PDA

View Full Version : Men ! I am sickened by this behavior, sickened. 89 year old WWII vet beaten to death

gray wolf
01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
89 year old WWII vet beaten to death by two black teens...

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-new...z/-/index.html

SPOKANE, Wash. -

WWII veteran Delbert Belton survived being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa only to be beaten and left for dead by two teens at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane on Wednesday evening.

Belton, 89, died from the injuries he suffered in the beating Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

Witnesses say the Belton was in the parking lot of the Eagles Lodge at 6410 N. Lidgerwood, adjacent to the Eagles Ice-A-Rena, around 8 p.m. Wednesday when the two male suspects attacked him.

Belton died from his injuries Thursday at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

"Shorty," as he was known by his friends at the Eagles Lodge, served in the U.S. Army in the Pacific during WWII and was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa. He went on to work at Kaiser Aluminum at the company's Trentwood plant for more than 30 years.

He loved playing pool, even though he claimed he was no good at it and had been a member of the Eagles Lodge for the last four months. In addition to playing pool he loved working on cars.

Belton's wife passed away several years ago.

Spokane police are looking for two male suspects in the attack. They said the suspects are African Americans between 16 and 19 years old.

One suspect was described as heavy set and wearing all black clothing. The other was described as being about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds. There was no description of what clothing the second suspect was wearing other than a silk do-rag.

Police investigating the deadly attack on Belton are also working to obtain surveillance footage from the scene.

The victim:

http://therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Delbert-Belton1.jpg

http://therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/23225525_BG5.jpg

http://therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/23225525_BG4.jpg

[/INDENT]

jmort
01-09-2015, 02:29 PM
More Sons of obama. Unfortunately this type of black on white crime is common.

NoAngel
01-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Sickened? Sure.

Surprised? Hardly.

Animals.

Alexn20
01-09-2015, 02:34 PM
The link is not working....

The color of the skin makes no difference to me but the behavior is appalling. Sickening is a good description.

gray wolf
01-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I feel the hurt for this in my 73 year old heart,
how the heck could you beat a 89 year old man, let alone WWII Vet.

I have nothing to be ashamed off

I have done nothing and that I am ashamed off.

aspangler
01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Black on white. Nothing will ever come of it if Obummer has anything to say about it.

farmerjim
01-09-2015, 03:19 PM
SPOKANE, Wash. - A 17-year-old pleaded guilty Wednesday to murder in the beating death of 88-year-old Delbert Belton, a World War II veteran who survived the battle of Okinawa but was killed in a robbery outside a Washington state bar in 2013.Kenan Adams-Kinard pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in exchange for two lesser charges being dropped. He faces a standard sentence to 20 to 27 years in prison when he is sentenced at a later date.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cbsnews.com/news/delbert-belton-teen-pleads-guilty-in-beating-death-of-ww2-veteran/&sa=U&ei=OymwVIjyJ7DbsAS5oIGwBQ&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEVl40xLOVLWb0KKixRTFQ_0djZqw

aspangler
01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
SPOKANE, Wash. - A 17-year-old pleaded guilty Wednesday to murder in the beating death of 88-year-old Delbert Belton, a World War II veteran who survived the battle of Okinawa but was killed in a robbery outside a Washington state bar in 2013.Kenan Adams-Kinard pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in exchange for two lesser charges being dropped. He faces a standard sentence to 20 to 27 years in prison when he is sentenced at a later date.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cbsnews.com/news/delbert-belton-teen-pleads-guilty-in-beating-death-of-ww2-veteran/&sa=U&ei=OymwVIjyJ7DbsAS5oIGwBQ&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNEVl40xLOVLWb0KKixRTFQ_0djZqw
Too good for him.

osteodoc08
01-09-2015, 04:21 PM
More Sons of obama. Unfortunately this type of black on white crime is common.

And rarely makes it to main stream media. Wonder why?......

This is a sad state of affairs. It would of made national news had this blood hungry vet been carrying and killed some innocent teen asking for directions......

While I dont get caught up in the color of ones skin, a criminal is a criminal.

SharpsShooter
01-09-2015, 05:15 PM
A jail cell is too good for him. He should have been drug down the courthouse steps and executed on the front lawn. All the taxpayers are doing is paying to send him to criminal school. When he comes out, he will be worse.

swheeler
01-09-2015, 05:27 PM
A bullet behind the ear would be a good sentence for the scumbag.

