PDA

View Full Version : Zuerillium Alloy Bullets

leadman
01-16-2015, 01:21 AM
I bought a new 2015 Gun Digest today and when going thru it I found a picture on page 315 of 2 bullets. The caption stated they are: Two green-lead bullets, so called because of their similar ballistic properties, these two Zuerillium Alloy bullets are lead free.
The next page says they are they are a product of Accurate Ballistics Concepts. LLC. This company also makes a multiple impact bullet. The "inventor" is Todd Kuchman. How he can claim to be an "inventor" of zinc alloy and multiple part bullets is a stretch as these have been around for ages. I remember they were made in the 60's with Kirksite, another zinc alloy. Lyman used to sell a mold for multi piece bullets.

In doing a web search I could not find a website for the company but found additional information on the alloy. It is zinc based with copper and other metals.

Just re-read the article and noticed there is a website: www.mibullet.com. I'll have to check it out.

Just checked out the website and the multi piece bullet is a pretty unique projectile. The website did not have anything on the bullets which looked similar to a Lee tumble lube design in the photos in the Gun Digest. I think I will give them a call when I get the time.

Tatume
01-16-2015, 08:07 AM
I remember reading about these a couple of years ago. Since I can't afford to shoot high-tech bullets like these, I don't tend to pay much attention to them. If I had a few thousand to try I might be more interested.

Thanks for the information though.

Take care, Tom

depoloni
01-16-2015, 10:59 PM
I'd have to read further about the technology. But first instincts looking over their site briefly, I'd have to admit it seems hard to miss if the info is legit.
But my first instincts also tell me that the guy better be rocking a T-shirt, and skinny.

Sure bet it'd be fun if I was rich and had a squirrel or coon problem.

What am I missing? It looks impressive on paper, but am I assuming too much? Everything comes at a cost, performance wise (not to mention price).

Certaindeaf
01-17-2015, 12:29 AM
"Inventor" is simply a/the brand/name. It has nothing to do with "inventing" anything whatsoever.

44man
01-18-2015, 10:06 AM
It is hard to hang onto a comet to mine that stuff. I will stick with lead.