PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why people do this stuff

rmatchell
12-31-2014, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QtM7X0xYN8&feature=youtu.be

I guess its just my age speaking here but somebody needs to smack these kids upside the head and introduce them to range rules. I will give them credit for creativity but I am glad I wont be next to them at the range.

montana_charlie
12-31-2014, 07:21 PM
We're gonna miss him when he's gone ...

45coltnut
12-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes, very creative....and very unsafe! Whoever is behind the camera is a bigger moron than the one doing the singing/shooting.

TES
12-31-2014, 07:24 PM
um have you seen some rigorous gun training?...You would probably not want to be next to that either...especially the cleaning part....I mean springs and quick scrub flying everywhere.....danger danger danger......

In all honesty the guy has great muzzle discipline. Don't see anything dangerous there but a guy with a gun having a good time.

StratsMan
12-31-2014, 07:25 PM
Even the Teenage Daughter got a kick out of that one...

rmatchell
12-31-2014, 07:28 PM
My brother in law sent me the link and I figured I would share. Now at 31 I know im not much older than them but I cant help but say to myself "KIDS THESE DAYS"

RKJ
12-31-2014, 07:40 PM
I kinda liked it. I probably wouldn't (heck I couldn't) do it. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and my coordination wasn't ever that good.

45coltnut
12-31-2014, 07:45 PM
In all honesty the guy has great muzzle discipline. Don't see anything dangerous there but a guy with a gun having a good time.

Seriously? So, you are OK with people standing in front of the line of fire? I'm not sure if you have kids. If so, would you want your young and sometimes foolish kid doing the video taping while leaving his life in the hands of someone else? I wouldn't! A simple double stroke of the trigger while he's intending on sitting it down is all it would take.

Fun is fun. Unsafe fun is foolishness.

TES
12-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Read Eric L Haney's accounts of celebs and VIP's in the kill house....It is all well rehearsed....No...it is never safe all the time.....but this guy seems to have done this before....To answer your question....no I would not let my kid sit in a chair in a kill house with delta force shooting all around him or let him stand next to this guy but these guys chose to take the risk to "shoot" a promo video for their band. If he chose to do any number of stupid things that could get them both killed while doing this would you be just as upset? This is America...we have the right to be complete idiots so long as we choose to...apparently.

jmort
12-31-2014, 08:03 PM
If you have seen Pitch Perfect, you can't but enjoy that. That was real good.

45coltnut
12-31-2014, 08:11 PM
TES,

I agree. It is America and each foolish person his own. I was curious on your comment, "Don't see anything dangerous there but a guy with a gun having a good time."

Rigorous training or not, why take foolish chances? Life is too short to be dead.

TES
12-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Didn't say I was going to do it...but it makes for an interesting video....I watched it twice.

Good eye....you saw exactly what I meant...It is always dangerous when firearms are involved. What I meant was....I think this guy is being very cautious while taking an extreme risk. You can see it in his actions..very deliberate. So much so that his singing actually stinks. I will not be visiting his site to listen to his music based on this video.

pworley1
12-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Very interesting.

powderburnerr
12-31-2014, 08:32 PM
The comments are interesting to say the least on this thread,
as an old pd range master and a certified nra police instructor , I felt that the gun control in the video was very well executed , and never once in the video did I see a muzzle in the camera lens.
One must remember that a camera nowadays almost always has a zoom l ms on them and the operator was most likely a safe distance away . Or was comfortable doing his job. The camera wasn't jumping around like he was getting shot at and the backstop sure was safe , it was also filmed at a private place and not a public range with benches side by side ,
one must remember there are still places in America that are safe to go and shoot without a range officer present and the background in this video bears this out..

buckwheatpaul
12-31-2014, 08:40 PM
All I see is a major train wreck down the way....carelessness with something that will kill you if and when you get stupid! IMHO

Remiel
12-31-2014, 08:49 PM
is it a good idea?...NO, did it look cool? well yeah... A lot of things look cool or seen like a good idea at the time, doesn't mean everyone should do it. like previous posts his muzzle control and area awareness was spot on, this was obviously choreographed just for the video and since we cant see other than what the camera shows we can only assume. a do not try this at home may be in order

starmac
12-31-2014, 08:51 PM
I finally watched the video. Goofy, but by the comments here I was expectint the camera to be in front of the shooter, not to the side. Safer than a lot of the stuff I see at the range, when people are not making a video, one of the reasons I stay away from it 99% of the time.

Remiel
12-31-2014, 08:53 PM
My brother in law sent me the link and I figured I would share. Now at 31 I know im not much older than them but I cant help but say to myself "KIDS THESE DAYS"

im 34 and say the same thing

rmatchell
12-31-2014, 09:20 PM
I guess its more of an issue of thats not what I would consider acceptable. It is just playing, the way I was raised with firearms grampa would have taken away the guns and proceeded to make the rules clear. Im a firm believer that bad habits are easy to form and easy to pass on to others.