MtGun44
01-09-2015, 06:19 PM
As I get older, I am more aware that running and fighting with my fists is not
much of an option any more. So, if this situation comes up, and I sure hope it
doesn't, my 1911 will be my primary tool.

A friend told me a couple of years ago that if confronted by a young thug, he
think or say "Too old to run, too old to fight, I'll just have to shoot you."
Another friend reminded me that "You have exactly as much security as you
brought with you."

These predators see the older folks as easy marks, and take advantage of that.

Bill

M-Tecs
01-09-2015, 06:21 PM
A bullet behind the ear would be a good sentence for the scumbag.

Nope - way to quick and painless.

MtGun44
01-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Years ago somebody suggested that the killer be executed by replicating
the method he used to kill his victim as accurately as possible, regardless of
how ugly it might be. Sounded pretty reasonable to me.

Bill

dtknowles
01-09-2015, 06:33 PM
If there is any reason to think they attacked him because he was old or white or disabled there need to be additional federal charges brought. If the justice department casts a blind eye on this they are negligent, the media needs get on this. Blacks and LGBT are not the only protected classes when it comes to hate crimes and the justice department needs to make that clear or federal prosecutions are not about justice but about politics.

Tim

smokeywolf
01-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Bill

I have prescribed to that concept for decades. Since 1978 when Lawrence Singleton raped Mary Vincent and cut off both her arms, threw her off a cliff and left her for dead. He only spent 7 years in prison for that.

smokeywolf

M-Tecs
01-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I have prescribed to that concept for decades. Since 1978 when Lawrence Singleton raped Mary Vincent and cut off both her arms, threw her off a cliff and left her for dead. He only spent 7 years in prison for that.

smokeywolf

smokeywolf

Works for me. On a side note my sister was one of the RN's that cared for Mary Vincent. I KNOW my sister believes your solution is way to kind.

country gent
01-09-2015, 06:59 PM
I wonder what the actual sentence will end up being after "good behavior" and the parole borad get done. In actyality only a small protion of this may be served due to over crowding, good behavior and all the other feel good do gooders get done. I have seen the "games" played before and that is really sickening. This vet served his country and should have been treated with honor and respect.

Elkins45
01-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Can we please leave race out of this? Would it have been any better if a couple of white kids had beaten a WW2 vet to death?

Evil doesn't have a color.

M-Tecs
01-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Violence is a way of life and accepted by certain cultures. Some of these cultures have racial overtones. To solve a problem you first have to identify it. Why do some races/cultures have a very low violent crime rate and some others have a very high violent crime rate. What is wrong with pointing out which races/cultures propagate high violent crime rates?

jmort
01-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Virtually all black/white crime consists of blacks beating, robbing, killing, and raping whites. It is rare that whites do the same to blacks. Needs to stop

Dale in Louisiana
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
If there is any reason to think they attacked him because he was old or white or disabled there need to be additional federal charges brought. If the justice department casts a blind eye on this they are negligent, the media needs get on this. Blacks and LGBT are not the only protected classes when it comes to hate crimes and the justice department needs to make that clear or federal prosecutions are not about justice but about politics.

Tim

The story won't make it to the mainstream media because it does not fit the official line.

dale in Louisiana

Gelandangan
01-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Bring back capital punishment I say. No point to pay for these morons to lounge in jail with the dwindling public money.
Make them work - HARD work to pay for the crime.
Those bleeding hearts that screams human rights for them can work alongside the sons of rabid dogs.

9.3X62AL
01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Those of us who spent careers working with the victims of goblin outrages can be pretty Kafka-esque when it comes to what would be justifiable retribution for their atrocities. I love how the sob-sisters for doing away with the death penalty pine and moan about "cruel and unusual punishment". They should see the crime scenes I've processed......the carnage and blood and savagery blatantly present therein. Tell me about "cruel and unusual", you hypocrites. You same trendy leftist do-gooders that pine for the lives of murdering monsters are also right to the front when it's time to fight for abortion rights, aren't you? Just so I get this right......you place higher value on the life of a convicted murderer than upon that of an innocent unborn child, correct? That is SICK, and so is a belief system that supports same.

MaryB
01-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Death sentence march them to a gallows when they confess. No confession give them exactly 1 year to appeal then off to the gallows.

