PDA

View Full Version : A Newbe getting started with a 585HE needs Cast Bullets.

WBG
01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Hello. This looks like a great site. Lots of folks doing things, not just talking about them.

I want to hunt with cast bullets in .485 Lott and .585 HE ( Similar to 577 NE.)
I have very little experience with cast bullets and could sure use some help getting over the hump. If I can't buy bullets, I will happily start casting them.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction to either buy .585 cast bullets or to get set up for casting them? I sure will appreciate any help that I can get. I am doing research/reading but I am ready now to proceed with buying what I need.

I can imagine that this kind inquiry gets a little old for many of you. I promise to be a quick learner.

Thanks, WBG

Tatume
01-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Welcome aboard!

Tom at Accurate Molds will make the mold you need at a very reasonable price. See the last page of his catalog. If you don't see what you want, ask him. He will make it.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

WBG
01-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Tatume, That is what I will do. I have been reading this site and I realize now, that most of what I need to know is already here, and much more. I should have done this reading before I posted a general question.

I am having a ball reading this forum! Many people here are the "real deal"; as opposed to the "wannabees" on some other sites.

Ed Hubel is doing my barrel now. I may be able to get him to tell me the exact barrel bore/groove diameters then I will order my mold tomorrow from Tom.

I will be gone for a couple of weeks (Belize - Mayan Ruins.). Will talk later.

Thanks again, Brian