WILCO
01-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Don't see anything dangerous.

I did.

A) Shooting on hillside above houses with rifles & pistols.
B) Shooting on power company right of way and next to power line poles.
C) Shooting close range into hard sloping ground. Nobody wants to catch a ricochet!
D) Shooter's muzzle was lined up with body of shooter to his right. Nothing could go wrong there. There's more, but why bother. :veryconfu [smilie=s:

WILCO
01-01-2015, 01:39 AM
did nt see bad habits. well practiced movments in cntrolld area.

:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

starmac
01-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Watched it again and never seen a muzzle lined up on anybody. It appeared at least in the video I watched the houses were behind them. I will admit the ground was sloping, in fact very steep, it was natural, but one heck of an extra tall berm, and what is the problem with shooting across a right of way.
They were goofy and horseing around, but even watching a second time, I missed the dangerous part, I have witnessed much worse at the range.

charlie3tuna
01-01-2015, 06:38 AM
I liked it. Also, I suspect the camera was set up on a tripod, no operator involved. Safety concerns duly noted, don't want to get in a fight....charlie

WILCO
01-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Rigorous training or not, why take foolish chances? Life is too short to be dead.

Yep. Nothing ever goes wrong with rigorous training under your belt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mYC9TdoLc

WILCO
01-01-2015, 08:53 AM
and what is the problem with shooting across a right of way.

They weren't shooting across a right of way, they were shooting on it, which is basically trespassing.

KohlerK91
01-01-2015, 09:04 AM
I would say they shot more in a few minute clip than alot of gun owners shoot in a lifetime.

If you going to own a gun you might as well know how to shoot it.

Davy Sprocket
01-01-2015, 09:44 AM
At least the camera man wasn't on their right side with hot brass raining on him.

Hickok
01-01-2015, 10:01 AM
tap, tap, tap,.... rap, rap rap,.... BANG,.... tap, tap, tap,.... rap, rap, rap,..... BANG,.... OHHH son of a biscuit, where's my finger, I shot off my finger,

starmac
01-01-2015, 03:16 PM
They weren't shooting across a right of way, they were shooting on it, which is basically trespassing.

In what state is shooting on a ROW considered tresspassing? I know some states they make the best trails.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Toby Keith doesn't mention that use of a red solo cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

waksupi
01-01-2015, 03:31 PM
In what state is shooting on a ROW considered tresspassing? I know some states they make the best trails.

Just about every state has laws about shooting on or across a right away. It could be considered a trespass charge, although safety is the stated concern.

starmac
01-01-2015, 04:10 PM
The states I have lived in, there was no problem except the railroad row, the rest could be used, and when crossing private property could be used for anything except for building any permanate structures. Many deer blinds are on rows, and have been all of my life.

45coltnut
01-01-2015, 06:42 PM
In consideration of the flu meds I'm on and stopping to think more on the video, I realized that I may have slightly overreacted yesterday to this post and others comments. If I offended anyone with my comments I do apologize.
However, I still hold my stance in saying this isn't safe. I wish no man, woman or child be hurt while enjoying the wonderful sport of shooting. I know I know, I'm dull and boring :)

Everyone be safe, stay safe and Happy New Year!

JSnover
01-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I would never try it. But I guess they burned a lot ammo by the time they were ready for the final take and each of them seem to have all original body parts.

flyingmonkey35
01-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Looks like the foothills in Utah.

Utah county.

I recognize the area.

As far as I know you can't shoot there.

Ppl
Do all the time though.

It appears to be a stupid well controlled stunt.

starmac
01-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Looks like the foothills in Utah.

Utah county.

I recognize the area.

As far as I know you can't shoot there.

Ppl
Do all the time though.

It appears to be a stupid well controlled stunt.

Is it not legal to shoot in Utah outside of city limits?
On a couple of jobs I worked in Ut, we always set up a makeshift range.

flyingmonkey35
01-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Its county and blm states foothills are off limits for shooting in non- designated areas.

Basically all if it.

1Shirt
01-02-2015, 01:18 PM
To me it is stupid, a waste of ammo, possibly against the law for the area, and violates what I consider to be common sense.
1Shirt!

WILCO
01-02-2015, 01:42 PM
I did not make fun of you/

I wasn't making fun of you.

did nt see bad habits. well practiced movments in cntrolld area.

Was just confused by your statement.
:veryconfu=Confused and I still am. [smilie=s:

WILCO
01-02-2015, 01:42 PM
To me it is stupid, a waste of ammo, possibly against the law for the area, and violates what I consider to be common sense.
1Shirt!

Amen!

TCLouis
01-02-2015, 02:35 PM
I'll go log on just so I can register a thumbs DOWN