehouse; they were showing over 300 lbs of Bullseye, for example. No Hodgdon annuals on the shelf, guess I'll wander down there again next weekend.

popper
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Not much powder at the Allen store. I did get some SRP.

WILCO
01-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Nice!!!

happy7
01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
The Walmart where my daughter goes to school has some IMR 4350. The saleman said it isn't a very popular powder. I set him straight on that, but I already have plenty of the 4350. The ones I really are needing like H110/296 I can't find anywhere, probably because I already bought everyone out.

texassako
01-19-2015, 12:13 PM
I wish they did ship to store like Bass Pro. I will be over there tomorrow while in the area; so maybe they will get something in. Always fun to browse the gun library too.

TXGunNut
01-19-2015, 10:32 PM
I wish they did ship to store like Bass Pro. I will be over there tomorrow while in the area; so maybe they will get something in. Always fun to browse the gun library too.

They do ISP but for some reason they charge the haz-mat fee. Forgot to mention the old Marlins in the Library. Some of them have been there awhile, don't get to see vintage Marlins very often.

texassako
01-20-2015, 11:09 PM
They almost got me today. There was a Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington that was very clean, and it had the very hard to find Marbles sight hanging on the back. They were a bit proud of it though having just got it in and unwilling to haggle. They had a whole stack of the Hodgdon Annuals out by the powder aisle, and if you don't have the 2014 there is a stack in the Cave for $3 each.