Bzcraig
01-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Sometimes I just wish God would give me a ministry of being a death angel. The older I become I certainly have gotten softer and sappy in some areas and other areas like this topic make me just cry out for immediate justice, screw the trial. Like MaryB, I think public hangings would sure lower crime rates.

gpidaho
01-10-2015, 12:15 AM
This whole thing is getting sooooo out of hand. I gave my girls my carry guns thinking they may need them more than me, and yes they carry. I took possession of my new one just today. Will go back to my old ways and put it on just after my shoes and socks. GP

MaryB
01-10-2015, 12:23 AM
My carry gun is the last thing I hang by the bed at night next to the bedroom 9mm and the shotgun, and first thing I pick up in the morning to put with the days clothes! If it isn't on me it is in front of me on the desk.

coloraydo
01-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Those of us who spent careers working with the victims of goblin outrages can be pretty Kafka-esque when it comes to what would be justifiable retribution for their atrocities. I love how the sob-sisters for doing away with the death penalty pine and moan about "cruel and unusual punishment". They should see the crime scenes I've processed......the carnage and blood and savagery blatantly present therein. Tell me about "cruel and unusual", you hypocrites. You same trendy leftist do-gooders that pine for the lives of murdering monsters are also right to the front when it's time to fight for abortion rights, aren't you? Just so I get this right......you place higher value on the life of a convicted murderer than upon that of an innocent unborn child, correct? That is SICK, and so is a belief system that supports same.

You, sir, have hit the nail squarely and heavily on the head, and mirror my sentiments to a ''tee".

Uncle R.
01-10-2015, 12:33 AM

No, No.
Not "murdering monsters" but rather unfortunate misguided victims of society.
They're victims - they were forced to be that way by society. Oh, yeah - and of course racism too.
I know it's true because TV told me so.
Society is to blame.
That means me and you - but especially you if you're white and conservative.
Now don't you feel guilty? It's all your fault.
And don't those "victims of society" make excellent political pawns to justify continually increasing government programs and expenditures - with the consequent increase of power and control for bureaucrats and politicians? (Especially leftist politicians.)

See? It's all in how you look at it - and who benefits from it.

Uncle R.

dtknowles
01-10-2015, 12:49 AM
The story won't make it to the mainstream media because it does not fit the official line.

dale in Louisiana

Yeah, just one more indication that the current administration and the liberal media are racist.

Tim

MtGun44
01-10-2015, 03:04 AM
Thanks, Al. Great point and insight from one that has been there. I never have had to do
that job, but have had several police officer friends that have had that or really bad car accident
duty and were scarred by the horrible images of carnage. Being a police officer is a very
difficult job in many ways. At least with the car accidents they didn't have to try to process
that this was done by a person, ON PURPOSE.

Bill

Plate plinker
01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm all for offing these people, but being practical with today's lefties around I would like to see at least a minimum off 50 years no parole for good behavior.

One step ata time until things are in the proper order.

cbrick
01-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I have prescribed to that concept for decades. Since 1978 when Lawrence Singleton raped Mary Vincent and cut off both her arms, threw her off a cliff and left her for dead. He only spent 7 years in prison for that. smokeywolf

I remember that case well. Yep, he did 7 years for raping her and cutting off both of her arms with an ax. 7 years. When he got out (with both of his arms) of the California prison they put him up in a trailer house on prison grounds to protect him from the public, he then moved to Florida where he succeeded in murdering a woman and he died in prison a short time later.

I have long been an advocate of an eye for an eye and carrying out the sentence in public.

Rick

smokeywolf
01-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I remember that case well. Yep, he did 7 years for raping her and cutting off both of her arms with an ax. 7 years. When he got out (with both of his arms) of the California prison they put him up in a trailer house on prison grounds to protect him from the public, he then moved to Florida where he succeeded in murdering a woman and he died in prison a short time later.

I have long been an advocate of an eye for an eye and carrying out the sentence in public.

Rick

Have always wondered, should the person or people responsible for signing off on a violent criminal's early release, be held complicit in any injuries or deaths caused by that criminal during the time that that criminal would have been incarcerated, had he or she served their entire sentence?

smokeywolf

lbaize3
01-10-2015, 11:47 AM
I do not see how race can be left out of this, because you know as well as I do that had that old veteran pulled a pistol and put both of his attackers down, the black community would have rioted, burned, pillaged and otherwise brought national attention down on the old vet. Unless, of course, the grand jury decided to prosecute and punish the vet for protecting himself.

