PDA

View Full Version : Murder in Battle Creek Michigan

Thumbcocker
01-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Our public defender, who is from Michigan, told me about this crime. The victim was found in a bathtub full of milk surrounded by cut up bananas and strawberries. Law enforcement suspects.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............. a cereal killer.

Sensai
01-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Wish I hadn't read that !! :groner:

MrWolf
01-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Suspect was identified as Fruit Loop from Frankenberry.

frkelly74
01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
I was in the officers club at the Air National Guard Base in Battle Creek and there was a big banner on the wall that proclaimed that this was the gathering place of " The Cereal Killers".

Col4570
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
When they arrested him his defence was a bit Flakey.

A pause for the COZ
01-12-2015, 05:00 PM
D'oh!!!!!

Bad Water Bill
01-12-2015, 05:08 PM

:groner:[smilie=b::groner:

C. Latch
01-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Isn't there a giant breakfast cereal plant in Battle Creek? Somewhere in the dark corners of my memory it seems like I remember reading a cereal box as a kid with that town's name mentioned on it.

frkelly74
01-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Yes , one or two. Special K and Post Toasties are made there.

Smoke4320
01-12-2015, 06:35 PM

to which the arresting officer said...is your name Special K

MT Gianni
01-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Had good friends that went to a halloween party with a bedsheet over them and small boxes of rice krispies with a plastic knife through them. Yep, cereal killers.

CastingFool
01-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Battle Creek is the home of Kellogg's cereals. They used to have a huge plant here, but it has diminished in size over time. their world headquarters is still there. Years ago, they used to have regular plant tours, and you could visit Tony the Tiger. You had to wear hair nets or hats, and cameras were banned. Post Cereals also has a plant in Battle Creek.

BruceB
01-12-2015, 09:14 PM
My Grandfather was a locomotive engineer on the Grand Trunk Western Railway, which ran (runs?) from Montreal to Chicago.

He was domiciled in Battle Creek for many years, and we visited there from Northern Ontario quite often. Grandpa's run was usually to Port Huron and back.

I was a pretty lucky kid, I guess..... one grandpa was an engineer, and the other was a gunsmith in Houghton, Upper Michigan.

I was fortunate enough to ride both the steam engines and the diesels.... what a thrill for a young lad.

We did take a tour of the Post cereals plant in Battle Creek, and the automation even in the '50s was a revelation to me.

Thumbcocker
01-12-2015, 10:24 PM
I sent box tops to Battle Creek and 4-6 weeks later got a Tony the Tiger cereal spoon. I was not a happy camper if ole Tony was dirty when it was time for breakfast.