PDA

View Full Version : Need Lee loader instructions for 12ga

mtnman31
02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I just got my hands on an older Lee Loader in 12ga, 2-3/4" shells. It did not come with a copy of the instructions or load data. If anyone has a scanned copy they could email me, I'd highly appreciate it.

Thanks

andersendl@hotmail.com

mooman76
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Try the Lee web site.

floodgate
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
mtnman31:

I've got one I can run for you, if you'll PM me your address. Is it the data card that sticks out of the end of the box to show the gauge/caliber, the eight-page instruction folder, or both? I assume by "older" that you have the old style tool with the cardboard box and styrofoam insert. Someone here just sent me a copy of the missing card for a .45-70 set, so I am happy to pass the goodwill along; no charge, of course.

Floodgate

miestro_jerry
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
You know I thought that one day the orginal Lee Loader would go the way of the Vegamatic, but both are still popping up here and there.

I remeber hammering on one many years ago in front the TV. Used an old wooden mallet.

Jerry

Muskrat Mike
02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Like Mooman said, go to Lee's Web site. You will find the charts under instructions.

mtnman31
02-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the help. I found the shotgun load data on Lee's site but they only have instructions for the rifle die set. I imagine that is because they don't make the Lee Loader for shotgun anymore. Floodgate has come to my aid.

Cheers

jemsj4
02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I just got a lee loader for 12g. Could I get a copy of the instructions? I can't find them anywhere. I have used the Lee Loaders for rifles & handguns for years, but am clueless on the shotgun set up. Thanks, Jeff

DMC
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I've got the LEE Loader (Shotgun) instructions posted at:

http://www.precisionshooters.com/ibforum/index.php?showtopic=6422

I didn't include load data.

DC

floodgate
02-24-2008, 02:30 AM
jemsj4:

(mtnman31; twotoescharlie: see warning below; it applies to your sets as well)

Jeff: (See PM)

The set for which the instructions were posted is in a long, narrow box with three shot dippers and one powder dipper, plus the 6- and 8-segment crimp starters, and beige plastic decapper and wad seater; this is the "Deluxe" set, and is less common (I have one in 20 ga.). It was originally made by an offshoot outfit from the original Lee Custom Engineering Co., but was later taken over again by Lee

I imagine yours is the standard Lee set, in a box about 4 1/2" x 6 1/4", with a plastic (red?) powder dipper and an adjustable metal shot dipper; the wad guide is a full-length metal assembly and the decapping and repriming stems are also plated metal. The instructions are different. I will send a copy of the instructions and the data card to the address you PM'd me.

BUT!!!

This set was intended to be used with the older paper shotshells with cardboard and felt wads and NOT the present-day plastic cases and one-piece, cupped plastic wads. The modern wads seal a LOT tighter, and will give EXCESSIVE pressures if used with the powder charges measured with the dippers in these older sets. Modern loads are VERY sensitive to any change in case, powder, primer and wads, and these older loading sets are not appropriate for use with them; that is probably why they were discontinued many years ago. Unless you have a supply of paper shells, nitro card over-powder wads and the thick felt filler/cushion wads (they can still be gotten here and there), your set is just a curio, as an example of an earlier phase in shotshell reloading.

I'm sending the info with this understanding; that I DO NOT recommend your using it with modern shells or components.

Doug Elliott/floodgate