Sorry folks, I have black friends that I love. But none of them are punks that go stealing and beating other people....

9.3X62AL
01-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Our own member Recluse said it best on another forum......."It's time for some Old Testament retribution." I get real tired of being told by elitist twits that my core values and lifelong beliefs are in error, when their answers to public policy questions and national security issues are so blatantly mistaken.

Multigunner
01-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Larry Singleton was white, if thats of any importance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Singleton

Elkins45
01-10-2015, 01:19 PM
I do not see how race can be left out of this, because you know as well as I do that had that old veteran pulled a pistol and put both of his attackers down, the black community would have rioted, burned, pillaged and otherwise brought national attention down on the old vet. Unless, of course, the grand jury decided to prosecute and punish the vet for protecting himself.

I do not, in fact, know that.

The race angle being played by the media is all about the police. Darren Wilson and the cop in NY were young and fit people in a 1:1 or multiple officer:1 situations. Even the race pimps like Jackson and Sharpton know they couldn't make hay out of a 2:1 attack on an 89 year old man.

Col4570
01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Savages,they have cancelled out their right to live.After all we destroy mad dogs.

TXGunNut
01-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Can we please leave race out of this? Would it have been any better if a couple of white kids had beaten a WW2 vet to death?

Black on black crime bothers me just as much as black on white crime. Too many black hoodlums are bringing our whole country down, it's part of their black gangsta culture whether the "colorblind" folks believe it or not.
It's not about race, it's about crime.

Desertbuck
01-10-2015, 06:12 PM
This is simply sick no matter the color of the gang butt f****. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.The first two weeks my wife and I lived there an 80 year old woman was stabbed to death in a park just two blocks from the apartment we were living in and the apartment complex smelled of marijuana and cat pee every day! That little city was and is extremely crime ridden! It's the only time I had ever had my car broken into thankfully they made off with nothing as I kept nothing of value in my vehicles and the little car was on its last legs anyways. I was tempted to make a rat trap look like an iPod and place it in the center console! I would have had made some enemies at some time if I lived there long.

dagger dog
01-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Bill

And have it televised on pay for view buy one of the "wrestling" promoters, that way It would be viewed by the maximum amount of scumbags !

xs11jack
01-10-2015, 08:40 PM
I can't believe that a first degree murder charge is only 27 years, what liberal bleeding heart got that one passed?? That should be the death penalty or at least life without parole.
Ole Jack

leeggen
01-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Just maybe the brothern in prison will take care of these 2 gangsters. If they leave prison they may be wareing dresses.
CD

wv109323
01-10-2015, 11:20 PM
I ask, what will criminals like this ever contribute to better society? 99.9999% of the time nothing. Instead they will continue in a life of crime.
In my orchard, if a tree is diseased and not producing fruit I cut it down. I don't care if it is a peach tree or a golden delicious or a red delicious. I don't care if it grew up on a hill side, I don't care if it didn't get properly pruned or any other reason it is not producing. It gets cut down and burnt. I don't spend a fortune on it trying to rehabilitate it.

smokeywolf
01-11-2015, 02:04 AM
I ask, what will criminals like this ever contribute to better society? 99.9999% of the time nothing. Instead they will continue in a life of crime.
In my orchard, if a tree is diseased and not producing fruit I cut it down. I don't care if it is a peach tree or a golden delicious or a red delicious. I don't care if it grew up on a hill side, I don't care if it didn't get properly pruned or any other reason it is not producing. It gets cut down and burnt. I don't spend a fortune on it trying to rehabilitate it.

Good analogy! However, even a diseased tree still has value as fuel. A human who has become a disease, a virus on humanity, not only has no value to human kind, but is a threat to the human race and must be thought of as nothing more than a dose of anthrax and entitled to the same degree of human rights as a dose of anthrax.

smokeywolf

MaryB
01-11-2015, 02:11 AM
Gallows on the courthouse lawn. Make it mandatory for the local news to carry at on their 10pm shows.

mold maker
01-11-2015, 10:56 AM

When is he last time you heard of 2 white kids beating an older black Vet to death??
They plaid the race card in the act.

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 11:09 AM
When is he last time you heard of 2 white kids beating an older black Vet to death??
They plaid the race card in the act.

