PDA

View Full Version : Blooper on Pioneers TV program

bobthenailer
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
During the last episode of PIONEERS they had a flood and lost alot of food & gear so they decided to trade some of there 16 guns for food & supply's . they stated that they only had antique firearms as this is to be era senstive program . they laid them out on a blanket and low and behold i once quickly saw a revolver that looked like a DA Colt 4" python or diamond back revolver and i also saw a Ruger 10/22 in several takes of the guns on the blanket and in use by the Pioneers in later scene's.

Why cant TV programs get it right ?

Its still a interesting show though!

KCSO
01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Colt Python 1957??? Ruger 10-22 1960??? Hey they ARE antiques, just like me!

parson48
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Now, if that were a Star Trek episode....

btroj
01-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Why does anyone expect reality on reality TV shows? This is all scripted, any semblance of reality is by accident.

Mk42gunner
01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
I believe I saw the episode prior to that one, the flood was shown as a preview of the next show. I about laughed my you know what off at the way they were doing things; dragging posts by hand when they had horses eating their heads off, letting nervous Nellie have a gun and get behind the other two women on their big "hunt".

I did wonder why they were digging a hole for a house in what looked like a creek bottom. I would have thought some one had checked the high water mark, before starting to dig.

Robert

mold maker
01-10-2015, 11:27 AM
In reality some of the obviously stupid thing they do, are the product of reality. No experience, no research, no knowledge of the subject, produces what looks good to them.
Only those in the know, see the mistakes, and we are a shrinking number. Those shows aren't documentaries, their contrived drama and fiction.
Any semblance to reality is accidental.

10x
01-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Sounds like satire and comedy to me.
Remember folks - this is entertainment - not reality.
You can bet the actors and crew have a fully stocked caterer to keep them going...
and on their "time off" they head to the local bar.