PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna

wch
12-31-2014, 10:30 AM
I have two single shot Husqvarna rifles, one model 25 (32-20), one model 26 (25-20) and only one extractor.
Since the rim sizes are the same I have been switching the extractor between the two when I change one for the other.
Does anyone know where I can find another, or find someone to make another extractor?
I'd be glad to let the maker use my existing part to copy it for me.

richhodg66
12-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Jeff in New Zealand has and hunts with one of those in .30-30 and those seem to have been more popular overseas than here, I'm sure the institutional knowledge of how to fabricate extractors is out there.

You're very fortunate, I was watching a few of those rifles in both calibers on gunbroker a while back, seems like they would make the ultimate stalking rifle for a guy who casts. I've never held one, but they are lovely little rifles and I bet the handling characteristics are great.

popper
12-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Numrich?

wch
12-31-2014, 04:24 PM
No luck at Numrich or at any general search that I've run.

dragonrider
12-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Can you post a picture??

Bent Ramrod
12-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Some acquaintances of mine bought several of those rifles from an outfit called (IIRC) Buffalo Brothers in Phoenix, Arizona. The acquaintance told me he had heard that the exporter had pulled the bolts out of all the rifles and packed them separately. Since the extractor is only held in place by the bolt in the receiver, it would fall out upon bolt removal and not necessarily be included in the shipment by the packing people.

My acquaintance and his son actually went over to Phoenix to buy their rifles and were able to find and match the proper extractors to the rifles. A mail order might have been a lot less satisfactory a deal. You might try to find the phone number for Buffalo Brothers and see if they have received any more extractors, or could otherwise get you one.

wch
12-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Can you post a picture??

There are very good photos of the extractor on this site; search for "Husqvarna single shot rifle #26 in 25-20" by a banned member named "Chicken Thief" and you'll see them.
Otherwise PM me with your snailmail address and I'll copy these and mail them to you.