PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh, what am I to do?

mugsie
02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
This is terrible. I think I need some kind of intervention or rehab or something. I love to shoot. I love to reload. I love to cast. I can cast more bullets than I can reload. I can reload more bullets than I can shoot. I can't help myself. I get home - I cast. I eat dinner. I go down to the basement and I lube and or reload. Weekends come around - I'm at the range shooting. I shoot and I shoot trying to use up all the ammunition I have. Doesn't seem possible. Before I leave the range I scrounge brass from the buckets. I accumulate more and more. I don't feel whole unless I leave with more brass than I came with. On the way home I sometimes stop off a garages looking to score more wheel weights. On the way home from work in the evenings I stop, looking to score. I get home from the range, back to cleaning, casting, reloading. Work isn't getting done around the house. I never check the mail any more unless there's a package for me from Midway or Cabelas or a thousand other suppliers. Am I hooked?:-D

corvette8n
02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Not yet, you are still sleeping aint ya.:-D

454PB
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I fail to see a problem......

lovedogs
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Sounds normal to me! Of course, if them Dems get in office you'll have to go underground like the rest of us.

madcaster
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
:-DYou only have problems if your guns are not getting enough company in the way of being used!

HORNET
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
mugsie, you are obviously confused. You're on THIS site looking for intervention or rehab? Nothing on here but a bunch of enablers. I recommend that you go cold turkey. To assist in your efforts I am willing (at great personal risk) to accept delivery of all your reloading equipment and supplies (at no cost, of course). That'll give you a chance to fight this addiction (and me more neat stuff).:kidding:

DLCTEX
02-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds like perfectly reasonable behavior to me. DALE BTW, Isn't it strange how people who don't talk guns, reloading, casting, shooting, hunting, etc. are so boring? What do they find to do in life?

runfiverun
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
i think its everybody else that has the problem

but..... since you are asking for help you should really pack it all up
and i'll pay your shipping to get it here.. far away from temptation
just don't tell my wife its coming though i like to surprise her with stuff like this

Whitespider
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Good lord, what’s the problem?
What else are ya’ do when you aren’t sleepin’ or eatin’, baking cookies?

dragonfire
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Get rid of ya wife like i did and you can do all of this and then some :Fire:

kodiak1
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
If you go in for a blood test and find that your blood test positive for lead then you know 100% that you are addicted and need help. If you test normal don't worry about it and keep up the good work, could be worst you could be spending all your time on a woman, drugs or booze. So if you put it into prespective look at the positive's and keep casting, loading and shooting.
DR. Phil
Ken.

Bad Water Bill
02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Just send me directions and I will drive there and help you get rid of ALL those nasty time consuming products so that you have many free hours to sit and watch the boob tube and get gray hair from all the garbage shown there.:kidding: BWB:castmine:

jonk
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Since getting a progressive press I have this problem for pistols; but it is rare that I load more rifle than I'll need for one or two outings.

HORNET
02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Mugsie,
If you're serious, there is a member here that has said that he's a liscensed psycho-therapist (unlike the unliscensed psycho's also on here). But then, he's also offered to work out payment terms in wheelweights so he may not be quite what you really want......

Wayne Smith
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Mugsie,
If you're serious, there is a member here that has said that he's a liscensed psycho-therapist (unlike the unliscensed psycho's also on here). But then, he's also offered to work out payment terms in wheelweights so he may not be quite what you really want......

Muggsie, that's me! I don't know where you are, but maybe we can work out something cooperative. I'll work for wheelweights or guns or lots of other stuff!

aka Wayne the Shrink

mroliver77
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Since getting a progressive press I have this problem for pistols; but it is rare that I load more rifle than I'll need for one or two outings.
I am saving for a progressive that will handle rifle too. ;)
J

dale2242
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
mugsie, The only problem you have is the fact that you don`t take enough ammo and family and-or friends shooting. My two grandsons can burn up several hundred rounds of ammo a day if you give them the chance. Also have several friends that a glad to help out. I`m sure you can find some that are willing to help with this issue.---dale

pearson1662
02-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Have you bought dies and loaded for calibers you don't even own guns for?[smilie=1:

AZ-Stew
02-22-2008, 02:24 AM
The first step is to admit that you have a problem. You've done this, so apparently, you actually DO have a problem.

I, on the other hand, have never let these things bother me. I think it's perfectly normal behavior.

If you really have more ammo and bullets than you can shoot, please send them to me and I'll manage that part of your addiction for you. That seems to be the only part you're worried about. I'll then return the empties to you and you can refill them. You'll feel more content, since you won't have all the surplus ammo, and I'll get more trigger time. Win-Win.

Regards,

Stew

corey012778
02-22-2008, 03:45 AM
I got started about a month ago. I got laid off last week, spent the last 5 out of 7 days eather casting or smelting and make ingots. I maybe doing the samething if I was working [smilie=1:

Sprue
02-24-2008, 01:55 AM
This is terrible. I think I need some kind of intervention or rehab or something. I love to shoot. I love to reload. I love to cast. I can cast more bullets than I can reload. I can reload more bullets than I can shoot. I can't help myself. I get home - I cast. I eat dinner. I go down to the basement and I lube and or reload. Weekends come around - I'm at the range shooting. I shoot and I shoot trying to use up all the ammunition I have. Doesn't seem possible. Before I leave the range I scrounge brass from the buckets. I accumulate more and more. I don't feel whole unless I leave with more brass than I came with. On the way home I sometimes stop off a garages looking to score more wheel weights. On the way home from work in the evenings I stop, looking to score. I get home from the range, back to cleaning, casting, reloading. Work isn't getting done around the house. I never check the mail any more unless there's a package for me from Midway or Cabelas or a thousand other suppliers. Am I hooked?:-D

That there, is the most beautiful poem I've ever read. Nearly brings me to tears
:violin:

Sprue
02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
Saturdays excerpt. Went to local gun show but didnt bring anything home. Went to an estate sale picked up the following. Three ladles, two cast iron pots, three rcbs lubrisizers, 45 lbs of LSWC .429 sized/lubed bullets, two dual cav WC blocks and one 4 cav lyman mould. Before running home went to local mart and picked up a new digital camera.

Bret4207
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I spent most of my money on cheap floozies, booze and gun stuff. The rest I wasted.....

TCLouis
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
keep casting and reloading. I will give you a list of boolits that will help you, and the caliber and load data for you to load. It will help you even more if you go out and buy a bunch of brass too.

Then place in a box, pay shipping to TCLOUIS' house. I will shoot it and what I load and we can both be happy.

xsquidgator
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm addicted the same way. My wife thinks I'm nuts doing alchemy with lead melting pots, smelting, and tumblers running noisily in the garage, but when she grumbles about what I spend on "that stuff" that it's a LOT cheaper than if I took up golf!