Have you met many WW2 vets who were black? In my entire life I have met one, and they didn't let him have a rifle. Frankly I haven't heard of many vets of any color being beaten by kids of any color, but there were never many black victims to select from to begin with.

You have no idea if race played any sort of factor at all in their victim selection process. For all you know they just picked the first old person that happened to cross their path. Playing the race card works both ways: white people claiming that blacks select white victims based on race is no different than blacks claiming that white policemen choose to stop blacks based on race.

blackthorn
01-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Good analogy! However, even a diseased tree still has value as fuel. A human who has become a disease, a virus on humanity, not only has no value to human kind, but is a threat to the human race and must be thought of as nothing more than a dose of anthrax and entitled to the same degree of human rights as a dose of anthrax.

Should be death sentence and then---mandatory organ donors!

cbrick
01-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Have you met many WW2 vets who were black? In my entire life I have met one, and they didn't let him have a rifle. Frankly I haven't heard of many vets of any color being beaten by kids of any color, but there were never many black victims to select from to begin with.

Not trying to defend black Americans, I personally think they are their own worst enemy. However, black Americans as a group have an excellent military record from the Revolutionary War right up to today. Your post makes it sound as if there is no black American military record and nothing could be further from the truth. They rarely got the recognition or even medals they deserved but their record is clear for anyone that cares to research it.

As for the incident in the OP which by the way was a year and a half ago (not current) a person would surely need to have blinders on not to see a racial aspect to it. Don't think so? Then explain why the incident occurred in a place where their victim would most certainly be white?

Rick

Bzcraig
01-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Not trying to defend black Americans, I personally think they are their own worst enemy. However, black Americans as a group have an excellent military record from the Revolutionary War right up to today. Your post makes it sound as if there is no black American military record and nothing could be further from the truth. They rarely got the recognition or even medals they deserved but their record is clear for anyone that cares to research it.

As for the incident in the OP which by the way was a year and a half ago (not current) a person would surely need to have blinders on not to see a racial aspect to it. Don't think so? Then explain why the incident occurred in a place where their victim would most certainly be white?

Rick

Great post Rick! And very accurate as well.

jmort
01-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Blacks are murder, robbery, rape specialists.

Today blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks com*mitted more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population. Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. And blaming this decades-long, well-documented trend on racist cops, prosecutors, judges, sentencing guidelines and drug laws doesn’t cut it as a plausible explanation.
“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their classic 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.” This was true decades before the authors put it to paper, and it remains the case decades later.
“The overrepresentation of blacks among arrested persons persists throughout the criminal justice system,” wrote Wilson and Herrnstein. “Though prosecutors and judges may well make discriminatory judgments, such decisions do not account for more than a small fraction of the overrepresentation of blacks in prison.” Yet liberal policy makers and their allies in the press and the academy consistently downplay the empirical data on black crime rates, when they bother to discuss them at all. Stories about the racial makeup of prisons are commonplace; stories about the excessive amount of black criminality are much harder to come by.
“High rates of black violence in the late twentieth century are a matter of historical fact, not bigoted imagination,” wrote Mr. Stuntz. “The trends reached their peak not in the land of Jim Crow but in the more civilized North, and not in the age of segrega*tion but in the decades that saw the rise of civil rights for African Americans — and of African American control of city governments.” The left wants to blame these outcomes on racial animus and “the system,” but blacks have long been part of running that system. Black crime and incarceration rates spiked in the 1970s and ’80s in cities such as Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Washington under black mayors and black police chiefs. Some of the most violent cities in the United States today are run by blacks.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/21/family-secret-what-the-left-wont-tell-you-about-bl/#ixzz3OXEG165g
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

jmort
01-11-2015, 01:45 PM
More to the point

What about interracial crime, white-on-black attacks and the reverse?
After researching the FBI numbers for “Suicide of a Superpower,” this writer concluded: “An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.”
Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.
If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?
And if the FBI stats for 2007 represent an average year since the Tawana Brawley rape-hoax of 1987, over one-third of a million white women have been sexually assaulted by black males since 1987 — with no visible protest from the civil rights leadership.

