PDA

View Full Version : Gun safety

dakotashooter2
12-31-2014, 12:30 PM
Has anyone used or considered using a lazer for safety training with a firearm? I have 4-5 years before my grandson will be old enough but I'm thinking that a lazer is a perfect tool for teaching muzzle control. Working in a room or large building it would be easy for a student to see exactly where that muzzle is pointed and if anything that shouldn't be is being "swept".

dilly
12-31-2014, 12:53 PM
I think it's a good idea if you can find or make a laser that is the general shape of a gun. Maybe even modify a toy gun to have a laser in it.

Be careful as some lasers are very powerful and can cause blindness. Most of the cheaper ones are pretty harmless though.

Multigunner
12-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Just tape a laser pointer to a water pistol or airsoft pistol.
There are also cheap laser indicator sights made especially for realistic airsoft and CO2 pistols, some come packaged with the gun. These would be okay for training.

At one time a very realistic blankfiring replica of the S&W 76 SMG was used for firearms safety training, the instructor would occasionally let off a supposedly unintended discharge and scare the pants of the students.

scarry scarney
12-31-2014, 04:44 PM
In my gun classes I use the SIRT pistol to teach with. I start everyone with a rubber gun like a blue gun (but from amazon for $11).