PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone6. What browser should I get? Tapatalk or ? And why?

BrassMagnet
01-12-2015, 10:51 AM
I have a new iPhone6. What browser should I get? Tapatalk or ? And why?

thekidd76
01-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Your iPhone came with a browser which is Safari…Tapatalk is just an app you can use to consolidate your forums into a single place. Personally I don't like the app, and just log in to all my forums, CB included, from Safari. That way everything looks like it does on the computer and there's no change from what I'm used to. That's just my opinion.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Your iPhone came with a browser which is Safari…Tapatalk is just an app you can use to consolidate your forums into a single place. Personally I don't like the app, and just log in to all my forums, CB included, from Safari. That way everything looks like it does on the computer and there's no change from what I'm used to. That's just my opinion.

Thank you for the rapid response. I will stick with Safari for now.

bnelson06
01-12-2015, 11:28 AM
I use tap talk to browse with my iPad but I log into the forum for things like chat and PM's

Also use tap talk on my android phone

dragon813gt
01-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Get Tapatalk. It's the best forum browsing app. No need to zoom in and out to read posts. No advertising, besides the very limited ones built into the app. Basically the second thread when looking at your timeline is an advertisement. But it's easily distinguishable.

Not all forum features work w/ it. You won't be able to delete any of your posts. Editing them can be be glitchy at times. And the ignore feature isn't an option. It might be on the current version but I haven't upgraded.

I'm an active member on a lot of forums so Tapatalk is indispensable. But it's not perfect. The releases tend to be very buggy at first. And the developers are very slow to fix it.

Don't worry about creating a Tapatalk login. Thankfully they did away w/ having to login to the app before you could access the forums. Try it out and if you don't like it then don't use it. If you have any questions send me a PM and I can help you out.

ShooterAZ
01-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I find Tapatalk to be quite useful as well. Recommend it.

prsman23
01-12-2015, 07:04 PM
If you use google chrome at home everything imports with that as long as you sign in. Otherwise Safari is fine.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2015, 07:18 PM
If you use google chrome at home everything imports with that as long as you sign in. Otherwise Safari is fine.

No Chrome here.

Just Brass!

nivram
01-12-2015, 08:10 PM
I find Tapatalk to be quite useful as well. Recommend it.

+1

If you browse multiple forums, I highly recommend tapatalk. There is a slight learning curve. But it makes it easier to navigate the forums in my opinion.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2015, 08:59 PM
+1

If you browse multiple forums, I highly recommend tapatalk. There is a slight learning curve. But it makes it easier to navigate the forums in my opinion.

This forum regularly and a few others on rare occasions.

btroj
01-12-2015, 09:04 PM
I use my iPhone and iPad almost exclusively. Never used Tapatalk but based on comments here I just may need to give it a shot.

dragon813gt
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Even if it's just one forum it's a lot easier to view everything. I know the 6 is a larger phone. But zooming in and out and scrolling to read posts grows tiresome. It's the main reason I don't frequent sites that aren't Tapatalk native.

btroj
01-12-2015, 09:17 PM
The scrolling does get old. Luckily my phone is limited in forum use, mostly just lunch at work.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2015, 10:16 PM
The majority of the reviews for the latest version of Tapatalk claim the latest upgrade has really ruined it. I was going to get it until I saw those reviews.

Omega
01-12-2015, 10:49 PM
I use tapatalk only when I need to post pics; no need to upload to a separate picture Web Host. For browsing I use chrome since it works great on my Samsung phone and tablet. Firefox isn't bad if safari just tics you off, like it did me.

TXGunNut
01-12-2015, 11:39 PM
My dumb phone was smarter than I am, no idea what I'm doing with a smart phone. Glad some folks were able to help you out, good to be surrounded by so many smart and helpful people.

gkainz
01-13-2015, 01:02 PM
latest tapatalk sucks eggs - they're RUINED it ... the upgrade added 4-5 thumb taps to nearly everything I used to do with one ... but is still sucks less than trying to navigate any forum via any browser on the iPhone, in my opinion....

dragon813gt
01-13-2015, 03:46 PM
They have a habit of screwing the app up. Apple must be making a pretty penny off them because they've violated the TOS multiple times. When they added adds to the paid version people flipped out. They stopped supporting the old version after releasing a massively broken update. Which forced you to pay for the upgrade which is a blatant violation. Like I said, Apple must be making a ton. I need to download the new version onto the wife's phone to see how bad it is.

gkainz
01-13-2015, 05:32 PM
The new version is pretty ... nice fonts, screen layout, etc ... but apparently they let the graphic designers drive this release because the functionality took MANY steps backwards.

dilly
01-13-2015, 05:47 PM
You're so fast I always assumed you had some sort of notification on a phone that let you know when something was posted in swapping and selling. It's kind of funny to see you posting this question.

nivram
01-13-2015, 06:26 PM
The majority of the reviews for the latest version of Tapatalk claim the latest upgrade has really ruined it. I was going to get it until I saw those reviews.

Give it a shot. Just like anything, people hate change. I was one of those that disliked the changes they made. However as mentioned above. It still beats browsing via safari or any browser on a apple device.