9.3X62AL
01-11-2015, 03:47 PM
The statistics cited by J. Mortimer may be correct, I'm not in a position to confirm or refute them. Whatever their content, we need to use them to answer The Next Question--what to do about these conditions that create such realities? My own view is that poverty is the great crucible that alloys all of life's social, psychological, and spiritual negatives into a Perfect Storm of violent and feral predatory ideation. Virtually all of these bad actors are MADE, not born. 50-odd years of Great Society give-aways has only provided disincentives to social advancement, or so it seems. There have to be better ways of investing in America's youth than business-as-usual.

jmort
01-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Black culture has embraced baby daddies and mommies and is largely populated by ********, literally. One of the best predictors of criminal behavior, imprisonment, and poverty is bastard status. Blacks have made little effort to improve their lot. As stated, they now specialize in murder, rape, theft and robbery. To be sure, whites and Latinos are are determined to produce a share of ******** as well, but not yet near 70% plus benchmark set by blacks. Liberals have corrupted blacks and blacks have embraced liberalism. Now, where is my obama phone?

TXGunNut
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Agreed, Al. The war on poverty has had some unintended casualties, chief among them is a culture of dependency or entitlement among the very folks these programs were supposed to benefit. A large percentage of this "entitlement" group is indeed black but other races are represented here as well.
Yes, I blame "the system" but that doesn't excuse an individual's actions.

TXGunNut
01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Black culture has embraced baby daddies and mommies and is largely populated by ********, literally. One of the best predictors of criminal behavior, imprisonment, and poverty is bastard status. Blacks have made little effort to improve their lot. As stated, they now specialize in murder, rape, theft and robbery. To be sure, whites and Latinos are are determined to produce a share of ******** as well, but not yet near 70% plus benchmark set by blacks. Liberals have corrupted blacks and blacks have embraced liberalism. Now, where is my obama phone?

As long as we reward single mothers with our tax dollars and base that reward on the number of bastard children we're just digging that hole deeper. Again, it's not just black folks but this group is disproportionally black.

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 05:02 PM

Rick

The average white person has more money than the average black person. The average old person has more money than the average young person. If I were a thug of any race I would target older white people as my prefered robbery victim. So in that sense race was a factor, but not necessarily a motivation.

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 05:07 PM
As long as we reward single mothers with our tax dollars and base that reward on the number of bastard children we're just digging that hole deeper. Again, it's not just black folks but this group is disproportionally black.

Per capita, for sure, so I agree that blacks are disproportionally represented--but the largest recipient group for welfare is single white women, and not by a small amount either. If anyone thinks the entitlement mentality is primarily a black problem then let me recommend a field trip to most any community in southeastern KY. There's no shortage of white women with a SNAP card in one hand and a meth pipe in the other.

jmort
01-11-2015, 05:14 PM
What about the crime issue? Right, facts suck.

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 05:52 PM
What about the crime issue? Right, facts suck.

What about it?

This thread was about a single incident. Statistics are meaningless when applied to the individual.

jmort
01-11-2015, 06:00 PM
​Don't agree. This was obama's sons doing what obama's sons do.

cbrick
01-11-2015, 06:00 PM
The average white person has more money than the average black person. The average old person has more money than the average young person. If I were a thug of any race I would target older white people as my prefered robbery victim. So in that sense race was a factor, but not necessarily a motivation.

Keep telling yourself that but while you do keep in mind that reality is not on your side.

Rick

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Keep telling yourself that but while you do keep in mind that reality is not on your side.

Rick

Care to explain this statement further? What knowledge do you have that I don't regarding this specific incident that establishes that the victim was targeted because of his race? Did the perpetrators say they choose him because he was white?

EDIT--I read several follow up news articles. Both teens were apprehended and are in jail. In none one the articles I read was there any sort of implication the victim was selected because of his race. One article said he was selected because of his diminutive size: he was 5 feet tall and his nickname was 'shorty'. His age was also cited as a factor in his selection.

cbrick
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Well Elkins, since it seems to make you feel all warm & fuzzy carry on. Sure has nothing to do with reality but hey, you feel better.

Rick

Elkins45
01-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Well Elkins, since it seems to make you feel all warm & fuzzy carry on. Sure has nothing to do with reality but hey, you feel better.

Rick

Reality? You made an unprovable assertion about the motives of strangers. What's real about that?

Are you really asserting that every black on white crime is racially motivated? Is that the reality you think I don't see?

