PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter Just Did Something I wished I Had Done 30yrs Ago

jonp
01-11-2015, 06:26 PM
My daughter is serving our fine country and is in "The Sandbox" as we speak. Thank you to everyone for your prayers. Yesterday she did something while deployed that I wished I had done 30yrs ago. She raised her right hand and re-enlisted.

I'm very proud of her and I would like to say thank you to her and to everyone's son or daughter on this sight that is in uniform. :drinks:

MrWolf
01-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Congrats! You must be very pround. Thanks her for her service from us please.

John Allen
01-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Congrats, you should be very proud of her. I am glad to see this.

pjames32
01-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Be proud!
PJ

jcwit
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
There are times I wish I had done the same 50 years ago, but then I would have never met my wife.

Thank her for her service, and you have a right to be a very proud father.

Firebricker
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
And proud you should be ! I have not sent anything for a long time maybe we could send your daughter a care package from the cast boolits gang for her and her friends. Anything in particular she is needing? FB

skeettx
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
I pray for the military and commanders five times a week!
Tell your daughter she has our prayers and admiration
Mike

jonp
01-11-2015, 07:14 PM
And proud you should be ! I have not sent anything for a long time maybe we could send your daughter a care package from the cast boolits gang for her and her friends. Anything in particular she is needing? FB

Thank you for the kind offer. I'm not sure what she needs as they have pretty much what they use. We send her homemade chocolate chip cookies and stuff like that.

w5pv
01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Your daughter will still be in my prayers for her safe and sound return.Congradulations are in order.

nicholst55
01-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Tell your daughter 'thank you' from this old sergeant!

ph4570
01-11-2015, 07:34 PM
I thank her for the service and thank you for raising her well.

fatnhappy
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
hooah

retread
01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Send my thanks to your daughter. You have reason to be proud.

Bo1
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Jon,
You should be very proud, as I know you are.
Please send her a big thank you from me and my family. She is the reason we all sleep easy at night.
Bo

scarry scarney
01-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Thank you from a viet & desert storm vet.

MtGun44
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
May God Bless her and keep her and bring her home to you safely.

Bill

MaryB
01-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Congrats! I have 7 nieces and nephews serving, some are on their third re-enlistment, and one is now an officer in the Air Force. 4 of them are in linguistics and do spook stuff they can't talk about. One speaks Russian and Chinese, another Chinese and and several other languages of the area... they all picked things they had a talent in and the military saw their use and put them where they wanted. One nephew in AK is after me to fly up for a hunt.

When I do some cast boolit gun cleaning mats I will kick one on from myself to send to her so let me know if you guys get a package together. Foam can add packing material around other stuff and be useful! Working on the design so it may be a week or so.

Frank46
01-12-2015, 12:36 AM
When I was on my ship prior to starting the paperwork for separation the re-enlistment guy worked overtime on the guys leaving. Machinists mates,Boiler tenders,sparktricians and some other rates were classified as critical because of low retention. I should know as I stood 4 on and 4 off then 6 on and 6off as we didn't have the bodies to cover a full watch.I left the ship around the end of sept 67 as an E3 when the new ratings came out in october if I had stayed in would have been a E4 3rd class machinists mate. And E5 maybe a year or so later as you took both tests for MM3 and MM2 at the same time. A buddy who was in for a 4 years enlistment said things really didn't improve until almost a year later due to qualifying the new guys on different watches. Now enough on ancient history. Congratulations on your daughters re-enlistment. And my thanks for her service to our country. Frank

Artful
01-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Congrat's on raising such a good daughter - If she or her fellow service men need or want anything they have but to ask.

snowwolfe
01-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Congrats to all involved:) She must of had some good financial counseling as well because if she receives a reenlistment bonus it along with all the pay she makes while in a combat zone is income tax free!