PDA

View Full Version : beautiful weather is realitive

Lloyd Smale
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I guess if your from the south it wouldnt make sense but today was a beautiful sunny 30 degree day and the first nice day in a while for us. Its been close to zero for a good long time. I took a ride up town to gander mountains sale and bought a couple kegs of powder and a portable deer blind all at 20 percent off (so that means at a realistic price) and came home and made a couple hundred lbs of #2 and sized a couple coffee cans of bullets. First time ive been out in the barn in about a month. Sure felt good.

Gussy
02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Yep, it's almost 50 here and sunny also. Snows almost gone around home, none in town. First really nice day in quite a while. I think I'm going to head home and prune the orchard. Maybe cut up a wind blown tree that fell in my shooting range.
Gus

wolfspotter
02-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Got my Ranch Dog 44 mould yesterday. Was in the 30's today so I shoveled a path to the picnic table out back and cast over 300 boolits. Can't wait to blast a few.
:castmine:

skullmount
02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Lloyd,

I am on the south end of Mich. and we have had plenty more $now this winter...today was a great day, we got out and split the rest of a pile of wood that was cut a few weeks back.
I still need to smelt a bit of lead I got from a friend, maybe on Monday, its going up to 38 f :-D

mroliver77
02-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Like Lloyed says, relative. But the sunshine is better than Prozac! Being divorced and living with a part time kid, a big dog and myself I am chief cook, housekeeper and bottle washer. Kid and I did house work all afternoon. I was told having a little one when I was 40 would keep me young. Seven years later I feel seven years older!
Skullmount, where in Mi? I am 45 min south of Adrian in Ohio. My ex is from Deerfield, Mi.
J

skullmount
02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
mroliver77,

tween Monroe and deeeetroit, New Boston mailing.

Youngest in high school in Monroe, oldest in Hillsdale at college.....

what town you in? :drinks:

02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
skullmount,
If that be Hillsdale College.... never been there but I like what they stand for... best to you regardless.

Weather? What weather? Seems all the same. Cloudy, 3ft snow/ice on ground for last two months, cold, recently mud mix, another 12" snow last night.... Seems normal to me :-? :roll: :-? :neutral:

Shot a few times recently but it be a challenge! Can only load so many variations for so many guns. Have load boxes stacked up for testing for at least a dozen shooters. Thank goodness I keep records of all of it or I'd have forgotten what the loads are by the time I can get out and do some decent shooting.

mainiac
02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
friday, 20 degrees or so,and went bass fishing- bass filets last night!!!! Today, mid 30,s and beutyfull sun, rode 50 miles on the skandic. Tommorow, white perch and trout fishing, supposed to be in the high 30,s. Yep, this is weather we have been waiting for all winter, makes a man feel good to be alive!

Slowpoke
02-24-2008, 12:17 AM
White Perch now there is a fun little fish, never tried them in the winter time, but in warmer weather they will keep you busy, pretty good scrapper's .

I would hate to have to choose between fishing and shooting, I fished with a rifle a time or two or three...... not as much fun as a pole but the frying pan never complained.

good luck

1Shirt
02-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Hit just above freezing here today, sun was bright, hardly any wind, and sure was nice befor the next batch of crud weather comes in. Daughter, grand daughter, son in law and I went to the range, and had it to ourselfs for over 2 hours. They are heading for Africa in May, and needed standing cross stick prictice with 06 and 270's. Grand daughter is 14 and they leave the day after school is out. Both shot pretty well of the sticks. Enough to group the majority of shots into a 9" paper plate at 100. Need to improve a mite, but they will get there. They were shooting cast driven at about 1900 or so. I raised the daughter as a shooter, and they are raising the grand daughter the same way.
Anyhow, life is good, today was great, and hope to see many, many more like it!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Bret4207
02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
High 20's yesterday. Fixed a snowmobile and played logger. More of the same today.