9.3X62AL
01-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Gents and ladies, give a reading to some of Dr. Lonnie Athens' work on violentization. He has published a number of works on his live-interview research with a wide range of violent offenders, and has come up with one of the best explanations--and possibly an accurate predictor--for violent behavior. He speaks of a four step process of violentization, and how in virtually all instances it is a learned behavior and most frequently by having endured and survived violence during formative years of youth. Now, believing this to be true will not cause me to belay action in the event of an armed attack, but it does help explain a great deal of the nonsense I was involved with or investigated during 28 years of law enforcement work. I always asked the "why" of things at work, with the idea that if I could get at the reason or motive for a course of conduct I could better solve its occurrence and identify its perpetrators. I have a fair assessment of why disproportionate numbers of black folks are involved in crime compared to their relative numbers, and how in a darkened parking structure I might make certain pre-judgements about people I find there as co-occupants. The object of the game is to survive the interlude in that parking garage, and won't make any bones about an attacker's paint job. You attack/I defend.......you stay frosty, we have no issue. Simple and race-neutral......a kind word and a Glock go farther than a kind word alone.

MaryB
01-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Whites on EBT are typically there as a temporary solution to job issues versus generational black families. Sure there are white trash welfare families, but I live in the poorest county in MN and we have 1 family that is white that abuses welfare versus 5 or 6 black families that moved out here from the Twin Cities for the cheaper rent. You see it more in a smaller community and whites tend to work their way out of poverty even if it means 2 part time minimum wage jobs to do it.

jmort
01-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Stop telling the truth

9.3X62AL
01-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Stop telling the truth

There is much arrayed against the truth when this subject gets discussed. I don't have any ready answers, but for d--n sure we won't arrive at any solutions by lying about reality or retreating to euphemistic political correctness. It will be a fight--and a nasty one--to get hard-core indolent people to become productive citizens. Stealing is less work, that is exactly what they will do, and society's sanctions against sustained and systematic thievery are not up to the task of dissuading the activity. Society won't accept killing of thieves as a reasonable or lawful response to their depredations. In effect, we have painted ourselves into a corner with our unwillingness to do the hard work it will take to re-construct honest society, so the default answer has been for 50 years to pay them off to minimize our exposure to depredations. That is really what we do with our society's economic redistribution.......it is largely tribute paid to pirates to reduce their likelihood of plundering our homes and businesses. We carry homeowner's and business insurance to defray costs when the tribute fails.

smokeywolf
01-12-2015, 01:45 AM
Per capita, for sure, so I agree that blacks are disproportionally represented--but the largest recipient group for welfare is single white women, and not by a small amount either. If anyone thinks the entitlement mentality is primarily a black problem then let me recommend a field trip to most any community in southeastern KY. There's no shortage of white women with a SNAP card in one hand and a meth pipe in the other.

Blacks represent 13.7% (44,000,000) of the U.S. population, but account for 39.8% of the total number of welfare recipients.
Whites represent 77.7% (245,532,000) of the U.S. population and account for 38.8% of the total of welfare recipients.

Sources:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/population/cb12-90.html

Don't usually like to quote Wikipedia, but you're welcome to find other sources and correct me.

smokeywolf

jmort
01-12-2015, 01:52 AM
Facts, again? Facts are stubborn things.

MaryB
01-12-2015, 04:20 AM
You have to break that down to per 100,000 to compare, otherwise comparing unequal sample sizes results in a skewed picture.

Blacks represent 13.7% (44,000,000) of the U.S. population, but account for 39.8% of the total number of welfare recipients.
Whites represent 77.7% (245,532,000) of the U.S. population and account for 38.8% of the total of welfare recipients.

Sources:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/population/cb12-90.html

Don't usually like to quote Wikipedia, but you're welcome to find other sources and correct me.

smokeywolf

smokeywolf
01-12-2015, 05:02 AM
You have to break that down to per 100,000 to compare, otherwise comparing unequal sample sizes results in a skewed picture.

I think my figures sufficiently refute Elkins' figures. Besides, as Elkins didn't even reveal the source(s) of his figures they have little validity.

Mary if you're going to tell me to do a better job on my homework, forget it. I'll settle for a B- on this assignment.

smokeywolf

Elkins45
01-12-2015, 06:58 AM
I will be happy to research my welfare statistics, and if I'm wrong I will say so---but that's all a distraction.

