PDA

View Full Version : I had a really bad dream last night...

ShooterAZ
01-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I dreamed that I opened my gun safe, and all of my guns were rusted. Not just a little rusted, a LOT rusted. I was trying to use my thumbnail to scratch some of it off of some of them...deep crusty rust. I woke up, and went and checked them...all was good in the world. I have no idea of why I would have dreamed that! Scary....

JSnover
01-04-2015, 05:57 PM
You're worried about someone or something dear to you. The guns didn't rust: something important deteriorated. A relationship, a business deal, a sick relative...

ShooterAZ
01-04-2015, 06:04 PM
No, no drama in my life at the moment. No rust either, thank God!

Sweetpea
01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Getting older?

Maybe you're worried about YOUR gun not working anymore?:groner:

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

762 shooter
01-04-2015, 06:13 PM
RIG is the answer to your dreams.

JSnover
01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
OTOH, maybe it was just a dream about some rusty guns...

ShooterAZ
01-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Getting older?

This is my rifle... this is my gun... everything shoots just fine...:)

waynem34
01-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Yeah I have wierd dreams like that all the time.To the point I know I'm dreaming while dreaming it.I just laugh in my dream say this has got to be a dream and I wake. Sometime I go ahead and get out of bed and get ready for the day.Sleep is stressful sometimes.

ShooterAZ
01-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Sleep is hard to come by for me...my wife is a nurse and works crazy hours. I get it when I can, crazy dreams or not.

Bzcraig
01-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Getting older?

So so how do you knock the rust off?

ShooterAZ
01-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Use it or lose it...

DLCTEX
01-05-2015, 03:36 AM
I usually attribute my bad dream to Deer Chili eaten late, or it's equivilent.

starmac
01-05-2015, 03:47 AM
They claim everybody dreams, but I haven't remembered a dream since I was a young kid. I tend to think I have had some, because when I was in my 20s I worked around some wetbacks, and my wife claimed I would talk mexican in my sleep. lol

Taylor
01-05-2015, 07:43 AM
At a point some months ago,I had not had a bad dream in years.Then I watched an old WWII movie with my son.Had a dream that night.Now I watch these all the time,before and since,I just like these movies.Some of the newer movies I will not watch,but never any issues with the older ones.No dreams in awhile now.

dale2242
01-05-2015, 08:08 AM
I live in an area with high humidity most of the year.
Have a heat bar and 2 desiccant cans in my safe for good measure.
A light oiling is always another good rust deterrent.......dale

dragon813gt
01-05-2015, 09:30 AM
I find my weird dreams are after I wake up and fall back asleep for a short period of time. They are almost lucid but I can't quite control them. I've had some pretty prophetic dreams that have really freaked me out. Not at the time but years later when they came true. If I'm remembering dreams from years before something was making me do it for a reason.

trapper9260
01-05-2015, 12:06 PM
I find my weird dreams are after I wake up and fall back asleep for a short period of time. They are almost lucid but I can't quite control them. I've had some pretty prophetic dreams that have really freaked me out. Not at the time but years later when they came true. If I'm remembering dreams from years before something was making me do it for a reason.

Now I see I am not the only have those kind of dreams.a few years back had a bad one that is of some one done themself up with a gun and seen it all but the face of the person and I woke up from it and not long after there was a guy I was working with did just that I just wrote and that was not good.All i said after the dream was what a waste of life.I had others in the past and most came to also.

therealhitman
01-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Sigmund Freud is rolling in his grave.

Idz
01-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Obama's back on the mainland, everybody is worried about losing their guns.

William Yanda
01-05-2015, 01:07 PM
recent post in swap forum had desiccant for $5 plus shipping. Sounds like you need some.

Kent Fowler
01-05-2015, 03:44 PM
I'd rather dream about rusty guns than my ex-wife.

ShooterAZ
01-05-2015, 05:40 PM
I know the feeling.

Sweetpea
01-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I had a dream several years back, that I was at a park, with my kids ( We had only 1 child at the time, had tried for years to have more, but had given up )

It was time to go, and I went to call the kids. I looked at my daughter, and I told her "I'm sorry, honey, I can't remember your name" to which she replied, "that's because I haven't been born yet"...

I woke up and told the wife, that we weren't done yet, and she thought I was crazy.

Two weeks later, we discovered she was around six weeks along!

firefly1957
01-05-2015, 08:37 PM
It was not rust in your dreams it was really ATF agents on your guns in your safe and happened because of martial law when obama refuses to work with republicans........Oh never mind that was another person's nightmare.

coloraydo
01-06-2015, 12:54 AM
I had a dream several years back, that I was at a park, with my kids ( We had only 1 child at the time, had tried for years to have more, but had given up )

It was time to go, and I went to call the kids. I looked at my daughter, and I told her "I'm sorry, honey, I can't remember your name" to which she replied, "that's because I haven't been born yet"...

I woke up and told the wife, that we weren't done yet, and she thought I was crazy.

Two weeks later, we discovered she was around six weeks along!

Now that was kinda spooky, but in a good way. :drinks:

Sweetpea
01-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Yep, she is a "threenager" now, and I wouldn't trade her for the world!