Ed Barrett
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Supposed to get to 42 here today, which is the warmest it's been in a month, still have about a foot of snow. Got about a couple of dozen loads to try if it's ever a nice day and the wind is below 20mph.

mroliver77
02-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Nother nice sunny day!!
Skullmount, Napoleon, tomato capital of the World? Big Campbell soup plant here. They bring veggies in from your area even.
J

mainiac
02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
friday, 20 degrees or so,and went bass fishing- bass filets last night!!!! Today, mid 30,s and beutyfull sun, rode 50 miles on the skandic. Tommorow, white perch and trout fishing, supposed to be in the high 30,s. Yep, this is weather we have been waiting for all winter, makes a man feel good to be alive!

sunday, caught the perch today,and just got done having a hice fish fry tonight. Also caught a nice brook trout. This aint shooting related, but it does seem good to be alive and breathing!!!!!!!!

osage
02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Upper 30's yesterday and low 40's today were making the snow backstop melt down some. No wood cutting today. So I got in some shooting with the GB 30carbine and a 45 230RNTL. Shot out of a pole barn to make brass recover easier. Carbine running better then it did at 5 degrees. All in all a nice couple of days to be out and about. Looks like snow instead of rain tomorrow so I'll have more time before having to build a rubber mulch backstop.

hammerhead357
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
No shooting here today. It was 88 deg. but swmbo wanted to go to a home and garden show in San Antonio. Can you say boring??? However it's about time for a short vacation so I will drag her along for a camping, fishing trip in a couple of weeks I hope. That is if the weather holds....Wes

Ken O
02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I left home to go shooting four days ago, the temp was -14, and I have about two foot of snow in the yard, I live about 20 miles SE of Kalkaska, MI.
I shot a Palma (800, 900 and 1000 yard) weekend match at Camp Butner, and am heading down to Palm Bay, Florida for thier 10 day 200 to 600 yard rifle matches and BBQs. Its nice being retired and having a hobby like shooting.
That said, I spent lots of time out on the ice fishing, and take lots of trips on the sled.

The Nyack Kid
02-25-2008, 01:04 AM
howdy
it was a nice 50 or so here today and sunny . i aint seen the sun for so long i forgot what it looks like . heck ive even seen some folks mowing their lawns ... IN FEBUARY . this takes sometime getting used to (five minutes ,or so! i dont hve a lawn to mow ) its a far cry from Montana, where winter lasts from October to April . ive been doing my part to help GlobalWarming , ive been burning gunpowder and old tires , you would not believe how many old tires one needs to burn in order to warm up a small area like western Washington.

skullmount
02-25-2008, 07:41 AM
skullmount,
If that be Hillsdale College.... never been there but I like what they stand for... best to you regardless.

I have been blessed!

My second one will start there this fall, God willing.

skullmount
02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Nother nice sunny day!!
Skullmount, Napoleon, tomato capital of the World? Big Campbell soup plant here. They bring veggies in from your area even.
J

Yup!

Just southwest of us a bit they grow lots of stuff.....a good majority of the fields around here have houses that have sprouted up on them.......

tanstafl10
02-25-2008, 08:07 AM
that's why I like coming to this site.... you guys have a great attitude about life....

it's not what you get in life, it's what you can squeeze out of what you get !!

Had a fine Sunday AM at the range. left the house at 7AM it was 17 degrees, almost canceled out. once I got there and scraped a couple inches of snow away to catch the brass, I got out the M1A and enjoyed myself. even the loads were starting to come together for me.

Bright and sunny all the time. about the time I was getting cold enough to consider calling it quits, my coffee (home roasted myself) and the sun just seemed to kick it up 10 - 15 degrees so I stayed another hour and shot up the rest of the ammo I had. Just me and a lot of quiet time to think. A nice start to the day.

Take care guys

HollandNut
03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
It is relative , we're having crazee weather , hot one day , cold the next , F3 tornado less than a mile from me two weeks ago .. Nice today , but more bad weather headed this way ..

miestro_jerry
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey,

Weather is relative, I like in eastern Ohio where it os cold and wet, but my son lives in central Florida, where it is warm. So weather is relative.

Jerry