My point was abut the actual topic of this thread: the beating death of one particular person by two other persons. I have found no information in the multiple news sources I read to indicate he was selected as a victim because of his race. cbrick and mortimer seem to be implying that the attack was racially motivated, and either insinuating or outright stating such by telling me that I'm ignoring reality or as jmortimer put it, "this was obamas sons doing what obamas sons do." This is what I don't like seeing, because to assume all black on white crime is racially motivated is no better than when Sharpton and Jackson insinuate that all white on black police shootings are the result of racism.

I'm not disputing that young black men engage in violence disproportionally to their representation in the population. What I'm saying is that there is no evidence that THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT was racially motivated. If someone can find evidence to support the assertion that race was the reason they chose this victim then I will admit my error and go away. It just seems like some folks here in "Our Town" are quick to throw race into the discussion without any evidence it was a factor.

captaint
01-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Truth ?? Man, don't tell the truth. Your *** will get fried for that. Not nice. Why can't we convince more old folks and women they need to be armed ?? My own wife is even ready.

dtknowles
01-12-2015, 01:57 PM
So 5 times more whites will be kicked off welfare than blacks when we stop the welfare program.

Tim

9.3X62AL
01-12-2015, 02:02 PM
It just seems like some folks here in "Our Town" are quick to throw race into the discussion without any evidence it was a factor.

Same thing that The Al & Jesse Show has done for decades, and it's just fine when those two Poverty Pimps engage in the practice. Let mainstream working-class white folks make such assertions, and it gets morphed into racism somehow. Intellectual dishonesty of the first order.

dtknowles
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Same thing that The Al & Jesse Show has done for decades, and it's just fine when those two Poverty Pimps engage in the practice. Let mainstream working-class white folks make such assertions, and it gets morphed into racism somehow. Intellectual dishonesty of the first order.

Its racism with Al and Jesse do it, it is racism when Rush does it. Racism seems to be a fact of life in our culture. People like to label groups and attack groups instead of dealing with facts and individuals.

Tim

jmort
01-12-2015, 02:13 PM
"...it is racism when Rush does it"

What exactly?

Elkins45
01-12-2015, 04:12 PM

No, it is absolutely not fine, and I am making no such point. But engaging in a bad behavior with the excuse of "He did it first!" doesn't exactly paint us in the best light.

Every time a white cop shoots a black guy it isn't because he was black. Every time a black kid robs a white guy it isn't because he was white. We simply don't know if race played any part in the mental process (and I use the term loosely) that these thugs used to select this particular victim.

Making blanket statements about how we 'know' he was targeted because of race without any evident in support is the intellectual equivalent of 'knowing' Michael Brown was just minding his own business when an evil racist cop started 'harassing' him.

This was a terrible crime, but we don't know it was a racial crime. Throwing race into the discussion without any evidence does none of us any good, but it may do us some future harm. The antis would love nothing more than to paint all shooters and gun owners as hateful racist trash. Can we please refrain from helping make their task easier?

Just to be clear: I'm no wide-eyed liberal infiltrating a gun forum. I think the evidence is clear that Michael Brown tried to steal Officer Wilson's gun and his shooting was justified. That's based on reported facts from the case. I also think the jury made a correct decision in the Zimmerman case based on the facts known at the time (although it is starting to look like Zimmerman isn't exactly a poster child for our side). But I just don't see that every black on white crime is racial any more than I see the opposite.

KCSO
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Unfortunatly things like this seem to boil down to black against white oe white shoots black when the whole thing is sub human trash against the rest of us. I don't see a race issue hear just a sub human issue.

smokeywolf
01-12-2015, 04:45 PM
So 5 times more whites will be kicked off welfare than blacks when we stop the welfare program.

Tim

Your source for this data please.

If you are reading that from my post, you are misreading my post.

smokeywolf

gandydancer
01-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Where was AL-- not so SHARP--TON on this one. Oh yeah. it was a white guy. sharpie don't do white only BROWN. The Murders should be HUNG until dead.

9.3X62AL
01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Unfortunatly things like this seem to boil down to black against white oe white shoots black when the whole thing is sub human trash against the rest of us. I don't see a race issue hear just a sub human issue.

Succinctly put, sir.

dtknowles
01-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Your source for this data please.

If you are reading that from my post, you are misreading my post.

smokeywolf

I stand corrected, there are about the same number of Whites on welfare as Blacks if you don't consider Hispanics White.

Tim

jmort
01-12-2015, 09:01 PM
"AL-- not so SHARP--TON"

Can always tell who is a fellow Levinite